Author Topic: Melo to Houston will occur within 2 weeks (espn sp). Jabari parker in trade talk  (Read 9691 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Can we all just take a minute to acknowledge and then laugh at the fact that Kyrie got traded before Carmelo...

I mean seriously, we've heard Melo trade rumors for like 2 years now, and then Kyrie says, "I want out" and in less than 2 months gets traded LOL.  :laugh:

We even heard a "Kyrie-for-Carmelo" rumor this past season and lots of people denied it saying that Carmelo is not worth Kyrie (TRUE), but also that Kyrie would stay in Cleveland long term and is not getting traded.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How time flies and how things change daily...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Can we all just take a minute to acknowledge and then laugh at the fact that Kyrie got traded before Carmelo...

I mean seriously, we've heard Melo trade rumors for like 2 years now, and then Kyrie says, "I want out" and in less than 2 months gets traded LOL.  :laugh:

We even heard a "Kyrie-for-Carmelo" rumor this past season and lots of people denied it saying that Carmelo is not worth Kyrie (TRUE), but also that Kyrie would stay in Cleveland long term and is not getting traded.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How time flies and how things change daily...

It's hard to trade a guy with a NTC.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Re: Melo to Houston will occur within 2 weeks (espn sports nation)
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 05:40:01 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
That'd be yet another team with a legit shot of being worse than the Nets.

That's a sunk cost. Another team being worse than the Lakers would actually matter.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

That's a sunk cost. Another team being worse than the Lakers would actually matter.

I know. It's just reassuring that the Nets are not the outright favorites for the title of "worst in the league" this season, given that we traded the pick for Kyrie.

They're still likely bottom-3 when it's all said and done, but Atlanta, Indiana, New York, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, and Sacramento will all likely be right there at the bottom.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Mentioned in the talks means that the Knicks asked for him, odds of them getting him unless they are sending out more than Melo is basically zero.

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 06:01:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I know. It's just reassuring that the Nets are not the outright favorites for the title of "worst in the league" this season, given that we traded the pick for Kyrie.

They're still likely bottom-3 when it's all said and done, but Atlanta, Indiana, New York, Chicago, LA, Phoenix, and Sacramento will all likely be right there at the bottom.
They're in a scrum with the other bottom 5 or 6 teams from what i can see, and the scrum is close enough that variance and random hot shooting nights (or bad ones) could put them out of the top 3 lottery slots. Last year injuries ensured they stayed number one, here is to BKN's health!

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"The one guy"?  :o

Why hasn't it happened if the trade is there. They can't find anyone to eat the bad contract that the Knicks refuse to take on for dropping Melo, that hasn't changed. Portland is willing to eat Anderson but they need someone to eat their own bad contract so it doesn't actually help at all.

You rang?   ;D

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Mentioned in the talks means that the Knicks asked for him, odds of them getting him unless they are sending out more than Melo is basically zero.

That's sports reporting, sadly.

NYK: "How about Jabari"?"

MIL: "Nope".

Reporter: "The Knicks and Bucks discussed Jabari Parker".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Koby: "so uh is brown or Tatum available? We really like th...

Danny: *click*

Koby calls woj: yeah we called about Tatum and he hung up on me

Woj: WOJ BOMB: TATUM IN TRADE TALKS

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

Jabari Parker is out probably until Feb. and coming off of his 2nd ACL tear.  He will be an RFA next summer and I would be scared to death to match or sign him to a 4 year contract.  Milwaukee has been saddled with bad contract after bad contract the last few years and I wouldn't doubt at all that they want to dump him.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Jabari Parker is out probably until Feb. and coming off of his 2nd ACL tear.  He will be an RFA next summer and I would be scared to death to match or sign him to a 4 year contract.  Milwaukee has been saddled with bad contract after bad contract the last few years and I wouldn't doubt at all that they want to dump him.
I agree that parker has become a huge risk. His career is unfortunately a bunch of bad injuries.  Might as well move on

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
What's funny Is cp3, harden, and Carmelo all need the ball in their hands to be their best. I can't think of many other players that need the ball as much as these 3... All ball pounders. It honestly make no sense and feels like a cheap way to sell tickets with big names and not actually contend.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I definitely think Melo will end up in Houston.

But Parker is not going anywhere in a Melo deal.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Milwaukee is listed as the third team in the alleged discussions. Are they going to trade Jabari *and* take back the bad salary required to make a deal work? For what incentive?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Milwaukee is listed as the third team in the alleged discussions. Are they going to trade Jabari *and* take back the bad salary required to make a deal work? For what incentive?
Maybe they are just really nice guys.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva