Author Topic: Jabari Parker wants a max deal (5 years, $29mill/yr)  (Read 2955 times)

Re: Jabari Parker wants a max deal (5 years, $29mill/yr)
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 11:04:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Parker is 22 and just averaged 20.1 p, 6.2 r, and 2.8 a and bumped his 3PT% to 36.5 (on 3.5 attempts) and his 2PT% to 53.  He of course got hurt and only played 51 games, but if he can prove to be healthy and continue to progress, he will probably get a max contract.  He has to show he can be healthy though.
You can now get a max contract for averaging 20ppg one season? Mike James really whiffed with the timing of his career, didn't he? :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 11:11:45 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Parker is 22 and just averaged 20.1 p, 6.2 r, and 2.8 a and bumped his 3PT% to 36.5 (on 3.5 attempts) and his 2PT% to 53.  He of course got hurt and only played 51 games, but if he can prove to be healthy and continue to progress, he will probably get a max contract.  He has to show he can be healthy though.
You can now get a max contract for averaging 20ppg one season? Mike James really whiffed with the timing of his career, didn't he? :P
Yeah because that is what I said.  Parker went from 12/5.5/2 to 14/5/2 to 20/6/3.  He improved his shooting in each season as well.  Seems like pretty solid progression, no?   He is 22.  If he wasn't an injury risk, he would easily be worth a max contract.  The injuries are a big concern though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah because that is what I said.  Parker went from 12/5.5/2 to 14/5/2 to 20/6/3.  He improved his shooting in each season as well.  Seems like pretty solid progression, no?   He is 22.  If he wasn't an injury risk, he would easily be worth a max contract.  The injuries are a big concern though.
Moranis, relax, man. I'm just poking fun at the fact that the NBA seems to hand out max contracts like candy these days. Earning one used to be a bit tougher than patching together a decent season and having tremendous upside potentialtm. I have no doubt that someone will roll the dice. That's just how it is these days.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Moranis, relax, man. I'm just poking fun at the fact that the NBA seems to hand out max contracts like candy these days. Earning one used to be a bit tougher than patching together a decent season and having tremendous upside potentialtm. I have no doubt that someone will roll the dice. That's just how it is these days.
except that isn't exactly true for those rookie extensions as lots of rookies have received max extensions throughout NBA history.  The dollars are just so much larger now they stand out more. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Parker and Joel Embiid will both be restricted free agents after next season. Talent wise, their max type players. However, their health tells a different story. A lot will depend on how they perform this season, and if they can remain healthy. If they don't get max offers, do either bet on themselves and just sign the qualifying offer? Because if they get injured during their qualifying offer campaign, then they could potentially lose a ton of money.