Author Topic: Euroleague 2017-18  (Read 10251 times)

Re: Euroleague 2017-18
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 03:59:42 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Unless something crazy happens, Real is the new champion.

It's a pity no Spanish fans came over to Belgrade, but still nice game, nice win.

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
The game has changed... and physical players survive... I mean galis petrovic sabonis kukoc cannot be found easily again... the top euro players now are adetokunmpo jokic teodosic????

I love and admire Galis but he learned bball growing up in the States. I would not count him as a European talent.

Yes, Petrovic, Sabonis, Kukoc were great, but Giannis alone has the chance to be better than any of them. And apart from quality, there is something to be said about quantity too, a lot more euros play now in the NBA than in the 90s. This sure helps a lot.

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2018, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Doncic 13 pts 4 assists
which reminds me...have you heard any rumors or tidbits about whether will doncic stay in europe or come to the US immediately?

ha, i cannot help myself and continue to hang onto the slight and dim hope the celtics might get him someday.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2018, 06:46:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
next...maybe not euroleague...but do you know or have seen isaac bongo, SF playing in germany?

i am thinking the celtics might get someone young (18) they can stash for year.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/isaac-bonga
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@hwangjini_1

About Doncic there is a valid concern IMO in that Real Madrid is a better run organization than Phoenix or Sacramento. And he has a great situation there, winning it all at such a young age and being the fans favourite. Also, Madrid is a great place to live.

But I think the rumours are wrong, the sensible thing is to move to the NBA once you can, get that fat salary and play against the best competition in the world. He seems very independently minded which is also great, some times Europeans delay coming over bcs their parents (usually the father) exercise pressure. Vezhenkov was such a case.

Regarding Isaac Bonga, I ll ask ppl who follow the Bundesliga and get back to you.

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 07:11:19 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
next...maybe not euroleague...but do you know or have seen isaac bongo, SF playing in germany?

i am thinking the celtics might get someone young (18) they can stash for year.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/isaac-bonga

I've seen him play against Bayern in the playoffs
 He has quite some hype especially in Germany
He really throws himself into it
 I love players with that amount of game knowledge who just see when someone runs free
 His throw isn't all that great right now, but nothing he can't work on
I don't think he'll fair that well in the NBA right now simply because he doesn't has the mass
 He's like 80 kg
He should just stay in the Bundesliga for another year or two and hit the books there
The Bundesliga isn't all that bad, they also have a lot of professionals from all over the world
 His contract with the skyliners last till 2020 I believe
He's pretty explosive
Low trajectory when he throws
 Fun to watch
 His brother is a machine as well

^what the Bundesliga savant had to say

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
many thanks g666. so, while my hopes for doncic remain borderline fantasies, bonga may be worth a look for the celtics.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
many thanks g666. so, while my hopes for doncic remain borderline fantasies, bonga may be worth a look for the celtics.
Praying that Doncic stays another year in Europe, we keep the Sac pick, it's #2 and we package it for #1 ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2018, 07:18:19 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
thanks g666.

do you know of any good euros the Celtics might be interested in with their late first rounder?
I don't know will he be available by the time we draft, but Dženan Musa (Jenn-an Moose-aa) fits the bill. Bosnian kid that played for a Croatian champion Cedevita. He is young (got to 19 less than 2 weeks back), fairly athletic, has range, has length, some playmaking ability, he seems talented. I watched him 4 live games this year and even though he didn't dominate in any of them, there were flashes. Definitely enough for a late 1st rounder. If by some chance, now ranked (18-20) he ends up being available.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dzanan-Musa-84736/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL_Ve6yt4zY
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:30:04 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 04:20:48 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Charalambopoulos was injured most season.. there are some talents like him lountzis and kalaitzakis in greece but... they have not played enough.. obviously you can find a donsic jokic adetokunmpo once in a while but the production has regressed... when Croatia had petrovic kukoc radja and vrankovic at the same time and recently Spain had gasol bro and co you cannot make a comparison

I am a bit late for this
I had promised a road trip to the wife and i missed sthe F4 so other than being excited for the 10th cup i have no idea what happened in Belgrade :D

Charalampopoulos is almost a legend if you look at his FIBA Junior tournament achievements. By far the best player. Good range, excellent passer, very good rebounder and true leader
Unfortunately he didn't get to play with Panathinaikos. Last season he had a important role playing for paok but i think this ship has sailed. His averate athletic abilties (and i am generous here) don't help either