Author Topic: Ante Žižić farewell letter  (Read 2670 times)

Ante Žižić farewell letter
« on: August 24, 2017, 02:41:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
My homie, Ante "the Antidote" Žižić, as I have affectionately nicknamed him, is gone from Boston. In reality, it is like he never even came here.

From the day when he was drafted, until yesterday, I was so excited that my favorite Croatian big prospect will join my favorite sports team. I was sure that CBS would have molded him just like Michelangelo released the David from the stone. Bill Russell would tell him of his time playing in Croatia, with the USA team in the late 50'ies, and pour in some Gandalf knowledge in his head. Horford would have taken him as his newest and oddly, the oldest son. Showing him the NBA ropes and being in his ear, motivating him. Perhaps with some images of his attractive Dominican female relatives...

Men will plan and gods will laugh.
The dream was never even dreamt fully.
Ante will likely quickly become "the Anecdote" Žižić, a side note for the vast majority of the Celtic fandom.

Goodbye, kelly green Ante Žižić and welcome to the NBA Where-rough-welcoming-happens Ante Žižić. Catch a few notes and lobs from that guy with the number 23 and that little guy, he is a gem.

http://imgur.com/a/Wwpgs
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:49:16 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: Ante Žižić farewell letter
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:46:26 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Zizic seems like a class act and I've was pretty pumped to see his growth in the nba. Just seeing him in summer league get better from the first game to his last summer game was fun and promising. Sure it was summer league but he showed that he might be competent one day

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 03:10:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yeah...was hard to see him go...hope he becomes something good in the future. Just sad that we didn't have an appreciation day for Isaiah or at least offer it to him, he really played his heart out for us. I'll forever be an IT fan.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 04:41:53 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Did we need to include him in the deal strictly for salary purposes or did Cleveland really want him? I'm just hoping he gets a chance there and doesn't get glued to the bench as a guy they took on for salary purposes

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:44:09 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Did we need to include him in the deal strictly for salary purposes or did Cleveland really want him? I'm just hoping he gets a chance there and doesn't get glued to the bench as a guy they took on for salary purposes
I think Cleveland wanted a cheap big with potential to back up TT so yeah he'll get time.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 06:36:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is pretty funny thread, it not like we trade Hondo.. folks.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Yes, I understand that, no reason to get too melodramatic, but Androslav says he was following him for some years, and that he liked him a lot as a prospect even before he was drafted. Would have felt the same way if a Greek player was traded.

Hope he gets opportunities to grow in Cleveland.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Yes, I understand that, no reason to get too melodramatic, but Androslav says he was following him for some years, and that he liked him a lot as a prospect even before he was drafted. Would have felt the same way if a Greek player was traded.

TP Greece.If a Hong Kong player got drafted by the Celtics and got traded I'd feel the same way.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

TP Greece.If a Hong Kong player got drafted by the Celtics and got traded I'd feel the same way.
It is a small country thing. You dig.
But also the certainty I had that he will be developed correctly under our program.
That would help Croatian basketball national squad greatly.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
You never know...if LBJ leaves and Cleveland heads back to the cellar he just might be available for a return when we will still likely need bigs.  ;)

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I wish Ante Zizic the best - but I have some serious questions as to whether he will ever play in the NBA; he did not impress in Summer League.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 10:59:17 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Ditto.

He was terrible in the summer league. I don't bemoan his loss in the slightest.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Ditto.

He was terrible in the summer league. I don't bemoan his loss in the slightest.

That's the CoachBo I know. The one I disagree with everything he writes. I thought someone had stolen your account when I read a comment of yours earlier today, now everything's back in order.

Keep up the good work - I'm not kidding, pluralism is fun.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I know he wasn't gangbusters in summer league but he still was a very young big man who was drafted in the first round last year. Since we have almost no big man depth, it would have been nice to keep him around for four years and see how he developed. I don't think Cleveland had much better offers and I wonder why the Celtics really needed to include him in the deal because he shouldn't have been a dealbreaker. The Brooklyn pick and Jae Crowder should have already made the trade a big "win" for Cleveland.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 10:03:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
My interest in Zizic tempered a bit during summer league.