Author Topic: Reflecting on Brandon Roy's career  (Read 563 times)

Reflecting on Brandon Roy's career
« on: August 27, 2017, 06:02:44 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Roy was never necessarily what you would consider a freak athlete, but he methodically terrorized his opponents with one of the smoothest, most complete skill sets in basketball. As crafty as they come with the ball, Roy broke down any defense you could throw at him and almost looked as though he was attacking seems in slow motion.

He found a way to remain a step ahead of opponents, even when the competition had a step on Roy from a physical standpoint. As a rookie in the NBA, you could see that he had the complete package pretty quickly. Always aggressive to make plays, Roy had quality size for a guard at 6’6″ and he sported the ball skills to make a lot of different things happen on the court. He was one of the best isolation players in the game, he could run pick and roll, he could give you minutes at the point as a willing playmaker with excellent court vision, he had floaters in the lane and could post up, he could shoot the ball from long distance and he was able to knock down shots off-balance with a hand in his face. Roy’s mid-range game was lethal with his ability to hurt you in a variety of ways as he could shoot off the dribble, he could hit you with step backs, fall-aways, crossovers and if you over-commit he could get into the lane and make you pay.

FULL ARTICLE: Roundball Rewind - Looking Back at Brandon Roy

This is the first thing I've written in years, but I know there are a lot of Brandon Roy fans at this board so I figured some of you would appreciate something reflecting on him. I'm not trying to spam or drive traffic away from CelticsBlog, it's just my own personal wordpress blog I haven't touched in 3 years lol.

I tried my best to cover everything from his high school roots to his college career, his NBA timeline and success, injuries, key moments in his career, life after basketball, etc. He was one of my favorite players during his time in the league, I hope people don't forget how good he was when he was healthy.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: Reflecting on Brandon Roy's career
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
CJ McCollum reminds me of a poor mans Brandon Roy. I wonder what Portland fans would think of that comp.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out