Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76288 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Focus moving forward: No. 1 seed and health

« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!

Absolutely, especially the "health" part.

The Week 15 game between NE-PIT could probably be the game that decides who is the 1 seed (Home Field Advantage) and who is the 2 seed.

What's impressed me though is that these past few weeks were the ones that truly worried me heading into the season (start of a grueling road trip, with road game @Brady's House of Horror in Denver, then a tough game vs. OAK at Mexico in that altitude), and yet the Pats won both games easily and in blowout fashion lol.

5 games vs. AFC East teams, and 1 vs. Pittsburgh remain.

I could see us finishing 13-3 to be honest, question is, will PIT finish 13-3 or better/worse than that? (And who wins that Week 15 match up between the two teams)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
17-2 Baby...6 time Superbowl Champs. Brady regular season MVP and 5 time SB MVP. Book it.

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
17-2 Baby...6 time Superbowl Champs. Brady regular season MVP and 5 time SB MVP. Book it.

It'll be interesting to see what excuse is given when Brady loses out on yet another regular season MVP. For him to only have two is pretty ridiculous.

But, yeah, I am very happy for the rest of your prediction to come true. If only stupid Deion Branch didn't steal that one SB MVP...jerk  :P

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2017, 09:44:43 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

The Week 15 game between NE-PIT could probably be the game that decides who is the 1 seed (Home Field Advantage) and who is the 2 seed.

What's impressed me though is that these past few weeks were the ones that truly worried me heading into the season (start of a grueling road trip, with road game @Brady's House of Horror in Denver, then a tough game vs. OAK at Mexico in that altitude), and yet the Pats won both games easily and in blowout fashion lol.

I could see us finishing 13-3 to be honest, question is, will PIT finish 13-3 or better/worse than that? (And who wins that Week 15 match up between the two teams)

Pittsburgh been hot and their defense has improved, so I think they inflict an "L" on us. I think we're 13-3 or 12-4. Can see us losing to Pittsburgh and maybe the Jets (if BB decides to rest players).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Pittsburgh been hot and their defense has improved, so I think they inflict an "L" on us. I think we're 13-3 or 12-4. Can see us losing to Pittsburgh and maybe the Jets (if BB decides to rest players).

That's fine, lose to them Week 15, beat them in the playoffs in a revenge game.  ;D

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow, the Patriots played one of their sloppiest games of the season... and still put up 35 points en route to a big 35-17 win.  :o  8)

Jaguars lost and are now 7-4, so I think it's safe to say that Pittsburgh and New England (both with just 2 losses at the moment) will both get first round byes in the AFC. Now it's just the question of who is 1 seed, 2 seed (which could be decided week 15 when both teams play each other @Heinz Field).

Injuries are a REAL concern though. Had a lot today and Brady took some vicious hits  :(

Hoping we can stay as healthy as possible and get back as many guys as possible as the playoffs near at least. I'm worried because we play Miami again in just 2 weeks on the road and those guys will definitely want to make a statement again with their physicality. And O-Line needs to do better, though it's hard with Andrews and Cannon out and having replacements take over for the time being.

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Another game Belichick is leaving Brady and Gronk and various other guys in there way way too long because he either doesn't have confidence in Hoyer or his defense or both. I wish just one journalist or reporter had the guts to call him on it but none of them do.

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Another game Belichick is leaving Brady and Gronk and various other guys in there way way too long because he either doesn't have confidence in Hoyer or his defense or both. I wish just one journalist or reporter had the guts to call him on it but none of them do.
Someone called him for it last week and Belichick shut them down pretty quick. He wasn't nice about it either.

« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2017, 03:53:46 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Someone called him for it last week and Belichick shut them down pretty quick. He wasn't nice about it either.
He had cop out answers and someone should say that to his face. "Tell me the play he'll get hurt on."  What a stupid thing to say. And this from the guy who routinely holds players out of preseason games and has had plenty of seasons ruined by injuries.

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
He had cop out answers and someone should say that to his face. "Tell me the play he'll get hurt on."  What a stupid thing to say. And this from the guy who routinely holds players out of preseason games and has had plenty of seasons ruined by injuries.
Belichick has had a bunch of seasons ruined by injury? They have been to 11 AFC championships, 7 Superbowls and won 5 Superbowls. Kinda hard to say he had too many seasons ruined by injury.

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Belichick has had a bunch of seasons ruined by injury? They have been to 11 AFC championships, 7 Superbowls and won 5 Superbowls. Kinda hard to say he had too many seasons ruined by injury.
Well there were the Gronk arm seasons. There was the Brady ACL season.  This season things don't look great on the injury front.

By "ruined"  I mean there was an opportunity to do better there.

Did those seasons get ruined by leaving guys in too long? I don't think so. But there have definitely been seasons where injuries played a significantly negative part

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2017, 04:08:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Im gonna go ahead and trust Bill here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2017, 04:29:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Im gonna go ahead and trust Bill here.
He's not perfect. He's actually a human being. He makes mistakes. It's ok to recognize that. I would have trusted Hoyer and the defense.

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Well there were the Gronk arm seasons. There was the Brady ACL season.  This season things don't look great on the injury front.

By "ruined"  I mean there was an opportunity to do better there.

Did those seasons get ruined by leaving guys in too long? I don't think so. But there have definitely been seasons where injuries played a significantly negative part
Maybe I read it wrong but it sure seemed to me that you were saying that Belichick was somehow responsible for injuries that "ruined" seasons for the Pats. If you aren't saying that then what is your point?

Injuries are part of the game. You deal with them much like they did with Gronk last season and with how they are dealing with injuries to Edelman and Hightower this year. The only way you can complain about Belichick leaving guys in too long is if someone gets injured in blowout garbage time. I don't think that's ever happened.