Author Topic: The Truth posts picture on Instagram with Ray  (Read 7991 times)

Re: The Truth posts picture on Instagram with Ray
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It really is time to bury the hatchet...Geeze, Danny tried trading Ray Allen a bunch of times---No C's fan should hate on Ray.

We waited 22 years to finally win another Championship, now it's been almost another 10--Ray Allen was crucial to Banner 17-!
Because he deserve it, Ainge saw his juda nature and is proved right

Ainge is as much a "Judas" as Ray.

In other words, not at all. They're both businessmen.

Judas to whom? To Ray? Sure.

But you know there's apples here, and some oranges there.

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It really is time to bury the hatchet...Geeze, Danny tried trading Ray Allen a bunch of times---No C's fan should hate on Ray.

We waited 22 years to finally win another Championship, now it's been almost another 10--Ray Allen was crucial to Banner 17-!

exactly. I hate the comparison of gm to player. The players are the face of the squad, the gm is a back office guy trying to make trades.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

exactly. I hate the comparison of gm to player. The players are the face of the squad, the gm is a back office guy trying to make trades.

So?

Neither player no GM must show "loyalty".

Danny can trade anyone on the team at any time, and he's done so. Antoine, KG, Pierce, Perk, IT. It doesn't matter how much a player has given to a franchise, he's a commodity to be evaluated and potentially traded. Danny doesn't care about emotional bonds, either to players or fans.

Similarly, Ray is allowed to make a cold business decision. He doesn't owe an ounce of loyalty beyond his contractual obligations.

Neither is a "Judas". The guys who demand trades while still under contract? They're the traitors, because they walked out on their obligations.  They signed a contract and refused to honor it in good faith.  But free agents? Wherever they go, it's their right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48:53 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The guys who demand trades while still under contract? They're the traitors, because they walked out on their obligations.  They signed a contract and refused to honor it in good faith. 

Have you always felt this way or have you felt this way only since the Kyrie acquisition? Sincere question.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I have no personal feelings for Ray but I definitely will always have KG/Pierce/Rondo's backs...   If those 3 wanted to keep the feud going then I'm on their side the whole way.  Once they are ready to forgive then so aren't I.

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

So?

Danny can trade anyone on the team at any time, and he's done so. Antoine, KG, Pierce, Perk, IT. It doesn't matter how much a player has given to a franchise, he's a commodity to be evaluated and potentially traded. Danny doesn't care about emotional bonds, either to players or fans.

Similarly, Ray is allowed to make a cold business decision. He doesn't owe an ounce of loyalty beyond his contractual obligations.

Neither is a "Judas". The guys who demand trades while still under contract? They're the traitors, because they walked out on their obligations.  They signed a contract and refused to honor it in good faith.  But free agents? Wherever they go, it's their right.

Ray is 100% a Judas.

He took a smaller contract to play for a rival, and didn't have the nuts to tell his teammates.

Judas.

This Kyrie trade has got you trippen.

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So?

Ray is 100% a Judas.

He took a smaller contract to play for a rival, and didn't have the nuts to tell his teammates.

Judas.

This Kyrie trade has got you trippen.

1. Kyrie took less money than he was entitled to to go to a rival;

2. Kyrie refused to talk with his teammates about his trade demand; and

3. Kyrie refused to fulfill his contract, sticking it to fans and teammates in the process.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The guys who demand trades while still under contract? They're the traitors, because they walked out on their obligations.  They signed a contract and refused to honor it in good faith. 

Have you always felt this way or have you felt this way only since the Kyrie acquisition? Sincere question.

I'm sure I've had a hypocritical moment or two, but I think the only guy I've actively supported after demanding a trade is Alonzo Mourning. Did Barkley demand a trade? I liked him too.

Vince Carter, Carmelo, Starbury, Steve Francis, Dwight Howard... I'm just not a fan of most guys who don't honor contracts.

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Since it's a business, I don't see why demanding a trade doesn't fall within the bounds of business options for players. The team can just refuse the demand and not trade the player. The player then either refuses to play or he plays. Or the team accepts the demand and makes the trade. Simple.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Is it good business to take less money to go somewhere else?

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Totally agree. They made decisions that were the best for their points of view. No reason for the hate.
But they don't have to be friends either

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Since it's a business, I don't see why demanding a trade doesn't fall within the bounds of business options for players. The team can just refuse the demand and not trade the player. The player then either refuses to play or he plays. Or the team accepts the demand and makes the trade. Simple.

Part of legitimate business is honoring contracts.

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 09:28:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Is it good business to take less money to go somewhere else?

It can be, sure.

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Without Ray no championship

Dont care about the post Celtic Ray tho

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Part of legitimate business is honoring contracts.

It seems like your problem is with the league itself not being a "legitimate" business, then, because players demanding trades has long been incorporated into the way business is done in the NBA. If it were such a problem then the owners could have addressed it in a number of ways during CBA negotiations.