Author Topic: We finally have a superstar with a Nike shoe line. Thoughts?  (Read 1925 times)

We finally have a superstar with a Nike shoe line. Thoughts?
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I thought it was an interesting thing that we finally have a superstar with a Nike signature shoe line. Kyrie is one of the big faces of the nba. I don't really consider KGs shoe line as that was more of a china thing.

I always thought  rondo was going to get a shoe deal he seemed like a very popular player. I know he had a 1 off player edition shoe, but we got a real deal now

I also prefer the kyrie shoes to the other Nike player shoes. The lebron soldiers are just a bunch of tacky straps, and the KD shoes aren't nice

I made these in Nike id:

Side Glows in the dark
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:25:14 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: We finally have a superstar with a Nike shoe line. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
OO i like em. Ironically i don't have too much green in my wardrobe, but id definitely rock those.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
OO i like em. Ironically i don't have too much green in my wardrobe, but id definitely rock those.
yeah its tough to invest in green shoes because they're hard to match but its tempting too

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This is kind of cool.  I've been looking for a pair of green basketball sneakers that I like for about a year.  I'm sure there will be a a good looking green colorway in Irving's line soon.  I have a red Irving pair and not because I liked him as a player.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Pierce actually had his own line with Nike, but I think they only made kids sizes available.

KG used to, not sure if Adidas made a line just for him by the time he got to Boston, then I believe he switched to Anta and wore generic ones in Celtics colors.

Ray famously had PE Jordan's the majority of his career, very seldom were pairs made for the public.

I guess Kyrie has one of the better lines in the NBA after LeBron. Durant had some good ones back in the day.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 08:49:04 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Pierce actually had his own line with Nike, but I think they only made kids sizes available.

KG used to, not sure if Adidas made a line just for him by the time he got to Boston, then I believe he switched to Anta and wore generic ones in Celtics colors.

Ray famously had PE Jordan's the majority of his career, very seldom were pairs made for the public.

I guess Kyrie has one of the better lines in the NBA after LeBron. Durant had some good ones back in the day.
Lebrons>Paul George>Irving and KD in my opinion.  The Georges are super comfortable and possibly underrated.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 08:55:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

In terms of? Kyrie's have been Nike's top selling basketball sneaker 2 years running.

As a longtime sneaker collector, I'm giddy. I nearly crapped my pants when we were targeting Paul George - the PG1 is currently my favorite model of all the brands.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
So I'm no sneakerhead, but I pick up a new pair of basketball shoes every so often. Last time I was in the market for shoes, I really liked the Kyrie's (read: wanted to get), but obviously couldn't get the shoes of a player I had a great distaste for who played for my team's rival. I ended up scouring the internet and finally finding a pair of the Isaiah Thomas Player Editions. Pretty funny how that worked out, eh? Well, my next shoes will probably be a pair of Kyrie's. That's a [dang] fine looking shoe. Feels good to get that off my chest.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:11:20 PM by max215 »
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:29 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Paul Pierce had a signature sneaker line with Nike. There were 4 models I believe. It's just that his contract stated that his signature shoe line would only be available in kids sizes.