Author Topic: Vecsey: "Lebron Definitely leaving for LA." Visited LA high schools for his son  (Read 4285 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247424/Vecsey-LeBron-James-Definitively-Leaving-Cavaliers-For-Lakers-In-2018
"I'm publicly terminating the speculation surrounding LeBron James’ playing plans past this season," wrote Vecsey. "For months, many in the media declared or composed presumption the Lakers would be the beneficiaries of his talents when he became a free agent July 1, 2018. I’m eradicating all conjecture and uncertainty! I’m comfortable now in stating unequivocally, LeBron will leave the Cavaliers a second time and join the Lakers, and return the team to LA Lore status."
"James is spending more time in Los Angeles lately and was seen with his wife this past week looking at high schools for their two sons."

Lebron visiting high school for son:

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/LeBron-James-family-check-out-private-high-school-in-LA--107370859

"LeBron James surprised the basketball team at Notre Dame High School in L.A. on Tuesday -- hitting the gym for a training session while his wife checked out the campus ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We're told Bron and Savannah James rolled up to the school in a chauffeured car around 6 PM and walked around campus before a workout on the court.

LeBron owns a home in Brentwood and there's talk he could be checking out various private schools to send his kids -- including 12-year-old Bronny, one of the best hoop prospects in the country."

Lakers-celtics finals rivalry about to return

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 06:51:35 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Fantastic. Villain meets villain.

LAL will have the privilege of paying him max money on a contract where he hits 55,000 NBA minutes and turns 34 years old in his FIRST season.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron will go to LAL just to play under Kobe's shadow.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lebron's kids have been attending private school in LA for more than a year now.

Also, his oldest son is entering 7th grade. Not quite high school.

Other than that you nailed it, Vecsey. Hack.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Lebron's kids have been attending private school in LA for more than a year now.

Also, his oldest son is entering 7th grade. Not quite high school.

Other than that you nailed it, Vecsey. Hack.

I would love nothing else than LAL being really bad and giving us #2 pick while they whiff on all available max FA's next summer (even PG13 says no) :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I would be ecstatic if Lebron left our conference. Turn the west into dog fight for playoffs and let them all beat each other up for right to play  our team for next five years. Sounds good to me plus it would be too much fun adding to Lebron's loss record in the finals and maybe he will quit during one final series when Kyrie takes over  ;D

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Vescey has said tons of things that never happen.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
LeBron would have to be crazy to go to a team that even with him on it, would be no better than the third or fourth best team in the west.

He'd be assuring himself of not being in the finals for at least two more years.

With his ego...I just can't see it happening. Rather than that, he could be trying to put the Cavs in a position to go seriously all-in for another run on a 3 year contract.

When that contract is finished, so will the ownership of the Cavs.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Fantastic. Villain meets villain.

LAL will have the privilege of paying him max money on a contract where he hits 55,000 NBA minutes and turns 34 years old in his FIRST season.

He'll definitely have lost a couple of steps by then. Would love to see him go to the Fakers and not even be able to reach the West finals, what with all the good teams out there.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He should just join the Warriors for the min to guarantee himself another couple of championships.

I have no doubt that Lebron is leaving the Cabs, but I agree with Roy that Vecsey hasn't provided anything earth shattering here.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
What does that imply about Paul George?

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Magic be like

"You can't get me for tampering THIS TIME, NBA!!!" lol

TBH I'd be happy for Magic if he gets LeBron and PG. Celtics-Lakers rivalry is one thing, but I've grown to love and respect Magic over the years due to his relationship with Larry

Those two paved the way for Michael to take over into the 90s. They dominated the 80s with the exception of the Sixers and Pistons.

It will be sweet for LA to return to prominence - especially with LeBron and PG or whomever there.

This will make it even sweeter once we BEAT them - turning that smile into a frown.

Here's hoping that we can see TWO (or more) Lakers greats courtside as the New Look Boston Celtics STILL beat LA - even with this supposed addition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CKbGTlK-FY

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
LeBron would have to be crazy to go to a team that even with him on it, would be no better than the third or fourth best team in the west.

He'd be assuring himself of not being in the finals for at least two more years.

With his ego...I just can't see it happening. Rather than that, he could be trying to put the Cavs in a position to go seriously all-in for another run on a 3 year contract.

When that contract is finished, so will the ownership of the Cavs.

I read somewhere he likes the idea of playing out west because then he doesn't have to soil his Finals record anymore going up agasint the dubs. 

For such a great player, the man sure is afraid to actually compete.   Using his prime years orchestrating all these super teams has gotten him to plenty of Finals, but needing to outsource so many all stars to get him there, to me, limits his legacy.   

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I would be ecstatic if Lebron left our conference. Turn the west into dog fight for playoffs and let them all beat each other up for right to play  our team for next five years.

Seconded. Lebron to the Lakers is the best thing that could happen to the Celtics over the next couple of years, and would leave Boston in great shape to at least make it to the Finals with this new core while they're still firmly in their primes. I hope he does go West.