Author Topic: So did ainge "blow it up?"  (Read 3668 times)

Re: So did ainge "blow it up?"
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 09:16:41 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Surprised at the people saying no considering horford is the only starter returning and the bench was gutted too

I think for me, blowing it up is associated with sacrificing a win now mindset with building towards the future. He definitely is looking at the future with this offseason but in no way 'blew up' what we had as I see the moves as an improvement. I think it's more the term and what you associate it with, but yeah the turnover from last year has been huge.

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Yes he blew it up. When 4 guys return(very good players) and improves the roster spots of the other 11 then he blew it up. I think the team is much better now then it was last year. I believe we can make it to the NBA Finals this year with this team.  We beat Cleveland in 6.

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
He absolutely blew it up.  One starter back - 4 players (last I counted) - it's a brand new team and will have a new style of play.

I hope people aren't expecting these guys to be dominant right out of the gate.  I'm guessing it takes the better part of the season for these guys to get used to playing with each other and the record will probably reflect that.

I would also expect them to struggle early - especially against good teams. But talent always prevails in this league and there's certainly plenty of that on this roster.

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i believe only 4 players are coming back - Smart/Rozier/Brown/Horford
out - KO/IT/Crowder/Zeller/Mickey/Bradley/Johnson

the first blow up was a rebuild, to tank
this blow up was a HUGE upgrade to our roster and secure our future