Author Topic: Boston Globe: Kyrie has expressed to C's he hopes to be in Boston long term  (Read 2911 times)

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Apart from waiving the trade kicker, it's all just words. I'll try not to get too invested and see what he does towards the end of his contract.
If his desire to stay here is strong, he is eligible for an extension next year. That will lock him up at below open market max rates.

And if/when he doesnt leave tens if millions of dollars on the table by signing an extension next year instead of waiting until free agency to sign a max contract, that doesnt mean that he doesn't want to be here long term
I'm bitter.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Apart from waiving the trade kicker, it's all just words. I'll try not to get too invested and see what he does towards the end of his contract.
If his desire to stay here is strong, he is eligible for an extension next year. That will lock him up at below open market max rates.

And if/when he doesnt leave tens if millions of dollars on the table by signing an extension next year instead of waiting until free agency to sign a max contract, that doesnt mean that he doesn't want to be here long term
This.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
My hope is also the Kyrie is in Boston long term. I'm excited about this team but I'm also about tired of the churn. I'm optimistic a core of Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Smart, Tatum, and Brown can stay together for a while (at least the 3 years of Horford's contract) and do some serious winning together.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008