Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76871 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #315 on: December 27, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-players-rip-james-harrison-claim-that-he-forced-his-way-out-of-pittsburgh/

LOL the Steelers are acting so salty over this (besides Big Ben, who was a class act about it). Their fans too.

I mean, they realize Harrison got cut, right? And they are complaining that Harrison wanted out, but come on, he only got like 40 snaps the entire season. Can you really blame him? And it's not like Pittsburgh had to release him. Could have simply kept him for depth in the playoffs, and to keep him from going to NE or Baltimore (another team rumored to have been in on him).

Oh well, their loss is our gain. Not expecting a ton but I definitely feel he can make an impact and a few plays during the playoffs that help us.  ;D
What a joke! Do they think he just woke up one morning in a bad mood and decided he didn't want to play for the Steelers one morning for no real reason?

« Reply #316 on: December 27, 2017, 07:32:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Pats signed James Harrison.  I'm sure he's close to cooked.  But he recorded 5 sacks last year, and if he makes one big play in the playoffs, it'll be well worth it.  Vets are invaluable come championship time.
Think he's cooked too but he probably can still give us a better pass rush than 90% of our players.

he's at least a name that other teams have to think about for a moment.  more than can be said for several of the guys getting snaps on the Pats currently
names dont win games.

Knowing the opponent's defensive game plan does, though. This signing will pay dividends if the Pats play Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game.
The Steelers entire game plan is on film already.

Harrison wont help in that regard.

He matches up really well with our 2 most likely divisional opponents (KC and Baltimore), and provides an element to our defense that is currently lacking(situational pass rusher) thats why he might help.

Hes useless in coverage and against the run. He is a 1 dimensional player who can rush the passer.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #317 on: December 27, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-players-rip-james-harrison-claim-that-he-forced-his-way-out-of-pittsburgh/

LOL the Steelers are acting so salty over this (besides Big Ben, who was a class act about it). Their fans too.

I mean, they realize Harrison got cut, right? And they are complaining that Harrison wanted out, but come on, he only got like 40 snaps the entire season. Can you really blame him? And it's not like Pittsburgh had to release him. Could have simply kept him for depth in the playoffs, and to keep him from going to NE or Baltimore (another team rumored to have been in on him).

Oh well, their loss is our gain. Not expecting a ton but I definitely feel he can make an impact and a few plays during the playoffs that help us.  ;D
What a joke! Do they think he just woke up one morning in a bad mood and decided he didn't want to play for the Steelers one morning for no real reason?

LOL and Pouncey says "his legacy in Pittsburgh is tarnished forever". Oh please.. his legacy in PIT is WAY BIGGER than yours...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #318 on: December 27, 2017, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Pats signed James Harrison.  I'm sure he's close to cooked.  But he recorded 5 sacks last year, and if he makes one big play in the playoffs, it'll be well worth it.  Vets are invaluable come championship time.
Think he's cooked too but he probably can still give us a better pass rush than 90% of our players.

he's at least a name that other teams have to think about for a moment.  more than can be said for several of the guys getting snaps on the Pats currently
names dont win games.

Knowing the opponent's defensive game plan does, though. This signing will pay dividends if the Pats play Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game.

Tom Brady knows the Steelers' playbook more than the Steelers' coaching staffs do. That's why he beats them year after year lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #319 on: December 27, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

LOL and Pouncey says "his legacy in Pittsburgh is tarnished forever". Oh please.. his legacy in PIT is WAY BIGGER than yours...  ::)

Yeah, I don't get the hostility from Steelers fans towards Harrison. He's one of the best defensive players in Pittsburgh history—which is saying a lot—and his 100-yard pick-6 was a primary reason they beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Besides that, he's played in only 5 games this season, so it's not like they really wanted him around.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #320 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

Yeah, I don't get the hostility from Steelers fans towards Harrison. He's one of the best defensive players in Pittsburgh history—which is saying a lot—and his 100-yard pick-6 was a primary reason they beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Besides that, he's played in only 5 games this season, so it's not like they really wanted him around.

Rational or not, how don't you get their saltiness?

He complained about his role on the team to the point of getting cut, and then signed with their biggest current threat.

Was it unfair of Harrison to do what he did, or for the Patriots to sign him? I certainly don't think so.

But you can't understand why Steelers fans are upset about It?

Really?

« Reply #321 on: December 27, 2017, 10:58:54 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Rational or not, how don't you get their saltiness?

He complained about his role on the team to the point of getting cut, and then signed with their biggest current threat.

Was it unfair of Harrison to do what he did, or for the Patriots to sign him? I certainly don't think so.

But you can't understand why Steelers fans are upset about It?

Really?

Seems to me the Steelers were pretty much done with him, but he feels he's still capable of being a bigger contributor than how they were using him, so he wanted a chance to play elsewhere. I understand why they'd be salty about him going to the Patriots, but I don't think they should be upset that he wanted a chance to do more somewhere else.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2017, 03:43:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The Jets are making me all the more confident there are college teams that could do better in the NFL than pro teams

« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2017, 04:12:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Watching James Harrison get sacks is a special kind of fun

« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2017, 08:44:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
WOW! Baltimore lost!  :o  ;D

They let Andy Dalton and the Bengals drive 90 yards on them in less than 2 minutes and got eliminated LOL. Thank god! (I truthfully didn't want to face Baltimore in the playoffs)

Also, Buffalo's playoff drought is now over.

So the playoff field is officially set.

NFC is (1) Eagles, (2) Vikings, (3) Rams, (4) Saints, (5) Panthers, (6) Falcons

AFC is (1) Patriots, (2) Steelers, (3) Jaguars, (4) Chiefs, (5) Titans, (6) Bills

Wild card matchups are CAR @ NO, ATL @ LAR, BUF @ JAX, TEN @ KC.

So New England will either face KC, Tennessee, or Buffalo in the Divisional Game.

Personally, I hope we play either BUF or TEN. KC is a tough team that always seems to give us trouble (like Baltimore, which is why I'm GLAD they are eliminated), and frankly I like our chances in a home January playoff game against either of these inexperienced sides. That said, if we match up against BUF, it will be the third time this season they meet, so it probably wouldn't be a cakewalk either (unless LeSean McCoy is injured and out for a while, which seems unlikely).

Also, I kind of want Pittsburgh to face JAX in the divisional round (they give the Steelers fits it seems), since PIT seems to have KC's number as well, and Pittsburgh can either play KC, JAX, or TEN in the divisional round, and PIT also smoked TEN earlier in the season. So we'll see.

What do you guys think? And who do you want NE to face 2 weeks from now?

« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

They let Andy Dalton and the Bengals drive 90 yards on them in less than 2 minutes and got eliminated LOL. Thank god! (I truthfully didn't want to face Baltimore in the playoffs)

AFC is (1) Patriots, (2) Steelers, (3) Jaguars, (4) Chiefs, (5) Titans, (6) Bills

So New England will either face KC, Tennessee, or Buffalo in the Divisional Game.

Personally, I hope we play either BUF or TEN. KC is a tough team that always seems to give us trouble (like Baltimore, which is why I'm GLAD they are eliminated), and frankly I like our chances in a home January playoff game against either of these inexperienced sides. That said, if we match up against BUF, it will be the third time this season they meet, so it probably wouldn't be a cakewalk either (unless LeSean McCoy is injured and out for a while, which seems unlikely).

Also, I kind of want Pittsburgh to face JAX in the divisional round (they give the Steelers fits it seems), since PIT seems to have KC's number as well, and Pittsburgh can either play KC, JAX, or TEN in the divisional round, and PIT also smoked TEN earlier in the season. So we'll see.

The Titans. Because they don't face the Patriots that often therefore not enough information to obtain plus the lack of experience. The Bills' run D is also porous so they can take advantage of that too.

« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Seems overwhelmingly likely that we get KC.

Feel good about that matchup.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2017, 08:55:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

The Titans. Because they don't face the Patriots that often therefore not enough information to obtain plus the lack of experience. The Bills' run D is also porous so they can take advantage of that too.

Yep, Dion Lewis will run over either team and Burkhead, White should come back healthy by then and help a ton as well.  ;D

« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2017, 08:56:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I feel a lot better about it than before (when KC blew us out and had that insane start to the season before struggling a lot).

Still, they aren't an easy team and are just as capable to pull off the upset @Foxboro.

I'm really hoping we get back a lot of our guys healthy by then. Going to need it too.

« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I feel a lot better about it than before (when KC blew us out and had that insane start to the season before struggling a lot).

Still, they aren't an easy team and are just as capable to pull off the upset @Foxboro.

I'm really hoping we get back a lot of our guys healthy by then. Going to need it too.

No Eric Berry, but they'll double up on Gronk. What concerns me is whether the Patriots offense will click or not. We need big games from the receiving corps on top of the running game. The defense needs to step it up; I don't want to see another Week 1 performance.