Author Topic: Trade Idea: Morris for Vonleh & Connaughton  (Read 5809 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Morris for Vonleh & Connaughton
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
He fills a major need.

Let's go back to a productive debate. Which one? Whats he plus at? And how does it compliment the Celtics completely new roster?

I was never even debating, but again, any debate never even reaches Morris because the return is one fringe NBA player and a guy that jumps high and is good at baseball.

So you're above the discussion, despite offering nothing useful, and just making a joke out of it. Strong?

Huge gap between what I said and how you interpreted it.  The trade on your return sucks, which is why the proposal is weak.  Every one person in this thread has had the same response.  Hopefully Morris will surprise you, he's pretty good.

Awesome analysis.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:41 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'd very much be up for trading Morris for the right piece - I'm not sold on how his game fits here, or his personality in general. 

But not for Vonleh/Connaughton. Vonleh is young and certainly has potential, but he's shown little so far and making this move would be a massive gamble with a very high risk of not paying off. 

As unconvinced as I am about Morris' fit, at least we do know what to expect from him and we know he can contribute as a starter.  We need that assurance from our starting PF if we hope to get back to the ECF (or beyond).

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 12:31:51 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Too much ******** here. My point:

1) Morris is an overrated pickup, and a weak fit. Ship him;
2) We need a 4 who can shoot, block a shot, and board.

#2 doesn't grow on trees.

Noah Vonleh can't shoot or block shots, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. The guy averages 9.2 points and 0.8 blocks per 36 after 3 years, and plays half that many minutes.

He takes 75% of his shots from within 10 feet. He's made 23 three pointers in 3 years. Need I go on?

It's not a crazy premise, I just think you're going on scouting reports from college or something.

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 12:32:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
ewwww

Noah Vonleh is not a good NBA player.  Maybe someday, not yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 02:49:31 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Morris is a bigger Jae, which we need right now.  Between him and Smart they can defend 1-5.   I would like to keep him at 5 million a year for two years. 
Diggles

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 06:13:18 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I admire how the opening poster is trying to counter everyone...while all people are contrary to the trade. With impressions and with numbers.

Maybe it's time to accept it is not a good idea and stop going against the rest of the world  :o