Author Topic: Don't Negotiate with Koby Altman  (Read 1875 times)

Don't Negotiate with Koby Altman
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:06:54 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
How can anyone trust this guy? IT and Kyrie are very similar. Why would we have done the trade - giving up so much - if IT was fully health? For five inches of Kyrie? Given what Isaiah has meant to our city?

It is just implausible, in my mind, that the Cavs were not aware, for the most part, that IT had a hip injury.

I think this is a total bad faith move by Koby Altman to try and steal some extra compensation from the Celtics. Be forewarned, ye NBA general managers who would deal with him in the future. Just goes to show that Cleveland is a toilet organization. If you're going to try a trick like this - don't let it leak out.

Re: Don't Negotiate with Koby Altman
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I agree-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. for an organization

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:36:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Was thinking about this today.

I'm starting to believe, though, that maybe Dan Gilbert is pushing a rookie GM to do his dirty work...

I'm not ready to put full blame on Koby just yet.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think we should all do ourselves a favor and forget the name, Koby Altman. Unless his methods take the NBA by storm, he will be a footnote in history in the not so distant future.

His first task is to rebuild a team of overpaid veterans that is going to lose the best player of our generation. If he can pull off what Ainge has, I will give him a mulligan (like the Raef/Antoine deal with DA), but the dude has a lot to prove and he isn't making himself any friends out there with other gms.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 09:49:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
How can anyone trust this guy? IT and Kyrie are very similar. Why would we have done the trade - giving up so much - if IT was fully health? For five inches of Kyrie? Given what Isaiah has meant to our city?

It is just implausible, in my mind, that the Cavs were not aware, for the most part, that IT had a hip injury.

I think this is a total bad faith move by Koby Altman to try and steal some extra compensation from the Celtics. Be forewarned, ye NBA general managers who would deal with him in the future. Just goes to show that Cleveland is a toilet organization. If you're going to try a trick like this - don't let it leak out.

I like the phrase "5 inches of kyrie"

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
a bunch of nonsense in this thread. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip