Author Topic: Lebron is in decline. Lebron win% by age  (Read 3263 times)

Lebron is in decline. Lebron win% by age
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I think we will get to the nba finals sooner than people think
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:23:51 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Lebron is in decline. Lebron win% by age
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He is, KD made him look old and slow in the Finals. The problem is the GSWs though, not the Cavs. Those guys are not in decline.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
you underestimate the power of steroids.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Or he's realized that he doesn't need to take the regular season seriously, because he makes the Finals (with ease) regardless...
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 11:32:31 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
He is, KD made him look old and slow in the Finals. The problem is the GSWs though, not the Cavs. Those guys are not in decline.

Must have watched different Finals.  The one I saw LBJ averaged 34-12-10 and the games were won by Golden State during the 4 minutes he was off the floor each game. 

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:35:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Must have watched different Finals.  The one I saw LBJ averaged 34-12-10 and the games were won by Golden State during the 4 minutes he was off the floor each game.

I watched the actual games, not the box scores  ;)

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I do think for whatever reason people have a hard time realizing how old Lebron is. Whether it is this year or next there will be a big drop off. The funny thing was we all realized pierce and kg were declining pretty early on

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 12:13:45 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I watched the actual games, not the box scores  ;)

KD played huge, no question about it; I'm fine with him getting the MVP. But he hardly outclassed LBJ. For long stretches, LeBron was the best player on the floor for either team - by the eye test and by the score. Not only did he absolutely carry his team, he did it in all phases of the game - passing, rebounding, scoring, defense - and did it for long stretches. If he looked slow at the end of the game, it's because he was gassed - anybody would be.

Celticsince83 isn't just looking at the box totals. He's comparing what happened when LBJ played to the few minutes each game LeBron sat. I've never seen anything like it - he was just carrying his team. In Game 3, which ended up being a five-point loss, James was a plus-seven in 46 minutes. That means in the two minutes LeBron sat down, the Cavaliers were a minus-12.

(If there's one thing that worries me about Kyrie, this is it: the team fell apart when LeBron sat. Klay Thompson's length really gave KI a lot of trouble -- trouble he did not have, at all, when guarded by Bradley.)

Last point - knock the box score all you want, but LBJ is the first player to average a triple-double in the finals, and he did it with *very* efficient shooting - 56.4% overall, 38.7% from 3. On 30.9% usage!! If that is old and slow, I hope we can make one or two of the Celtics as old and slow, as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:20:09 AM by Sophomore »

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 12:53:47 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I'll believe it when I see it. Dude is still a freak of nature both naturally and unnaturally.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 02:10:13 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I saw that graphic earlier today, and it's a total crap one.

He preserves himself in the regular season, anyone can see that.

He was 12-1 through the East this postseason. His decline is overrated, he's still the scariest guy on the court.

When he comes off, you breath a sigh of relief. That's when you hope to cut into the deficit or extend a lead. If you don't do either, you immediately regret it when he checks back in.

If IT is healthy, they got better with Jae handling the tougher defensive assignments and the both of them knowing Brad's system. What insight is Kyrie going to offer? That we have to stop LeBron? Um, duh. We may (or may not) have gotten better, but so have they.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 03:51:14 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
As much as we would perfer to face a lesser version of LeBron in the playoffs, we will just have to see it to believe it.

I think he is the closest ever to Wilt in terms of physical domininance over his oponents. Like the two of them are in a tier of their own. Imagine, 7'2 Wilt against 6'8 centers in the 60ies and LeBron vs Norman Powells (smaller, but as fast) or Marvin Williams types (as big, but slower) in the 2000s.

I do remember Shaq and his spectacular feats, but I wouldn't put him between those two, due to his disregard for injury prevention, and at times, getting out of shape. Something that could never happen to Wilt (who partied just as Shaq did) or LBJ.

To conclude, the graph is nice, but I have seen LeBron shatter many graphs so far.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 04:10:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
That's because he plays in the weak East, he'd make it to 7 straight NBA Finals appearances.

But this is where it ends. He will get bounced in the Eastern Conference Finals this season by the Celtics.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
As much as we would perfer to face a lesser version of LeBron in the playoffs, we will just have to see it to believe it.

I think he is the closest ever to Wilt in terms of physical domininance over his oponents. Like the two of them are in a tier of their own. Imagine, 7'2 Wilt against 6'8 centers in the 60ies and LeBron vs Norman Powells (smaller, but as fast) or Marvin Williams types (as big, but slower) in the 2000s.

I do remember Shaq and his spectacular feats, but I wouldn't put him between those two, due to his disregard for injury prevention, and at times, getting out of shape. Something that could never happen to Wilt (who partied just as Shaq did) or LBJ.

To conclude, the graph is nice, but I have seen LeBron shatter many graphs so far.
Are you even a Celtics fan? Read up on the great centers of the 60s, you've got Walt Bellamy, Bob Pettit, Bill Russell and many more guys who were physical freaks in their own right.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 05:53:06 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
We didn't expect KG to drop off from age 32 to 33 but he did.

My thoight process is this...the greats who dont encounter season ending injuries after age 33 may still perform at a high level..however no greats have come back the way they useto be after a major injury after age 33...so once Lefreak encounters an injury that will affect his speed and athleticism then he wont ever sniff the Finals ever again regardless if he stays in the East.

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 06:28:52 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Are you even a Celtics fan? Read up on the great centers of the 60s, you've got Walt Bellamy, Bob Pettit, Bill Russell and many more guys who were physical freaks in their own right.
IMO, none of them and including todays 7 footers come close to Wilt athleticaly. That has nothing to do with me being a Celtic fan.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."