Author Topic: Spencer Hawes waived  (Read 6356 times)

Re: Spencer Hawes waived
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 10:57:43 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Don't know why but I feel like I would sign Spencer Hawes right now on vet minimum and evaluate if he can adapt to our playing style, not be a liability defensively and provide reliable 3pt accuracy from the 5 position with some play making skills consistently off the bench...
If it doesn't work I cut him around the trade deadline or use him as salary filler...
We are down 2 roster spots, might as well use at least one until we know who is available in february...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:38:50 AM by drogbagarnett »

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I would much rather play Theis.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Leon Powe would still help. Does anyone has his phone number?

well seeing that he works for the Celtics I think they have his # still lol

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Not a bad option but wait and see with Morris coming back and see what happens during trade deadline
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
This!
Hawes as a defender would hurt our team even in limited minutes.  He'll catch on with a team but Theis offers more and can only improve from here out.  Hawes can only age more......

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
Me too!
But would much rathet have Hawes knocking down a 3 when main players are resting or out than an empty roster spot!!!

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
This!
Hawes as a defender would hurt our team even in limited minutes.  He'll catch on with a team but Theis offers more and can only improve from here out.  Hawes can only age more......

Guys I'm talking about an end of the bench vet insurance at the minimum to fill an EMPTY roster spot at least until trade deadline when we could cut him if a better option us available... not talking about replacing Theis with him!

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Danny told us before the season that he wants the kids to play, if CBS had vets he would play them over the kids. Let theis get minutes and if he goes down it's time to let Yabu sink or swim. Who do you think CBS will play Yabu or Hawes? Yes hawes is better but it's not like other teams want him so it's not like he's good, you might as well see what you have in yabu, who had room to grow, let our assets bloom. It's different from this season on, we aren't going to have any money in the future and we're on our last really valuable pick (unless we start losing in the future), we need some of the kids to figure it out.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
Danny told us before the season that he wants the kids to play, if CBS had vets he would play them over the kids. Let theis get minutes and if he goes down it's time to let Yabu sink or swim. Who do you think CBS will play Yabu or Hawes? Yes hawes is better but it's not like other teams want him so it's not like he's good, you might as well see what you have in yabu, who had room to grow, let our assets bloom. It's different from this season on, we aren't going to have any money in the future and we're on our last really valuable pick (unless we start losing in the future), we need some of the kids to figure it out.

Ok I give up guys!!

I guess having Gerald green as a vet min insurance to jaylrn Brown last year prevented Brown to develop and green didn't help in the playoff...

So lets keep empty seats on our bench for the whole year so no rookie feels threatened... Jeez!!

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 03:42:28 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I get what you're saying drog but I think that when you weigh that insurance big against the benefits of keeping the roster spot open it's an easy choice.

We are about $6m shy of the luxury tax and I presume ownership would like to stay out of it this year if possible as we will be in it for the foreseeable future. At the same time we will be on the lookout for a trade to take us to another level (AD for example). That kind of trade will push us right to the limit with the tax so every penny matters. We may also need the roster spot to make the trade work so you don't want to be cutting a guy and making dead cap for no reason.

If we need insurance we can call up a guy from Maine on a 10 day contract. I don't see us going further than that til past the trade deadline

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 03:59:07 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Ok I give up guys!!

I guess having Gerald green as a vet min insurance to jaylrn Brown last year prevented Brown to develop and green didn't help in the playoff...

So lets keep empty seats on our bench for the whole year so no rookie feels threatened... Jeez!!

it doesn't matter how snarky you get, DA is the actual GM.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 04:17:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
This!

Guys I'm talking about an end of the bench vet insurance at the minimum to fill an EMPTY roster spot at least until the trade deadline when we could cut him if a better option us available... not talking about replacing Theis with him!
We can do better with the last roster spot, just by waiting. The 3rd backup center is not a pressing matter, and the buyout market will offer better players.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."