Author Topic: I.T gettin' savage on social media  (Read 5633 times)

Re: I.T gettin' savage on social media
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I no longer care what IT thinks or says, he doesn't play for the C's. He's now the enemy, so I have to root against him.  And while I certainly appreciate everything he did while he was here, he didn't win any championships, so I'm not that attached to him.

So, good luck to him, but I suspect he is now on the downside of his career and will likely never be as good as he was this past season. His injury has probably unfortunately ruined his career.

TP. It is amazing how much people are romanticizing IT's short tenure here. Like, he's seemingly held in the same light as PP and KG to many people here, which just blows my mind, especially because this romanticizing completely ignores the fact that he had significant flaws in his game.

Hopefully the season starting will move people away from the past and toward our brighter present and future.

This. He was amazing, yes. And inspirational. And charismatic. I rooted for him and he was a joy to watch. But wow, after 2.5 years, people are likening him to KG? Should we retire #4 to the rafters?

- LilRip

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 01:17:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I no longer care what IT thinks or says, he doesn't play for the C's. He's now the enemy, so I have to root against him.  And while I certainly appreciate everything he did while he was here, he didn't win any championships, so I'm not that attached to him.

So, good luck to him, but I suspect he is now on the downside of his career and will likely never be as good as he was this past season. His injury has probably unfortunately ruined his career.

TP. It is amazing how much people are romanticizing IT's short tenure here. Like, he's seemingly held in the same light as PP and KG to many people here, which just blows my mind, especially because this romanticizing completely ignores the fact that he had significant flaws in his game.

Hopefully the season starting will move people away from the past and toward our brighter present and future.

Look, I love what IT did in his short run here, and his personal battles he faced this past post-season certainly helped endear him more to me. And I really do wish him the best going forward (just not against Boston).

But for me he's somewhere below Rondo and above Antoine in the pantheon of Celtics. His time was short and there were no championship banners. And yes, while he did help put the Celtics back on the map, so did Antoine Walker. And neither did to the level of Pierce, KG, Ray, or Rondo. I guess I personally look at Thomas more favorable than Ray, but in terms of actual achievement, what Ray did here blows what IT accomplished out of the water.

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I miss that guy.

Me too. As excited as I am about Kyrie, IT achieved a Pierce-like stature for me.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 85
I love Kyrie, but I hope he's ready for the upcoming season.

He will get somewhat of a break on Oct 17, but IT "WILL" come back - and he'll see blood in the water when he plays BOS.

His competitiveness is KG-Like.

Kyrie had best to try and jump on him quick if he believes he's better than IT.

And KG, despite all his competitive spirit, was never the same after his knee injury.

Ah - but KG ain't IT. We don't know how IT will respond to his treatment.

I'm hoping the absolute BEST for Isaiah Thomas.

I'm not forgetting what he did for BOS - unlike many turncoats here.

Quote the turncoats.

Exactly, he's no KG.

Isaiah was great. He had a great, but brief run. However, anyone that thinks he's going to be the same player is in for a rude awakening. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I always thought Rondo would end up a journeyman and this injury could lead to a similar fate. To the Cavs he was an afterthought, so that tells you all you need to know about the likelihood of them giving him big money. He'll probably be playing somewhere else next season.

Playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle on that team won't help either. 

Taking turns going ISO instead of Brad bending the entire offense around him is going to make him look a lot more like Mo Williams than the 'King of the 4th' that we remember.

No truer thing has ever been said. TP to you, sir.

And perhaps an "IT4-Hayward-Horford" Big Three could've made the offense just as interesting?

Oh wait.....................................

LOOK - I get that IT4 wouldn't have been available at the start of the season. We would've had a bit of uncertainty.

But let's not spin the false narrative that an IT4-Hayward-Big Al offense wouldn't have been special and potent.

You must be replying to the wrong post because I was confirming the belief that IT will not do as well playing spot up shooter in the Lebron ISO ball style offense.

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I miss that guy.

IT achieved a Pierce-like stature for me.

The prisoner of the moment spell will soon wear off.

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So witty. Is it high school again yet?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

Hypothetical, here -

Let's say that BOS cruises along this season and wins 60 games. Everyone stays healthy. CLE wins 50-55 and either doesn't get IT back (I doubt this scenario), OR gets him back and he's productive.

We meet CLE in the ECF, but loses to them AGAIN but THIS TIME we lose 4-2 vice 4-1. This is quite possible.

What's to say that Kyrie isn't happy seeing IT4 (and LeBron) go BACK to the Finals and THEN we're stuck with HIM potentially leaving us AFTER next season? Danny will be sent SCRAMBLING....

There is NO guarantee that Kyrie is re-upping in BOS - even though I'd love for him to. Next season is HUGE for us, but precarious in that we STILL don't have an answer for LeBron James....

TT has played well vs Big Al. I hope that MM and Baynes helps to negate this but we'll see.

In other words IT4's Tenure here may not be the ONLY short tenure........there's no guarantees here and Danny is taking calculated risks.

It's already been reported that there's significant confidence that Kyrie will resign, and as stingy as Danny is, I don't think he would've given up that Brooklyn pick unless he was pretty confident that they would resign him.

Of course it's not absolutely guaranteed that he'll resign, but I'm not too worried about it. Kyrie is young enough and good enough that he's going to get the max no matter what, so that fifth year that we can offer him will be pretty attractive, along with the fact that we're built to compete both now and in the future.

I just hope people will be able to enjoy Kyrie and put aside their preconceived notions about him, along with get past the IT things (which I think will happen when the season starts).

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Hypothetical, here -

Let's say that BOS cruises along this season and wins 60 games. Everyone stays healthy. CLE wins 50-55 and either doesn't get IT back (I doubt this scenario), OR gets him back and he's productive.

We meet CLE in the ECF, but loses to them AGAIN but THIS TIME we lose 4-2 vice 4-1. This is quite possible.

What's to say that Kyrie isn't happy seeing IT4 (and LeBron) go BACK to the Finals and THEN we're stuck with HIM potentially leaving us AFTER next season? Danny will be sent SCRAMBLING....

There is NO guarantee that Kyrie is re-upping in BOS - even though I'd love for him to. Next season is HUGE for us, but precarious in that we STILL don't have an answer for LeBron James....

TT has played well vs Big Al. I hope that MM and Baynes helps to negate this but we'll see.

In other words IT4's Tenure here may not be the ONLY short tenure........there's no guarantees here and Danny is taking calculated risks.

It's already been reported that there's significant confidence that Kyrie will resign, and as stingy as Danny is, I don't think he would've given up that Brooklyn pick unless he was pretty confident that they would resign him.

Of course it's not absolutely guaranteed that he'll resign, but I'm not too worried about it. Kyrie is young enough and good enough that he's going to get the max no matter what, so that fifth year that we can offer him will be pretty attractive, along with the fact that we're built to compete both now and in the future.

I just hope people will be able to enjoy Kyrie and put aside their preconceived notions about him, along with get past the IT things (which I think will happen when the season starts).

There were a lot of moves that DA DIDN'T make last season, Cousins,Butler,PG13, because he wanted to save cap for Hayward. There was no guarantee that Hayward was going to sign here. But some times you roll the dice.

Remember all the IT wanting to go to LA talk after the PG13 wanting to go to LA talk and a TON of people wanted DA to trade IT and make sure we got something for him. But now people thinks IT would have been automatic. I mean there was a good shot, but nothing is certain.

And if Irving likes playing here, and playing for an actual coach, it's a good chance we resing him.