Author Topic: What's the One Thing Boston fans are undervaluing with trade  (Read 5980 times)

Re: What's the One Thing Boston fans are undervaluing with trade
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Kyrie Irving is 7" taller than Isaiah Thomas.
Kyrie Irving grew to 6'5? Cool, we can just start him at SG down the road.

That would be an 8" difference, Koz (unless IT grew to 5'10"). Thank you for pointing out my fat fingers. I meant 6".
IT grew to 5'10 before he was even drafted. He measured 5'10 1/4 in shoes at the combine.

And you, Kov, seriously might be the ONLY one left to actually BELIEVE that:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I am still really excited to see what Brad can do with a player with Kyrie's skill level.
Brad has established a nice track record of getting the absolute most out of his players and I think Kyrie is, easily, the most talented player Brad has coached. I'm optimistic.

Last years Celtic team and before was fun . Object is to always get better make the finals  or try something new  , last years squad carried them about as far as they could go with said talent .   

Danny reloaded and I think it will be fun to see if the NEW Celtics can do as well or better hopefully .

Danny did what he is hired to do....try and make the team better every year .  Sometimes it works out , and maybe he is wrong .  But to sit on your hands is boring.

I love the excitment of a new group , new challenge , new rookies

I don't think Irving has ever been in a real structured enviroment for long ,  he was hurt at Duke , not coached much , then put on a scrub team without alot of. coaching , just play .  Then he gets cut short with Blatt .....the Diva wants to do everything his way .....still no more team coaching .....a yes man for LeWhine is brought in to appease the street ball divas.   Irving grew up in a dysfunctional NBA ....lead by a dictator player and not a coach and system.

Irving ,now has a chance to learn the art of TEAM sport basketball.

I think this SHAQATTACK statement explains a lot about the nature of Danny's bold moves over the summer.

"....last years squad carried them about as far as they could go with said talent."

As much fun as this team was over the past few years we weren't a great team.

Think about it....last season we won a lot of very close games even against mediocre talent. We caught injury breaks in both the Chicago and Washington series. Rondo was out completely after 2 games and later Butler got hurt. Wall's hand/wrist injury surely affected his shooting in game 7. We also missed playing against Toronto...a team we likely would have lost to. And, we got murdered by Cleveland.

Thus, even if this year's team doesn't win as many games as last year we have to keep in mind that we weren't that great to begin with.  Many of those wins came about because of Isaiah's insane 4th quarter shooting. It's unlikely he'd be able to keep performing to that level with an injured hip or other injuries that may pop up over time. 

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I think what I am most excited about with this trade is that we are no longer a plucky group of upstarts trying to punch above their weight class. We are as talented as any team in the league and I would defy any national fan or media outlet to call us a fake one seed now. We entered this new tier of talent all while keeping Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and Marcus Smart.

We have room to rise to a Golden State like level but will be putting out a top three to five team in the meantime. Exciting times.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:22:02 AM by Smartacus »