Author Topic: Antifa attacks prayer rally  (Read 661 times)

Antifa attacks prayer rally
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWmzGoQzgU&app=deskt

These scum need to be dealt with. Normal human beings aren't going to take this much longer .....

Re: Antifa attacks prayer rally
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 939
As  I said they are not much better than who they claim they are against.   It's a cool name but it is clear their purpose is violence.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:19:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27977
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
One of the Washington Post's headlines today: "Black-clad antifa members attack peaceful right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley".

Good for them for not sugar-coating it.  No more protecting those who use violence to achieve their goals.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 278
Police need to not be scared to use the necessary force against these rioting anarchists. Peoples live are in danger around these people

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2406
The police and the legal system should make examples of them. This type of behavior from any group has to be strictly and swiftly dealt with.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:26:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1479
  • bammokja
they were fighting, and will continue to fight, against neo-nazis and white nationanlists. from what i saw and read, it was not a prayer rally for peace or justice or the like. perhaps i am wrong.

is violence ever called for? that seems to be the underlying question here.

the long standing assumption of most americans is that if people talk and understand one another, cooperation and compromise follow. but reality seems to be at odds with this.

as one example, the israel government and the palestinians understand one another very well. and as a result they shoot each other, with the israelis doing their killing with much more sophisticated and organized weapons and systems.

but back to the deeper question being raised here. is violence ever called for? gandhi's answer we know, as well as the power of the alternative he proposed.

so, rather than open a thread predicated upon calling a group scum or the like, perhaps we can elevate the discourse and ask some other questions?

it is all right to fight, even with violence, for a set of values or beliefs? if so, when, why, and how does any such group prevent itself from becoming the very thing it loathes and opposed?

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy ó not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
they were fighting, and will continue to fight, against neo-nazis and white nationanlists. from what i saw and read, it was not a prayer rally for peace or justice or the like. perhaps i am wrong.

is violence ever called for? that seems to be the underlying question here.

the long standing assumption of most americans is that if people talk and understand one another, cooperation and compromise follow. but reality seems to be at odds with this.

as one example, the israel government and the palestinians understand one another very well. and as a result they shoot each other, with the israelis doing their killing with much more sophisticated and organized weapons and systems.

but back to the deeper question being raised here. is violence ever called for? gandhi's answer we know, as well as the power of the alternative he proposed.

so, rather than open a thread predicated upon calling a group scum or the like, perhaps we can elevate the discourse and ask some other questions?

it is all right to fight, even with violence, for a set of values or beliefs? if so, when, why, and how does any such group prevent itself from becoming the very thing it loathes and opposed?
they were fighting against anyone wearing a trump t shirt or hat. That's what I saw during a youtube live stream.

Btw how does one fight against neo Nazis? How does one identify neo nazis? They don't wear a uniform. If violence is condoned against neo nazis, then we would just have pure anarchy in the U.S.
Violence is not justified just because you disagree with someone's opinion, no matter how hateful it is.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 100
  • Forever LIT
It really bugs me how groups continue to do this. A lot of the "Neo-Nazi's" and "White Supremacists" stand for divisive ideologies but can always play victim when there's some type of violence waged against them. That's the one crutch they'll continue to hold onto, and people insist on giving them this ammo. All it does is solidify their prejudice.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
It really bugs me how groups continue to do this. A lot of the "Neo-Nazi's" and "White Supremacists" stand for divisive ideologies but can always play victim when there's some type of violence waged against them. That's the one crutch they'll continue to hold onto, and people insist on giving them this ammo. All it does is solidify their prejudice.
as if they're the only group with prejudice.  Look up Sharia Law

Waging violent war against groups with prejudice isn't the answer unless you go against all of them

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 07:54:39 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 70
I have been on record supporting counter-protestors at many of these rallies and I stand by that.  I fully believe in standing your ground in the face of racism and hate.  I do not even mind countering violence with violence.  I think that the vast majority of these counter-protestors are good people, doing a good thing in the proper fashion.  That all being said, any of the counter-protestors who who are out attacking people should be arrested and punished no ands ifs or buts about it.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 50
  • Gimme a break!

Nobody told me there would be days like these.  Ainge days indeed.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27977
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
https://townhall.com/columnists/jackkerwick/2017/09/05/antifa-officially-an-antiamerican-terrorist-organization-n2377185

What do you guys think of this?

I think it's a horrible article that buries the lead: antifa's actions were classified as domestic terrorism under Obama. A lot of the rest of that article is garbage, though.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1155
as if they're the only group with prejudice.  Look up Sharia Law

Waging violent war against groups with prejudice isn't the answer unless you go against all of them
Sure. Where is the "introduce Sharia law now" rally that we should picket?... yes, I thought so.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 47
I love this thread, I was afraid that Antifa would not be exposed. With the main street media covering up the fact that they are a dangerous group. Thanks to the OP for the start of this thread. Antifa stifles different views on college campus, they shut down legitimate rallies.  The left and main street media uses Antifa to stop the Trump and conservative movement. The left would benefit by not endorsing them.

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWmzGoQzgU&app=deskt]

These scum need to be dealt with.

Did you use similar language to describe the protesters in Charlottesville who were marching in white hoods with torches and assault rifles?  If you did, kudos

Normal human beings aren't going to take this much longer .....

Sounds like you are suggesting violence.

I don't know the facts on this event but it sounds like AntiFa was out of line and should be condemned.  No "but KKK", no "but Neo-Nazis", just condemned period.

I have my doubt thats a prayer group brought out a AntiFa counter protest though.  What exactly was the prayer group praying for?

At any rate, AntiFa needs to tone things down or they will defeat their purpose.