Author Topic: Can the Ball children be saved from their father?  (Read 16694 times)

Re: Can the Ball children be saved from their father?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 07:39:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hes a loud obnoxious **** but by all accounts a great father.

Hes sending 3 boys to UCLA and one of his children is a millionaire at age 22. Lonzo is also by all accounts a very humble and likeable kid.

Hate the dad all you want, but dont say the kids need to be saved from him. Hes a great father.
Well one of them certainly won't be going to UCLA now

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:01 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
You guys sure know how to demonize and slight everything someone does once you decide you don't like them.

He seems to be a pretty admirable dad from everything I've seen.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 08:10:42 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horrible  ;)

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horribl

I think he is much worse than you suggest, that is a sugar coating if I have ever seen it.   Yes, he promotes his children but he also puts a ton of pressure on them, too.  Good or bad he is kind of entertaining.

And he could have beat Jordan in his prime, don't forget that JK

https://youtu.be/os2Iz8I50IA

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Lavar Ball reminds me SO MUCH of folks I talk to / listen to at the Barbershop over the years.

Harmless, intelligent, boisterous at times and FUNNY.

I've read enough of Lavar to know that while his methods seem a bit unorthodox at times he loves his family and is protective of them.

Not worried about Lavar at all. BUT I am concerned about Lonzo - we're going to have our hands FULL with him for the next 10-15 years.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horribl

I think he is much worse than you suggest, that is a sugar coating if I have ever seen it.   Yes, he promotes his children but he also puts a ton of pressure on them, too.  Good or bad he is kind of entertaining.

His children are thriving.

Maybe we should ask our own Jaylen what he thinks about
pressure. 😉

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 08:58:34 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
yeah he's a good father and he raised good kids and he's proud of them and boasts about it how horrible  ;)
In between exploiting them

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have exclusive video of LaVar Ball showing up to pick up his kid from UCLA and some Celtics Bloggers reactions to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hEZE3mFrzw

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

His children are thriving.

Maybe we should ask our own Jaylen what he thinks about
pressure. 😉
In what world are the Ball children thriving?

Lonzo is looking awful, LiAngelo had the whole China thievery scandal, and LaMelo might not even go to college lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Who do the Lakers lose to next?

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Lithuanian teams are trolling the Balls now.

"Among the overseas professional clubs that a representative for the Ball family approached about signing 19-year-old LiAngelo and his 16-year-old brother LaMelo is Lietkabelis of the Lithuanian Basketball League, general manager Mantas Ignatavičius confirmed Tuesday to Yahoo Sports. Lietkabelis coach Arturs Stalbergs subsequently scoffed at the idea in a since-deleted tweet that poked fun at LiAngelo’s shoplifting arrest in China last month.

“We have an opening at the security staff since they have an experience in this field,” Stalbergs wrote."

He's suuuuuccchhh a good faaathhheerr

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Lithuanian teams are trolling the Balls now.

"Among the overseas professional clubs that a representative for the Ball family approached about signing 19-year-old LiAngelo and his 16-year-old brother LaMelo is Lietkabelis of the Lithuanian Basketball League, general manager Mantas Ignatavičius confirmed Tuesday to Yahoo Sports. Lietkabelis coach Arturs Stalbergs subsequently scoffed at the idea in a since-deleted tweet that poked fun at LiAngelo’s shoplifting arrest in China last month.

“We have an opening at the security staff since they have an experience in this field,” Stalbergs wrote."

He's suuuuuccchhh a good faaathhheerr
ouch!!!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:22 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

He is ruining their lives in ways and making their lives about him.  Not to be applauded at all.  Being controlling and running your children's lives (mostly to their detriment so far) as they become men is not commendable or good parenting.

Just because one has gotten to the NBA doesn't make him anything of a good parent.  LeBron's dad must be a great guy if that's the case.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
a mild update....neither of the "L"s are walking through UCLA's door. no "jelo ball" for UCLA!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-la...s-play-professionally-overseas-030107550.html

LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have started to explore options to sign internationally, sources told Yahoo Sports.

LiAngelo Ball and UCLA parted ways officially on Monday, which marked the start of his preparation for his professional basketball career. Harrison Gaines, the representative for LaMelo, 16, and LiAngelo, 19, started initial contact with overseas teams this week, sources told Yahoo Sports.

For LaMelo and LiAngelo, the decision to turn pro means the end of their prospective collegiate careers. LaMelo Ball had previously committed to UCLA.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
well, things are peachy in LA it seems.

LaVar Ball said his oldest son, Los Angeles Lakers rookie point guard Lonzo Ball, is "disgusted" with how the team has been playing. And the outspoken father blamed the Lakers' recent struggles on how the coaching staff has been utilizing his son.

"The Lakers should build around Lonzo," LaVar Ball said. "Why are they sitting him down and not starting him the fourth quarter? This is why the record is raggedy."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...f-not-using-lonzo-ball-effectively/926297001/
- Vandana Shiva