Poll

Who Do The Celtics Sign With The Minimum To Fill Out Roster?

Andrew Bogut
28 (28.3%)
Lavoy Allen
8 (8.1%)
Tony Allen
4 (4%)
Thomas Robinson
28 (28.3%)
Gerald Green
1 (1%)
Shabazz Muhammad
2 (2%)
Boris Diaw
6 (6.1%)
Tyler Zeller
7 (7.1%)
No One
11 (11.1%)
Other Or Via Trade For Someone Else (Comment Below!)
4 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Poll: Who Will The C's Sign For Last Roster Spot Using The Minimum?  (Read 10245 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
My Guess? Thomas Robinson.

Obviously has some red flags but lets be honest, most of these guys do. He's averaged around 5-6 rebounds for every 15 minutes he plays and is certainly capable of grabbing more boards with more minutes. Hasn't played with a great coach besides Terry Stotts of Portland, and his last two teams were tanking teams with bad-to-mediocre coaches as well (Lakers, Nets).

Could be a bruiser along with Baynes off the bench, and another one of Stevens' reclamation projects. The best part is that he's young (26 y/o) and electric inside the paint. Could be another "chip on his shoulder" kind of guy who can overachieve and help us out in dealing with the likes of Mr. Kardashian and Marcin Gortat among others, especially in playoffs. Also, Robinson had a 28.1% defensive rebounding rate, and the top guy for the C's last season was Kelly Olynyk at 20.1% LOL.

With Zizic now gone to Cleveland, C's need another depth big and Robinson would be a great fit. Normally I'd say Bogut but at this point, he's just very injury prone with glass for legs. A lot more riskier than Robinson now IMHO.

What do you guys think?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Poll: Who Will The C's Sign For Last Roster Spot Using The Minimum?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
there have been a number of these threads.  not sure we really need another.  I voted other, but it was more because I'd personally take a flyer on Chris Bosh, though I don't really think Ainge will. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
there have been a number of these threads.  not sure we really need another.  I voted other, but it was more because I'd personally take a flyer on Chris Bosh, though I don't really think Ainge will.

Oh there has? My bad. I actually haven't been on much the last 3-4 days as I was away on vacation so probably missed a bunch of these  :P

And I just don't think Bosh is an option anymore.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I think our goals better align with Bogut, who after injuries could be looking to ride out his career with multiple short-term contracts, one or two years. If we sign him to a one-year contract and draft a big next season where the prospects are much better and more in line with the timeline of this team.

If healthy, he's a starter quality big that defends the paint and passes well. That flexibility to push Horford to the 4 in spells is invaluable based on potential frontcourt size issues when we match up with bigger teams.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I think our goals better align with Bogut, who after injuries could be looking to ride out his career with multiple short-term contracts, one or two years. If we sign him to a one-year contract and draft a big next season where the prospects are much better and more in line with the timeline of this team.

If healthy, he's a starter quality big that defends the paint and passes well. That flexibility to push Horford to the 4 in spells is invaluable based on potential frontcourt size issues when we match up with bigger teams.

To me it's the injury risk that concerns me the most, but I agree with everything here. Plus, Bogut has the veteran experience and championship experience (like Irving), and that could really help this team too.

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

Well said, I'm for rolling the dice with Bogut too, just keep fingers crossed. If he can stay healthy, he actually moves the needle a bit.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd sign Bogut... to a 10 day contract.  I used to really like him but at this point I think it would be a waste.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 01:34:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bogut

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Bogut would be good but he's made of glass. I think on this list I'd go with Lavoy Allen. He's a good role player that knows what he's supposed to be doing. His game is like Morris' game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r46jOBgaoq4

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Hopefully Robinson. I think he'd be a great end of the bench option for us.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Bogut is absolutely perfect. He checks every box for what the Celtics need with that final roster spot. But his injury concerns are just too much.

Thomas Robinson is the next best candidate I've seen.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm glad a couple others joined in voting "no one".  The flexibility could be helpful to either sign someone or make a trade during the season.  You don't know which is a position-of-need if you don't know who will under-perform or get hurt.

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 03:41:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I voted no one because I think that's what Danny will do, but I have always thought Lavoy Allen was a very good bench player that can give you quality minutes near the end of your rotation. If Ainge signed him I would be happy. Just think he is going to leave his options open.

Who get's Last Roster spot
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I go with Bogut. Sorry for the double post.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:57:32 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 04:24:53 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
tiago splitter if healthly, has had good defensive numbers in the league