Author Topic: the gift that was isaiah  (Read 843 times)

the gift that was isaiah
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Isaiah is a basketball genius and his magical display will always be remembered .I warned we should relish every second because of a sudden catastrophic injury .I did not see ainge resigning isaiah to max for this reason.
The celtics this off season have become longer ,tougher and have avoided have unwound the backlog at wing  and possible friction of Crowder and his feeling Brad was favoring Hayward.
Zizic had no outside shot and Mike Gorman stated he was a year away from being a year away.
.Gorman also stated he has watched Aron Baynes for years and not to underestimate him.
We made room for jaylen and tatum to grow.
We passed on Fultz and got a all star point guard while adding tatum and that extra pick that may produce.
Isaiah electric talent is gone but will not be forgotten and can't be tarnished by injury

Re: the gift that was isaiah
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:16:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
IT's 2 and a half years with us were rafters worthy. There is no other way to approach it IMO. He led the way. Inspired every (short) person in the world that anything is possible, became an all star, recruited Horford, Durant, and GH. He showed humility, care, and compassion whenever I saw him in the off court activities. He also paired sportsmanship with competitiveness, the best combo players can have to provide the pleasure of watching. He turned us from the lottery team to EC finalists. All that for some 16 million dollars throughout 2,5 years, an absolutely insane value he brought to the team in every regard.

A beautiful player and person.
Hats off to IT.
Number 4 to the rafters, please.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:22:40 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:32:36 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Isaiah is a basketball genius and his magical display will always be remembered
Here, here.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He was electrifying on the court.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:19:43 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
IT's 2 and a half years with us were rafters worthy. There is no other way to approach it IMO. He led the way. Inspired every (short) person in the world that anything is possible, became an all star, recruited Horford, Durant, and GH. He showed humility, care, and compassion whenever I saw him in the off court activities. He also paired sportsmanship with competitiveness, the best combo players can have to provide the pleasure of watching. He turned us from the lottery team to EC finalists. All that for some 16 million dollars throughout 2,5 years, an absolutely insane value he brought to the team in every regard.

A beautiful player and person.
Hats off to IT.
Number 4 to the rafters, please.
Agree 100%. Nothing but love and respect to IT, we should hang his name up the rafters at least as a thank you, he put his body on the line every second in a game that us and performed amazingly. Also shame on those "Celtics fans" who burnt his jersey, they should appreciate what he has done to revitalize this organization. I will always be an IT fan. Thank you Isaiah.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
All this talk of putting #4 in the rafters is ridiculous. We're not even sure whether KG is deserving of having #5 retired, and he was the best player on a championship team, and a contending team, for years.

IT isn't on that level. His 2 1/2 years were fantastic, don't get me wrong. But he's not deserving of getting his number retired. We throw those around too liberally already.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
All this talk of putting #4 in the rafters is ridiculous. We're not even sure whether KG is deserving of having #5 retired, and he was the best player on a championship team, and a contending team, for years.

IT isn't on that level. His 2 1/2 years were fantastic, don't get me wrong. But he's not deserving of getting his number retired. We throw those around too liberally already.

I have a pretty firm opinion on KG's Celtic work. His jersey should adorn the Garden.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."