Author Topic: Kyrie Skill level is off the Charts (Video)  (Read 1106 times)

Kyrie Skill level is off the Charts (Video)
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:54:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Really getting excited now. He has the best ball handling skills on the planet. Out of 7.5 Billion people he's #1. Chew on that.  What a smart young man too, 10,000 hours to become an expert in something he says, I truly believe that. In high school he said I used to play from 4pm to 10 pm every single day.

https://youtu.be/ZwfaLxVewxw

Re: Kyrie Skill level is off the Charts (Video)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:01:20 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, he has a legit claim to the best handles in league history.  It's one of the reasons that it's disappointing that he is mediocre at getting to the line. He should be on Harden's level in terms of creating contact.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:06:43 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yeah just doesn't have the build or strength of Harden. Kyrie reminds me of the little guy at the Y that I just couldn't touch, I tried to have him, I couldn't Just too fast. And those guys don't want contact. They just slither by you and score.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:20:05 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Really getting excited now. He has the best ball handling skills on the planet. Out of 7.5 Billion people he's #1. Chew on that.  What a smart young man too, 10,000 hours to become an expert in something he says, I truly believe that. In high school he said I used to play from 4pm to 10 pm every single day.

You do realise Kyrie thinks the earth is flat, right?   :P

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:24:35 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I like to compare him to Curry largely because I think the Celtics want to run a similar offense.  His handles are as good maybe even better.  He's not as good of a shooter, but he is elite and I think he will look better in Stevens' system rather than Lebron's.  He shot better than 90% and 40% from the line and 3 last season.  He's better than Curry at driving to the hoop and is stronger.  I don't think he is far from Curry's level and playing for Stevens and the Celtics will prove that. 

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:27:10 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I like to compare him to Curry largely because I think the Celtics want to run a similar offense.  His handles are as good maybe even better.  He's not as good of a shooter, but he is elite and I think he will look better in Stevens' system rather than Lebron's.  He shot better than 90% and 40% from the line and 3 last season.  He's better than Curry at driving to the hoop and is stronger.  I don't think he is far from Curry's level and playing for Stevens and the Celtics will prove that.
I'm excited to see what Irving is capable of under a good coach like Stevens.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 01:40:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Surely that isn't still being circulated as what he legitimately thinks. 
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 01:54:01 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Surely that isn't still being circulated as what he legitimately thinks.

Yeah, he was clearly joking and trolling the media for his own entertainment.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 01:59:36 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm excited to see what Irving is capable of under a good coach like Stevens.

I think Stevens is as well. Never had this type of talent on his roster at 25. Stevens knows he's unstoppable if put in the right position to succeed.