Author Topic: The trashing of IT begins...  (Read 4745 times)

Re: The trashing of IT begins...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
This is shameful and I don't believe a lick of it. All locker rooms have some kind of personality conflict. This is just click bait out of a non story. smh

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Forget about this  ..

IT4 deserves a tribute on the big screen before oct 17 game

The game's in Cleveland, but the sentiment is right. IT should be cheered at every single game he plays in Boston for the remainder of his career.

I don't think this season will be enough time for me to warm to Kyrie.  I literally could see myself torn and/or rooting for IT/Cleveland (who I despise) in the playoffs this season.  That's how much I adored the little guy.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 04:21:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is horrible.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 04:23:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think it's a rare star who doesn't annoy his own teammates to some degree. Think Larry Bird never p---ed anybody in his own locker room off? Jordan used to relentlessly taunt and even fight his own teammates. And with IT you have a vocal fiery guy, plus the added factor of defensive schemes largely based on covering up for him. It's a good recipe to get under some guys' skin.

Who knows about Broussard's sauces but I don't think "some teammates grumble about this star" should be at all surprising, or even undesirable up to a point.

EDIT: I will say what does bother me is the idea that Boston execs were planting these stories to make the trade look better. That is gross and a terrible look for the front office. Just not surprised or bothered that there might've been some friction with a guy with Isaiah's personality and competitiveness.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I hate this stuff.

Maybe true, maybe not. Certainly no hints leading up to now that it was true.

I really really hope the "sources" are not endorsed by, directed by, or include in any way Stevens, Ainge, Wyc. I like to think not; Stevens I wouldn't expect at all, Wyc seems to do a good job staying separate from the transactions, and, frankly, I don't think Danny cares enough what people think to try to run a Red Sox style smear campaign to justify a trade. I think Ainge just makes trades he thinks help and doesn't care what fans think, so doubt he would leak stuff.

I know people have to write something every day, but ugh.

Why can't we just conclude:
- This trade was shocking
- This trade was in some ways unprecedented
- Both teams (and fan bases) could rationally conclude they won the trade
- Both teams (and fan bases) could rationally conclude they lost the trade
- Probably means neither team got overtly ripped off
- Determining who "won" the trade will take years
---Does Boston make/win the finals within the next 3 years (the Horford-Hayward-Irving window)
---Does Lebron now stay because he clicks with Thomas and either loves whomever the Nets pick turns out to be or Cleveland packages that pick to get another Lebron target
---Does Lebron leave but the pick turns into the next Lebron
- IT was great for the C's, super fun to watch, will be missed, but team management felt Irving was better now and in the future...BOTH CAN BE TRUE AT THE SAME TIME.

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
doesn't sound believable to me.  wish this type of garbage wouldn't be pushed by the media.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Forget about this  ..

The game's in Cleveland, but the sentiment is right. IT should be cheered at every single game he plays in Boston for the remainder of his career.

I don't think this season will be enough time for me to warm to Kyrie.  I literally could see myself torn and/or rooting for IT/Cleveland (who I despise) in the playoffs this season.  That's how much I adored the little guy.

I guess there's the bright side, right? You get to either root for the Celtics or Isaiah in the Finals. Of course, you have to root for them while watching them get smacked by Golden State.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think the people who were burning his jersey are idiots and absolute complete and utter losers.

https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-isaiah-thomas-jersey-burning-begun-fans/

When did it become cool to burn a jersey when a guy was traded?

This is appalling, and stupid to boot. He wanted to stay, and he gave us his heart, soul, and health in the playoffs after his sister died tragically.  Much worse than the idea that teammates didn't like him that much.

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think the people who were burning his jersey are idiots and absolute complete and utter losers.

Seriously.  I'm wearing mine under my button-down at the office today in support of him.

Is this true?

It's technically a T-shirt and not a jersey, but otherwise, yes.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why does anyone care about anything Chris Broussard has to say? He texted with several executives who supposedly said something about what players not on their team said. That's not even hearsay, it's hearsay of hearsay.

*shrug*
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 04:33:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Seriously.  I'm wearing mine under my button-down at the office today in support of him.

Is this true?

It's technically a T-shirt and not a jersey, but otherwise, yes.

You are the man. 

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 04:35:22 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Forget about this  ..

I guess there's the bright side, right? You get to either root for the Celtics or Isaiah in the Finals. Of course, you have to root for them while watching them get smacked by Golden State.

Thanks for the healthier perspective.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 04:38:30 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Credit to Sully and Kelly for promptly calling out this nonsense.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I will say what does bother me is the idea that Boston execs were planting these stories to make the trade look better. That is gross and a terrible look for the front office. Just not surprised or bothered that there might've been some friction with a guy with Isaiah's personality and competitiveness.
And that's probably the most likely scenario.

Regardless, this is just clickbait bs.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
The fact that there are only 4 of Thomas' ex teammates remaining on the club makes Broussard's article look like total fiction.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.