Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76284 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
A great new wrinkle introduced to FB by the patriots .... the touch pass.

Gronk leading Cook into the endzone gave a clear indication how big some of these football players are.

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2017, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Gronk leading Cook into the endzone gave a clear indication how big some of these football players are.

I think it was just Brady making up for all of those Gillislee rushing tds from week 1.  ;)

So far so good for the NE offense (after a REAL tough start with penalties) and especially the defense. Hopefully they stay aggressive.

EDIT: btw, what is up with the fog? It is almost unwatchable from the normal side camera angle.

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I think it was just Brady making up for all of those Gillislee rushing tds from week 1.  ;)

So far so good for the NE offense (after a REAL tough start with penalties) and especially the defense. Hopefully they stay aggressive.

EDIT: btw, what is up with the fog? It is almost unwatchable from the normal side camera angle.
That OPI on Gronk was weak. The refs weren't having a good day.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Classic overreactions from the national media after the Houston/KC losses. The defense looked terrible, but year after year, Belichick figures out how to improve the unit as the season goes on.

Now, will they overreact and say that the Pats are the clear #1's? I don't think so....

The hate against the Patriots is strong.

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:11 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That diving catch was so good, too. It was a shame it was called back.

Nice statement game by the Pats; that last td by ATL was just a pity td. There are still things to work on, but I feel a little more comfortable moving forward.

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2017, 10:03:06 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Classic overreactions from the national media after the Houston/KC losses. The defense looked terrible, but year after year, Belichick figures out how to improve the unit as the season goes on.

Now, will they overreact and say that the Pats are the clear #1's? I don't think so....

The hate against the Patriots is strong.
We beat Houston
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2017, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

That diving catch was so good, too. It was a shame it was called back.

Nice statement game by the Pats; that last td by ATL was just a pity td. There are still things to work on, but I feel a little more comfortable moving forward.

I try to avoid falling into the persecution/homer ref trap, but the amount of OPI that Gronk gets is ridiculous. So many receivers do exactly what he does.

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
What a weird season, too.

Atlanta comes out, beats Chicago on the road, then beats Green Bay with Rodgers and Lions in detroit. Then lose 3 straight. Pats, who looked awful against a very good KC team, Barely beats Tampa due to Tampa's kicker just failing, barely beats the Jets, and loses to a Carolina team that looked good but which then scores 3 points in a loss to Chicago! But they beat the resurgent Watson led Houston, beat the suddenly good looking Saints in New Orleans, and dominate Atlanta.

So strange.

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I think the combination of our defense playing better than they have been, and Atlanta having an extremely off night is what led to last night's performance. Our defense needs to continue taking positive steps. I can't wait to see what a healthy defense looks like.

I was particularly impressed with the play of Bademosi and Van Noy. Bademosi is making a case to be part of the regular defensive back rotation even when Gilmore and Rowe come back. Van Noy has looked great since Hightower came back. Our defense should be decent short of our front line. Hightower/Van Noy/ Butler/Gilmore/Rowe/McCourty are very Good. Heck even throw David Harris against the primary run based teams.

And our offense speaks for itself. Imagine we had edelman? Oh boy.
#JKJB

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Atlanta comes out, beats Chicago on the road, then beats Green Bay with Rodgers and Lions in detroit. Then lose 3 straight. Pats, who looked awful against a very good KC team, Barely beats Tampa due to Tampa's kicker just failing, barely beats the Jets, and loses to a Carolina team that looked good but which then scores 3 points in a loss to Chicago! But they beat the resurgent Watson led Houston, beat the suddenly good looking Saints in New Orleans, and dominate Atlanta.

So strange.

Really weird season.   I think there is separation in the AFC with KC/PIT/NE in some order at the top then a bunch of team below them.  The NFC is anyone's guess right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

So strange.

Really weird season.   I think there is separation in the AFC with KC/PIT/NE in some order at the top then a bunch of team below them.  The NFC is anyone's guess right now.

I keep wanting to put the raiders in that conversation, but then they do something to give me pause. Pit scares me the most out of the top teams. Their defense looks very good. Plus they have the best WR and the best RB in the NFL. If it weren't for Big Bens penchant to make a random bad decision here and there, they could be truly elite.
#JKJB

« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Is parity fun or is parity boring?

I think I like to know which teams are good and which teams are bad, not this NFL situation where it seems to shift each week.

That said, I don't like it when there are only a couple teams that everybody knows are going to end up playing in the final (e.g. NBA the last few years).

I would say the best situation for a league is when it feels like every team has a chance to build a contender if they play their cards right and build a stable, healthy institutional culture, and there are at least 5-6 really good teams with a theoretical shot at going all the way in any given season.

Anyway, that's all to say -- no idea what's going on with the NFL, seems like a bunch of mediocre teams that could win or lose in any given week.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2017, 09:37:04 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hightower is done for the season with a torn pectoral.  Horrible news. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Is parity fun or is parity boring?

I think I like to know which teams are good and which teams are bad, not this NFL situation where it seems to shift each week.

That said, I don't like it when there are only a couple teams that everybody knows are going to end up playing in the final (e.g. NBA the last few years).

I would say the best situation for a league is when it feels like every team has a chance to build a contender if they play their cards right and build a stable, healthy institutional culture, and there are at least 5-6 really good teams with a theoretical shot at going all the way in any given season.

Anyway, that's all to say -- no idea what's going on with the NFL, seems like a bunch of mediocre teams that could win or lose in any given week.

Agree completely.. I was tuning in to watch this al-kyrie-hayward curiosity museum.  I will keep watching given this Tatum, Brown situation that seems to be happening.. I have no idea how a Portland,  Memphis, Miami, Pistons, even Toronto fan cares. Go watch the leafs...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hightower is done for the season with a torn pectoral.  Horrible news.
Do we even know who's lining up as LB on Sunday?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."