Author Topic: Uncle Drew - HBO Premiere February 2, 8 pm  (Read 7040 times)

Uncle Drew - HBO Premiere February 2, 8 pm
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/id/20591789/cast-revealed-upcoming-uncle-drew-movie

The movie "sees Uncle Drew embark on a road trip to round up a group of septuagenarian friends for one final tournament at hallowed Rucker Park." Those friends are played by former NBA stars in old age makeup and Drew is played, of course, by newest Celtics Kyrie Irving.

I'm not super optimistic about this, as a movie, but Lil Rel Howery is great and if this can be some kind of Blues Brothers for basketball it could be good. I'm hoping for a Bill Russell cameo a la the Pepsi commercials. I'll probably see it either way.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:59:11 PM by Moranis »
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Uncle Drew movie coming next June
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 07:14:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Haven't had a movie star play for this team since shaq diesel

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 07:44:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hopefully the Celtics are still playing in June.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 07:50:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
wouldn't it be awesome if he dressed up as uncle drew in the finals to promote the film and we win?

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:06:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
wouldn't it be awesome if he dressed up as uncle drew in the finals to promote the film and we win?
lol

I don't know how the prosthetics are with sweat but he should definitely grow out the fro a little and dye it grey.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm so glad we get to watch Kyrie grow his brand.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:27:33 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A lot of posters seem to be into this aspect, and I admit I'm looking forward to some Celtics colored sneakers,  but I find the celebrity crap more annoying than anything.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
That's pretty freakin' cool.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i liked his little gig .

Good for him

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

I agree.  I also think I read he wrote/directed some of the Uncle Drew commercials?  I'm sure that means he contributed somewhat to the movie also?

It's too bad people in the sneaker thread were saying his shoes aren't great to play in, because I was on my way to buy them.  They look good enough, and I never know what the heck to buy in a basketball shoe (wasn't actually asking for advice, but I'll happily take it from anyone who's bored and wants to PM me).

In fact, I never really know what to look for in any shoe, so I'm still considering a pair just to wear.
Philly:

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I agree.

It's too bad people in the sneaker thread were saying his shoes aren't great to play in, because I was on my way to buy them.  They look good enough, and I never know what the heck to buy in a basketball shoe (wasn't actually asking for advice, but I'll happily take it from anyone who's bored and wants to PM me).

In fact, I never really know what to look for in any shoe, so I'm still considering a pair just to wear.
I mean thy can't be that bad, I'm sure kyrie himself wears the same version that we all wear. If not, a lot of reviews say they're good for speed and getting feel of court. Its just they have a little less cushion in exchange for feel of the court

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 10:02:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I agree.  I also think I read he wrote/directed some of the Uncle Drew commercials?  I'm sure that means he contributed somewhat to the movie also?

https://m.footlocker.com/index.cfm?uri=product&model=262694&sku=88450030&size=12.5

?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 10:07:05 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
A lot of posters seem to be into this aspect, and I admit I'm looking forward to some Celtics colored sneakers,  but I find the celebrity crap more annoying than anything.

I love it. The more popularity, the more exposure, the more nationally televised games, the more commercials, the more merchandise etc. Kyrie is easily the most marketable player in Celtics franchise history, I say the C's take full advantage.

Even socially, people just respect/admire the C's more that they have such a well-known player. The history is cool and all, but there's nothing like some good ol' razzle dazzle. That's why LA is always in the mix for free agents no matter what state the franchise is in.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
Thank you, CelticsElite.

I was actually gonna ask for some second opinions in case that thread just happened to paint the shoes in a bad light.

For me, I don't give a flying flip about cushion, so if the lack of it actually means a better feel of the ground, then that's a trade-off I'd be completely down with.  I mean, I totally don't care about blisters and what-not.

On the other hand, if the lack of cushion hampers performance, and is not simply a pain tolerance thing, that's something I'm definitely curious about.

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid, but I repeat, I'm a total amateur when it comes to buying basketball shoes.  I pretty much grew up with a new pair of shoes every 2 years, so ever since I've just been buying basketball shoes at random when walking into the mall.
Philly:

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald

https://m.footlocker.com/index.cfm?uri=product&model=262694&sku=88450030&size=12.5

?

Sexxxayyyy.
Philly: