Author Topic: Crowder practicing in Cavs gear, cavs tweet about IT/Crowder  (Read 2175 times)

Crowder practicing in Cavs gear, cavs tweet about IT/Crowder
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:09:56 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:57:36 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Crowder practicing in Cavs gear, cavs tweet about IT/Crowder
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Well...this would be an ugly reunion if he has to come back to Boston. He didn't want to be there anyway with Hayward coming in.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
if this was really today, then the Cavs are just grandstanding in hopes for more assets.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:36 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
just curious, but how do you know that this is due to the cavs' grandstanding? if there is a source please share it. thanks.

also, how does this help the cavs get more assets? are you arguing that ainge will see this pix and suddenly feel pressure to cave in to their demands?

isnt this also saying that crowder is a cav, therefore the deal is going through? i mean, what does the pix do aside from threaten to make crowder a cav?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:45:30 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 299
I assume the picture of Jae is just him doing a private workout, and is not associated with anything involving the Cavaliers (not at their practice facility).

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
if this was really today, then the Cavs are just grandstanding in hopes for more assets.

Agreed but correction  to myself- it was yesterday https://twitter.com/GTMBB/status/902177992163696643

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Who posted this? Cavs jus trolling now so we have to give up something this is beyond a sticky situation
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
This is Jae saying "You hurt my feelings and I don't want to be a Celtic anymore."

It will have zero impact on the negotiations, which are presumably being handled by adults.

Edit: now I'm not so sure. The link takes you to the Cavs feed, but I don't see the tweet. ?????

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 11:51:27 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
There was just a report that as of Sunday afternoon the Cavs hadn't contacted the C's about additional compensation. Are they going to wait till the deadline?

Or is this an owner driven issue that the front office is trying to figure out internally, speculation on my part.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
This is Jae saying "You hurt my feelings and I don't want to be a Celtic anymore."

It will have zero impact on the negotiations, which are presumably being handled by adults.

Lol

I do think this kind of stuff reinforces the idea that this trade will eventually get done, though.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Today

14 hrs ago: https://twitter.com/cavs/status/901962112792125440
It's not that different from the pics the Celts are tweeting of Irving in a Celts uniform.

Both teams are talking up the players they've gotten in the trade.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 12:01:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Lol

I do think this kind of stuff reinforces the idea that this trade will eventually get done, though.
Yeah I am wondering if Gilbert threw a fit after hearing how long IT might be out, thus starting the process of wanting more from the C's.

I'd say this would make teams hesistant, but owners spiking deals is just a fact of life. Cleveland/Denver thought their Pacers three team trade was done for example.

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 12:04:43 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
that's awkward "hey Crowder - re-pack your bags, you're going back to Boston"

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 12:10:16 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Edit: now I'm not so sure. The link takes you to the Cavs feed, but I don't see the tweet. ?????

TP.
I, for one, will not miss this man-child aspect of his game.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Just more trying to bully the Celtics into coughing up more because "we've come too far".

Gag me. Never liked Crowder's whiny butt anyway