Author Topic: isaiah and crowder -celtics management was about a banner-always was  (Read 992 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The Celts didn't betray isaiah as there is legitimate concern about his injury and next years free agency.
The celts did not betray crowder coming off his best season but he raised concern how he would handle  gordon haywood
These guys were traded for an all star that included a potential number one pick-giving them national exposure
They were traded to a potential lNBA finalist with a chance to win a ring.
The celts have repeatedly said their number one goal was a banner and need of a superstar

The fans have adored isaiah and applauded Crowder 'both for his defense/hustle and shooting.
Crowders minutes also got in the way of jaylen and tatum.
So the celts could retain their draft pick and let isaiah determine his future this year,
 and could trade crowder to western conference contender with his cheap contract

Re: isaiah and crowder -celtics management was about a banner-always was
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 01:07:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I don't think we need to defend or apologize for the Celtics for making a trade.  It is a cliche but it is part of the business.  I understand that Crowder and IT are going to be upset but as you describe, it could have been worse, say traded to the Knicks for Porzingis or something like that.

I think all the emotions around this will settle down and IT and Crowder will make peace with the trade.  They will be cheered when they come to Boston and will add some spice to the games when we play Cleveland in the ECF.  They are getting a chance to play with possibly the greatest player ever.  In spite of the drama that LeBron seems to create around himself, that is still a pretty cool thing to have done in your life.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celtics raised these two careers to another level  (well hopefully IT4 gets back on his feet)

Goodluck

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The Celts didn't betray isaiah as there is legitimate concern about his injury and next years free agency.
The celts did not betray crowder coming off his best season but he raised concern how he would handle  gordon haywood
These guys were traded for an all star that included a potential number one pick-giving them national exposure
They were traded to a potential lNBA finalist with a chance to win a ring.
The celts have repeatedly said their number one goal was a banner and need of a superstar

The fans have adored isaiah and applauded Crowder 'both for his defense/hustle and shooting.
Crowders minutes also got in the way of jaylen and tatum.
So the celts could retain their draft pick and let isaiah determine his future this year,
 and could trade crowder to western conference contender with his cheap contract

If the deal falls though ...wonder if Crowder could be swapped for Noel.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don't think we need to defend or apologize for the Celtics for making a trade.  It is a cliche but it is part of the business.  I understand that Crowder and IT are going to be upset but as you describe, it could have been worse, say traded to the Knicks for Porzingis or something like that.

I think all the emotions around this will settle down and IT and Crowder will make peace with the trade.  They will be cheered when they come to Boston and will add some spice to the games when we play Cleveland in the ECF.  They are getting a chance to play with possibly the greatest player ever.  In spite of the drama that LeBron seems to create around himself, that is still a pretty cool thing to have done in your life.

It really all depends on how Crowder and IT handle it publicly.  If they trash the team and or fans, we as fans are not very forgiving.  I will forever cherish IT and Crowder and they define what it means to be a celtics.  I will always root for them even if they are salty.