C / C-
15 (7.9%)
D+
6 (3.2%)
D / D-
6 (3.2%)
F
9 (4.8%)
Incomplete (I Just Can't Give It A Grade Yet)
15 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Poll: Give The Kyrie Irving-To-Boston Trade A Letter Grade  (Read 58997 times)

Re: Poll: Give The Kyrie Irving-To-Boston Trade A Letter Grade
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lol this poll is ALL OVER the place.

Meanwhile, most of Cleveland is celebrating the deal giving it mostly 'A' grades...  :(
From the Cavs perspective, it is an easy A.  Compared to the other recent star trades they got a bonanza for a player who demanded to be traded.  If they let it drag on they weren't going to get a better offer and it might have dragged into the season.  If anything the trade increases the chance that Lebron stays.  The Cavs went from a tough situation with little flexibility to a team with options. 

If IT is healthy, he's not a significant drop off from Irving.  Him being 3 years older doesn't really matter considering Lebron's timeline.  Crowder may have been superfluous to us but he's a significant addition for them.  He'll be able to take some of the defensive load from Lebron.  If things are going well, they could look to flip the Nets pick for more star power.   

Worse case.  IT isn't healthy so they let him walk. Lebron leaves.  They can trade Love and Crowder for picks.  With the Nets pick that gives them a good start on a rebuild.  Maybe Zizic even turns into an NBA player.     

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
This trade, barring a top 3 pick, is hands down in Boston's favor! Irving is going to grow as a player while IT will go down hill and not in a year or two. We got the better player in the deal and while Crowder is a nice player he can be replaced.

If the pick works into a franchise player then yeah we may have lost the trade but the odds are against that. I think Irving is a fantastic player and he will become even better in Celtics green. It seems like every time there is a good player, picks and other players traded that everyone thinks the team who got the one very good player got fleeced. Funny thing is every NBA fan knows that it takes superstars to win. We got the better end of the deal. I went with A+.

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Most here give it a solid A-B range grade.

But there are also a good number of C's and F's here LOL.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
well....there are holders on to the IT dream ...its over ....

Crowder has been unhappy

I hate losing the Nets pick and Zizic

Given ITs highly questional future

Its a heck of a deal for Cavs ...compared to their other offers ..not dreamed up offers rumored

Boston takes advantage of Cavs misfortunes.....too BAD cavs fans .....not our fault Irving wants out .....your getting more than you should expect already .

Boston grade B+

Cavs ....A. ....considering what Pacers got ....Cavs hit the jackpot.

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
well....there are holders on to the IT dream ...its over ....

Crowder has been unhappy

I hate losing the Nets pick and Zizic

Given ITs highly questional future

Its a heck of a deal for Cavs ...compared to their other offers ..not dreamed up offers rumored

Boston takes advantage of Cavs misfortunes.....too BAD cavs fans .....not our fault Irving wants out .....your getting more than you should expect already .

Boston grade B+

Cavs ....A. ....considering what Pacers got ....Cavs hit the jackpot.

that sounds fair. it was a win-win for both teams.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Since we've learned just how bad Isaiah's hip is, I'm re-rating the trade as an A for us.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2017, 11:50:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
As the OP here, I originally gave it a C - / C, now I think I'll push it to B- range now.  ;D

A LOT depends on how Isaiah does for CLE when he returns (which reports now sound optimistic it could be earlier than expected).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2017, 11:53:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
10 games into the season, with a big game (that IT has had 30 of) against the Hawks?  Give that man his money!  We the team to beat!

A++
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
A+....we'd be 11-0 with Hayward.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:37 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
As the OP here, I originally gave it a C - / C, now I think I'll push it to B- range now.  ;D

A LOT depends on how Isaiah does for CLE when he returns (which reports now sound optimistic it could be earlier than expected).

Or when our team doctors thought it could be.

« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Fun to go back and read people's initial reactions.  A lot to be determined by that pick still.

That pick is going to have to produce one heck of a player.

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2017, 12:17:08 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
10 games into the season, with a big game (that IT has had 30 of) against the Hawks?  Give that man his money!  We the team to beat!

A++

Your sarcasm really only points out you have nothing to stand on.

You think people like me are just excited because he scored 35?

No, it is because he has shown he isn't as easy to knock off his game as IT was, and is younger, taller, and a better passer, defender, and arguably, shooter.

He has come out and played great team ball.

But hey you continue  act like one of those dudes who insisted IT was just a sixth man. That is exactly what you sound like.

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2017, 12:32:19 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
So glad we got rid of IT.
Giving him a max contract would have been a disaster.
And here is what Irving did to us in the playoffs...
62% from the field, 50% from the three, and 90% from the line.
I can hardly wait to see Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford together.

Nice.

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

A++

No, it is because he has shown he isn't as easy to knock off his game as IT was, and is younger, taller, and a better passer, defender, and arguably, shooter.

But hey you continue  act like one of those dudes who insisted IT was just a sixth man. That is exactly what you sound like.

You can't back that up with any evidence. 

I want Kyrie to prove he can carry this team the way IT did, and with the benefit of far more weapons at his disposal.  And to stop wearing mittens during post-game interviews. 

You're emotions are clouding your perception of what I'm actually saying.  I've literally said in several threads that he has played great team ball.  In general, I continue to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt as the better prospect, yet you somehow keep suggesting that I believe otherwise.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:53 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

A++

You can't back that up with any evidence. 

I want Kyrie to prove he can carry this team the way IT did, and with the benefit of far more weapons at his disposal.  And to stop wearing mittens during post-game interviews. 

You're emotions are clouding your perception of what I'm actually saying.  I've literally said in several threads that he has played great team ball.  In general, I continue to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt as the better prospect, yet you somehow keep suggesting that I believe otherwise.

Your derision of people who absolutely love Kyrie is evident in your original lost I quoted.

Come on now.

You sound EXACTLY like people who kept finding ways to down play what IT was doing.