Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers will win 50 games. Melo & Gelo will play for Lakers"  (Read 7498 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers will win 50 games. Melo & Gelo will play for Lakers"
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 01:01:39 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Lavar: "Lakers will make the playoffs"

Danny: "I'd rather have the L.A. pick than the Brooklyn pick this year"

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2017, 03:10:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Paint your Face Lavar Clown!!
Lakers win 30 games, 3rd worst
Record in NBA and will send the pic to
The Celtics.. will become #1 pick...

Thanks!!!
If it goes 1 it'll go to the Philly dynasty
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The other two barely seem like college-level material, let alone NBA material. I'd be surprised if either of them make the league.

Yeah, I guess it's good for LAL that two additional roster spots came into effect with two-way contracts. That way they can keep Lavar/Lonzo happy without bogging down actual roster spots with those two.

Lavar Ball represents everything that is wrong with sports.

If only loudmouth oafish self-promotion was all that was wrong with sports.

Entitlement without actually having earned it (hype without substance) and using your kids as puppets aren't exactly positives either. Somebody really needs to teach the guy the meaning of of the word, modesty.

It's not Lonzo's fault, but he isn't exactly stopping it. I hate to wish ill-will on his children, but I don't want to see this behavior encouraged in the future.

You know, this is seriously terrible for his kids. 

When I heard his idiotic rants, I immediately had established a negative bias towards Lonzo despite never seeing the guy actually speak.  Then I saw multiple interviews with Lonzo, and he actually seems like a really good kid - he seems to say all the right things, and his modesty seems genuine.  Sometimes I get the impression he's almost embarrassed by his dad. 

So I actually feel sorry for Lonzo, because under any other circumstances, he's the type of player I would be rooting for.  But I feel like the more success Lonzo gets, the more attention Lavar is going to get, and more chance there is of his brand succeeding, and the more I'm going to have to listen to his arrogant ramblings. 

So as sad as it is, part of me actually wants Lonzo to fail and the brain to fail just so his dad with shut the hell up.  And that's terrible.  I don't think I've ever felt more conflicted feelings towards a prospect/player, and the worst thing is that it's nothing to do with Lonzo himself.
The youngest ball brother is annoying like his dad

Well screw that one then.

I kinda secretly wish Lonzo would break off on his own, make his millions playing the game, and then leave his dad and his idiotic Big Baller Brand out to dry - that way I can actually root for Lonzo to succeed.
He's a Laker, why want him to succeed?
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The kid's nickname is Gelo?

Is that like Jello? He needs to work on that one.

Ha! Dumbest nickname ever.

I take offense in this. I have a cousin who's nickname is Gelo. I have a friend who's nick is also Gelo. In fact its quite a famous nickname here.

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Wonder if Lavar has told Magic he's doing his job?

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 08:28:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The other two barely seem like college-level material, let alone NBA material. I'd be surprised if either of them make the league.
The younger brother is often considered better than Lonzo was as a similar age.  At the Final ESPN 100 Lonzo was ranked 4th (with a 96 grade).  For the 2019 class, LaMelo is currently ranked 7th (with a 95 grade) so that could adjust by the time the ESPN rankings are finalized.  Either way, he is at least considered near Lonzo from the talent and potential standpoint.

LiAngelo was a 3 star recruit with a 79 rating and outside the top 100 (the lowest rating in the top 100 was 83).  He is a freshman at UCLA this year, and is clearly not in the potential class of Lonzo or LaMelo, but a 79 rating isn't terrible and the family is clearly talented, so with a couple of years at UCLA could turn into a NBA caliber player.

Yeah, I just don't see it. I've watched several of LaMelo's games, and he'll get eaten alive at the college level.
He was a sophomore.  he is still two years away from playing in college.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip