C / C-
15 (7.9%)
D+
6 (3.2%)
D / D-
6 (3.2%)
F
9 (4.8%)
Incomplete (I Just Can't Give It A Grade Yet)
15 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Poll: Give The Kyrie Irving-To-Boston Trade A Letter Grade  (Read 58988 times)

Re: Poll: Give The Kyrie Irving-To-Boston Trade A Letter Grade
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2017, 12:46:10 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
10 games into the season, with a big game (that IT has had 30 of) against the Hawks?  Give that man his money!  We the team to beat!

A++

Your sarcasm really only points out you have nothing to stand on.

You think people like me are just excited because he scored 35?

No, it is because he has shown he isn't as easy to knock off his game as IT was, and is younger, taller, and a better passer, defender, and arguably, shooter.

He has come out and played great team ball.

But hey you continue  act like one of those dudes who insisted IT was just a sixth man. That is exactly what you sound like.

You can't back that up with any evidence. 

I want Kyrie to prove he can carry this team the way IT did, and with the benefit of far more weapons at his disposal.  And to stop wearing mittens during post-game interviews. 

You're emotions are clouding your perception of what I'm actually saying.  I've literally said in several threads that he has played great team ball.  In general, I continue to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt as the better prospect, yet you somehow keep suggesting that I believe otherwise.
this is from like the day after the IT trade:

Can't hate on Ainge today. Sick move. Gotta start Thomas.
lets keep these attacks grounded in facts
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2017, 12:50:44 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
10 games into the season, with a big game (that IT has had 30 of) against the Hawks?  Give that man his money!  We the team to beat!

A++

No, it is because he has shown he isn't as easy to knock off his game as IT was, and is younger, taller, and a better passer, defender, and arguably, shooter.

But hey you continue  act like one of those dudes who insisted IT was just a sixth man. That is exactly what you sound like.

I want Kyrie to prove he can carry this team the way IT did, and with the benefit of far more weapons at his disposal.  And to stop wearing mittens during post-game interviews. 

You're emotions are clouding your perception of what I'm actually saying.  I've literally said in several threads that he has played great team ball.  In general, I continue to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt as the better prospect, yet you somehow keep suggesting that I believe otherwise.

This us going right over your head.

I am comparing you to the people who doubted IT, reasonably at first, and then continued to, irrationally.

If you gave Kyrie the same benefit of the doubt you gave IT, you would not have so many sarcastic and condescending remarks about Kyrie.

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2017, 12:54:57 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

A++

I am comparing you to the people who doubted IT, reasonably at first, and then continued to, irrationally.

If you gave Kyrie the same benefit of the doubt you gave IT, you would not have so many sarcastic and condescending remarks about Kyrie.
The fact that other people were wrong about 1 player 2 years ago doesnt make Tarheels wrong about a different one today.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:33 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

A++

The fact that other people were wrong about 1 player 2 years ago doesnt make Tarheels wrong about a different one today.

Never said it did.

Just letting him know how he comes across, like someone who never did just accept IT for his skill (even though he did).

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2017, 01:04:16 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I still think it’s too early to grade.

Kyrie has looked excellent thus far, and they have looked very impressive since that understandable 0-2 start.

We need to see if Kyrie can keep this up (him and Horford look tailor-made for each other), how Isaiah is when he returns, and what that Brooklyn pick lands.

Just like theNsts trade took a few years to become the most lopsided trade ever, this should take a year to figure out. Early returns are encouraging, but if Isaiah comes back the All-NBA talent he was pre-injury and that pick comes up top-3, that’s tough to swallow, even for a guy of Kyrie’s caliber.

I’m already a believer in the deal. I was against it from the start but Kyrie is definitely winning me over. It’s a shame we have to wait so long to see Irving-Hayward-Horford (and Tatum!) together.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

A++

Never said it did.

Just letting him know how he comes across, like someone who never did just accept IT for his skill (even though he did).

I just want him to prove it.  We Boston fans have obnoxiously high standards, myself included.  I want to like the guy, and ultimately I'm sure I will.  He's even better than I thought he was.  But again, he has a long way to go to meet the standards a lot of posters here are holding him to.  We did overpay in the trade, and IT was a monster in Boston. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
To all the people who think they know better than Ainge, just remember that it was HIS acquired assets that were dealt in the first place. He got BRK18, crowder and IT. For dirt cheap: Marcus Thornton, Retired Rondo, Retired Jason Terry. You don't really have much to stand on talking about the 2nd part if you loved the first part.

Kyrie is worth every penny. The deal is an A+. All Ainge deals have been A+.

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Originally, I gave the deal a C/C-. At this point, I've submitted it for regrading and gotten a reply of, "Now we know why DA is the GM and you aren't."

Mike

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Originally, I gave the deal a C/C-. At this point, I've submitted it for regrading and gotten a reply of, "Now we know why DA is the GM and you aren't."

Mike

Your humility is refreshing on this blog. TP.

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2017, 10:16:43 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
We traded someone with a severe injury for an NBA champion who might have the best handle in the league. Ante Zizic is averaging 4 mpg while Tristan Thompson is injured. Jae Crowder isn't a starting 4, Jayson Tatum is... Through 1/8th of the season we have at least won this trade.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2017, 10:17:51 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I gave it an A/A- originally.  Feel pretty good about that now

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2017, 10:50:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
A

solved the what to do with IT issue .  Which i ll bet my house he was never getting no max from DA period .  So ....most likely he was leaving anyway to get paid .  Problem solved . We got a replacment I bet 30 of 30 GMs would take Kyrie over IT , given a choice.

Keeping bad leg IT and with Gordon down ....total bummer year .   With Kyrie we still make some noise and train the rookies .

Snagged one ofthe most dynamic point guards in the NBA....rare ....at Kyries age.....yeah I like a few other guard as well , but nobody is trading Harden , Westbrook , Lillard , or Wall .   And Cavs would not either, if he did not want out. Thanks LeBron !

Unless the nets  pick is a top three , I think we won hands down. 

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2017, 12:49:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Mike

I feel that way about the Fultz/Tatum trade now.

Fultz is just a hot mess right now, and I'm starting to think it's more than just his injury...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2017, 01:17:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Mike

I feel that way about the Fultz/Tatum trade now.

Fultz is just a hot mess right now, and I'm starting to think it's more than just his injury...

Yeah, I’m conceding I was wrong on the Fultz deal as well.

I’m happy with how Kyrie has played, but I still think we paid through the nose for him. But, it depends upon how IT plays, and where the BRK pick falls.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
A+   8)

LET'S GO CELTICS!