Author Topic: Heat willing to sign Wade if he accepts bench role  (Read 1857 times)

Re: Heat willing to sign Wade if he accepts bench role
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wouldn't he rather come off the bench in Cleveland, instead?  His style of play never fit with Lebron, and it certainly won't alongside Rose, but that never stopped him before, lol.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 03:30:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I would like that Wade retires as a Heat member. On the other hand I would like him to team up with LeBron again, just to give them back for the 2011. It would be a simbolic way to enter this new Celtic era.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Wade would work well in Golden State off the bench. Better than Cleveland.

I don't think San Antonio or Houston would be good fits. Spurs already have Ginobili in that role and Houston will have enough problems getting CP3 and Harden to share the ball. OKC could be good for Wade. Let Wade give Westbrook a rest now and then. Allow OKC to go small with P.George at PF. OKC need better wings to do that. Wade would give them that flexibility.

Boston would be a good fit for Wade. Start Smart. Keep Wade on the bench to give those youngsters (Rozier, Jaylen, Tatum) a veteran perimeter player to help organize and stabilize the play. Baynes as the veteran big man. That would be a fun unit. Smart as glue guy for the starters.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd start Wade here if he can keep his 3pt % respectable. With Smart and Brown giving him plenty of rest keeping his minutes under 30 per game should be possible. He would still be an effective starter if managed. Having a guy with his experience would help this team this year. I hope if he is bought out he doesn't settle for a cheap role just for hardware.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
No kidding.

I was hoping the article was about trading for him rather than him being bought out. I don't really see a scenario where he goes to the Heat if bought out. It won't really be about money, at that point (since he will have already received most of it).

I just REALLY hope he doesn't go to Cleveland, but mostly want him to just play out his contract. It's not like he really thought there was a chance he was ever going to compete in Chicago, which makes the opt-in even more ridiculous. It's all about $$$.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he might as well...bench is where he belongs at this point . Old and uncoachable.

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Wade would work well in Golden State off the bench. Better than Cleveland.

I don't think San Antonio or Houston would be good fits. Spurs already have Ginobili in that role and Houston will have enough problems getting CP3 and Harden to share the ball. OKC could be good for Wade. Let Wade give Westbrook a rest now and then. Allow OKC to go small with P.George at PF. OKC need better wings to do that. Wade would give them that flexibility.

Boston would be a good fit for Wade. Start Smart. Keep Wade on the bench to give those youngsters (Rozier, Jaylen, Tatum) a veteran perimeter player to help organize and stabilize the play. Baynes as the veteran big man. That would be a fun unit. Smart as glue guy for the starters.

I might be up for this but I'd rather sign another big man first.  If we are signing 2 guys then yes.  What's nice is there is still good options out there for bigs as well as wings.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »

Online No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
No kidding.

I was hoping the article was about trading for him rather than him being bought out. I don't really see a scenario where he goes to the Heat if bought out. It won't really be about money, at that point (since he will have already received most of it).

I just REALLY hope he doesn't go to Cleveland, but mostly want him to just play out his contract. It's not like he really thought there was a chance he was ever going to compete in Chicago, which makes the opt-in even more ridiculous. It's all about $$$.

You're so right. It's all about the money for Wade. I don't blame him though.

He thought he'd be getting rewarded by the Heat for being a good soldier and taking less than max so many years so they could compete for championships but Riley screwed him. The wink wink deals with the promise for more later was just a rouse. Understandable from Riley's perspective but no other player should ever trust Riley again (not that he's got that much longer in the league himself).

So even if Butler had been traded first Wade still would have opted in. He'd never get $23M on the open market. Or anything close. He always planned on opting in, getting a buyout, and signing elsewhere.

I guarantee he won't take a dollar less than $23M - $4.3M (what the Heat can offer) = ~$19M for the buyout. He wants it all plus the ability to pick his next team.