Who won the IT4 + for Kyrie trade?

Cavs
13 (39.4%)
Celtics
10 (30.3%)
Even
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Celticsblog poll - Who won the IT4 + for Kyrie trade?  (Read 1327 times)

Celticsblog poll - Who won the IT4 + for Kyrie trade?
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Cavs - IT4, Crowder, Zizic, 2018 Nets pick
To Celtics - Irving

snooping around social media, Cavs hold a slight adv...as the winner of the trade.

Broussard thinks Cavs clearly won the trade...while Cowherd, Skip say the Celts won... etc

Re: Celticsblog poll - Who won the IT4 + for Kyrie trade?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Cleveland beat Boston in the ECF and now this trade.  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Cleveland beat Boston in the ECF and now this trade.  :(

I do wish Danny pushed the 2 non lotto 2019 picks harder instead of giving up the 2018 pick

But maybe he felt, if he pushed this too hard.... Cavs were going to walk away and take a lesser offer from the Heat or Bucks or something.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IMO if someone believes Cavs had to trade Irving Cavs won. If you think of where each team is however C's won as they got the best player.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I say even right now, lets see how health for both PGs plays out and the Nets pick, also who wins the ECF.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Cavs by a mile. Got a huge return for a flawed star when other more complete superstars were traded for peanuts. Cavs get better now and in the future.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:59 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't think anybody can really say at this point, definitively, who won the trade.  I don't think we'll know the real answer to that until the next season at the earliest.

How well Cleveland comes out of it will really be determined but what happens with lebron and Isaiah next season.  If Lebron leaves and they choose not to resign Isaiah to a max, then all that really got out of the deal is Crowder, Zizic, Brooklyn 1st.  That's a solid return but not a spectacular one by any means.

If LeBron resigns and the Cavs bring Thomas back too, then short term they won the deal.  Thomas is really only a small downgrade from Kyrie, so it's almost like they've added Crowder, Zizic and the Brooklyn 1st hurt nothing really. Long term, 3 years from now lebron will be 35, Th Thomas will be 31 and will lose a step, and they'll still be paying Thomas 30m a year... so by that time they might be starting to look like the losers.

For Boston there are just so many variables. 

Firstly as good as Kyrie is right now, he's still only 25 years old.  Most players don't reach their peak until 27-28 (e.g. Thomas, Crowder, Bradley all had career years around that age) so the scary thing is that Kyrie still has room to grow, and he probably will - especially under Brad  Stevens.  He's already better overall then Thomas ( who I'm going to guess peaked last season) so the sky really is the limit.

Secondly, Boston has so much young talent.  Smart is still only 24 or so, and some he hasn't shown much improvement this far there's still 2-3 years before we can truly write off his upside.  Jaylen Brown was already contributing least season as a 20 year old rookie,  and he hasn't even began to touch his potential yet.  Tatum at 19 hadn't played an nba game yet and is already wowing me with his impressive offensive versatility and amazing footwork - he's almost certainly going to be a stud. 

Rozier is has slown serious flashes of potential desire the fact that he's only around 22-23 and had had minimal opportunity.  He's a guy who could potentially (given a more steady role) break out in a big way.

Horford is being rediculously overpaid and is way too old to fit in with the rest of this rooster, so ia big part of me hopes he gets traded away for a younger and less costly player who can grow with the team.  If not, then he at least offers a steady veteran presence and will have his impact on the game on both ends.

With the exception of Horford, Morris and Baynes we really have no idea what to expect from this team who's only returning starter is Al Horford, and who's longest tenured player is now 24 year old Marcus Smart.  This is a whole new team we have right now.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:07:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
good points

We will see now if Kyrie can carry or semi carry a team , deep into the playoffs

Or IT4 will be able to pull off his best impression of Kyrie, now with Lebron by his side

IF Lebron is the x factor (decent chance) in this equation,  IT4 resigns an extension with the Cavs and that 2018 pick is in the top 5 range.........

then yeah, the Cavs clearly come out on top of this trade

If IT4 hip is never the same or he leaves the Cavs after this season (nothing in return)... plus the pick is outside of the top 5 pick range..... Celtics win the trade

Imo i think the Celts will win just because they get a younger version of IT4/Kyrie locked up for the next 2 seasons, proven playoff performer vs elite teams and I don't think the Nets will be that horrible next season (7-8 range pick)

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Just FYI there is a poll with a few hundred votes in it from yesterday...