Author Topic: Can the Ball children be saved from their father?  (Read 16696 times)

Re: Can the Ball children be saved from their father?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lonzo is looking awful, LiAngelo had the whole China thievery scandal, and LaMelo might not even go to college lol.

Or high school, right? I mean, he is currently being homeschooled and it doesn't look like he is heading back to Chino Hills any time soon.

It will be interesting to see what team the Ball brothers go play for and how much of a travel bill Lavar racks up going back and forth between Europe/Japan/wherever and LA. It would have been a lot easier if those kids just went to UCLA.

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 01:51:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Lonzo is looking awful, LiAngelo had the whole China thievery scandal, and LaMelo might not even go to college lol.

Or high school, right? I mean, he is currently being homeschooled and it doesn't look like he is heading back to Chino Hills any time soon.

It will be interesting to see what team the Ball brothers go play for and how much of a travel bill Lavar racks up going back and forth between Europe/Japan/wherever and LA. It would have been a lot easier if those kids just went to UCLA.

The thing that doesn’t get talked about much is that the Balls’ mom/Lavar’s wife had a stroke earlier this year.  Five months later she still barely able to talk, don’t know how she’s doing at this point — I wonder what impact that has had on some of their behavior recently.  I don’t know, maybe she was just as crazy as the rest of them, but it’s possble that family lost it’s moderating voice.

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
LaVar is playing the long game. He's crazy like a Kardashian or a Paris Hilton. Eight years from now, his kids may or may not be in the NBA, but he's going to be lighting it up on reality shows while the rest of us sit around thinking, "Hmm, can you remind me how he became famous?"

Mike

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 02:37:10 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Do they want to be saved? Am I the only one who thinks that their father is a smart guy who knows their limitations and creates all the noise to help their stock???????? He knows that his first son cannot shoot his second is not for the nba and the third is for streetball not the league.... magic will regret his choice soon

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 02:40:12 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
And one more thing ... if ainge thought ball was good he would pick him and trade him... he did not pick I'm because there was a possibility to stuck with him

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I don't think any of us are in position to evaluate him as a father.  We have no idea, and it's sily to judge a person's parenting ability based on whether his kids play bball for UCLA.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horribl

I think he is much worse than you suggest, that is a sugar coating if I have ever seen it.   Yes, he promotes his children but he also puts a ton of pressure on them, too.  Good or bad he is kind of entertaining.

He seems to be a pretty admirable dad from everything I've seen.

And he could have beat Jordan in his prime, don't forget that JK

https://youtu.be/os2Iz8I50IA

LaVar has raised his kids the right way and has been in their lives. He's trolling the whole world reality TV style and you all are eating it up. Whenever he talks about beating Jordan, he's CLEARLY TROLLING...he's laughing, he's talking smack to get attention. This is nothing new, he's capitalizing off of it and I salute him for it. He's hurting no one.

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horribl

I think he is much worse than you suggest, that is a sugar coating if I have ever seen it.   Yes, he promotes his children but he also puts a ton of pressure on them, too.  Good or bad he is kind of entertaining.

LaVar has raised his kids the right way and has been in their lives. He's trolling the whole world reality TV style and you all are eating it up. Whenever he talks about beating Jordan, he's CLEARLY TROLLING...he's laughing, he's talking smack to get attention. This is nothing new, he's capitalizing off of it and I salute him for it. He's hurting no one.
Why salute ? Just to make few millions on his sons back? His son is going to make money without his dad’s help.

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:16 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32

Why salute ? Just to make few millions on his sons back? His son is going to make money without his dad’s help.

He raised the kid...he's entitled to whatever is coming to him. He put food in his stomach and trained him.

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

He's hurting no one? He just pulled his kids out of a world class university, that realistically should never have been there in the first place.  And now he can't get them a gig on a 2nd rate Lithuanian team.  Seriously. Panevyzs Lithuania. Ever been there?  Population 94K. 5th biggest city in Lithuania. It's smaller than the 307th biggest city in America.

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/kareem-abdul-jabbar-rips-lavar-ball’s-‘misguided-parenting’-‘it’s-all-about-him’/ar-BBGbspT?ocid=ob-fb-enus-894

Listen to Kareem!

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2017, 07:16:47 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208
It looks like the Ball Boys will be playing in front of less than 1,700 people in a small town in Lithuania...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21741604/liangelo-lamelo-ball-serious-talks-lithuanian-basketball-club
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ok. Let's see what eja can immediately tell you about this.

Vytautas.....Grand Duke...basically the father of Lithuania. The team is named after Lietuva's George Washington character.  Defended the country from the Teutonic knights (basically of Germany/Prussia). I think may have Christianized that country.

Lietuva (as they call themselves). Size of West Virginia and Rhode Island combined.

The language....one of the oldest unchanged languages in the world. Not slavic. Not romance. Baltic. Totally learnable if you put in the effort, but it will throw you off.

Cooking there is basically a thousand ways to make a potato. The winters are pretty harsh leading to a love of fresh foods/vegetables. Almost no American chains whatsoever, and almost certainly not in the town they are in.

Women.....some of the most gorgeous in the world. Way more so than LA. Very charming. Then you marry them and they take over.

Alcohol. They need to start working on their tolerance asap. Due to the climate it's a beer/vodka place.

Culture....with the possible exception of American basketball players it is well within the realm of possibility every Lithuanian in that town has never seen a black person in their entire lives.

Basically LaVarr has managed to steer his boys to a team worse than any D League team and any team in D1. I mean maaayybbbee a bad team in whatever division Farleigh Dickinson is in could maybe be worse than this team. Maybe.

Ok. They'll be in the town of Birstonas.  Nice place to live really. Not far from Lietuva's 2nd biggest city Kaunas, well known as the most Lithuanian of Lithuanian cities as their capital Vilnius was quite Polishized at one point. Kaunus is a huge university town, so assuming the boys learn their Lithuanian (Taip! Ira ka ira!)  they could go shopping there and enjoy a nice time. The two pizza places I recommend are Cili pica and Charlie Pizza (named after Charlie Chaplin ...I kid you not). I recommend the ham and hollandaise sauce pizza and the Utenos beer.  Some of the younger crowd in this town will speak some English.

I am certain the value of their UCLA scholarships exceeded (possibly by quite a bit) the value of their new Lithuanian minor league contracts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:10:09 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2017, 08:10:18 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I originally skipped this topic as anything to do w/ ball the dad makes me want to puke.  Just was on espn and read both younger boys are going to be sight seeing in the baltics.
Wow.  It's bad enough neither boy would have their own opinion on where they want to play, add in another brother who should have an opinion now that he's been in nba for a bit.
Funny line is dad saying all three boys will play for lakers.  Think magic wants all 3?

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ca you imagine if a guy had a kid playing quarterback at Notre Dame and a 16 year old pledged to Notre Dame...and then one day the father comes in and says "Oh no....you're not going to Notre Dame to play quarterback. You're not getting a diploma from them. You're not even getting a high school diploma.  Your brother was just arrested in China and as a result you're going to play for the Dinos of the Mexican pro league Liga de Futbol Americano Profesional in Saltilo in the state of Coahuila.  You'll play for almost nothing in front of 7000 fans. Your coach will be Carlos Cabral."

That is what LaVar Ball has done to his kids. He has single handedly destroyed their careers.

Both of those boys should have run at warp speed to UCLA, begged forgiveness, and said "I'll do whatever you want. Please help me become an emancipated minor. Please please please. The man is insane. I am begging you Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."