Author Topic: List of Remaining NBA Free Agents  (Read 1170 times)

List of Remaining NBA Free Agents
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This isn't all remaining free agents, but ones that make most sense for C's

Who you want?

Lavoy Allen
Tony Allen
Matt Barnes
Andrew Bogut
Chris Bosh (doubtful)
Boris Diaw
Mike Dunleavy
Festus Ezeli
Gerald Green
Otago Splitter
Anderson Varajao
JaMychal  Green
Jordxan Hill
Kris Humpheries
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/current_free_agents

I'd go TA and Ezeli/Bogut( if they aren't done with injuries)

Re: List of Remaining NBA Free Agents
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Unless Boston could do a sign and trade for Noel or J. Green, I honestly think I'd take a flyer on Bosh.  No one else moves the needle at all so missing out on them does nothing and is thus worth the risk.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:27:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Unless Boston could do a sign and trade for Noel or J. Green, I honestly think I'd take a flyer on Bosh.  No one else moves the needle at all so missing out on them does nothing and is thus worth the risk.

If Bosh is able to play 10 games, his salary goes back on the Heat's books, pushing them far into the luxury tax this season and next season.  Might see them forced to make some salary dumps.

In other words, even if it didn't work out, there is still value in Bosh.  But I think he's done, and finally accepted it.  And I can't anticipate the Celtics being a team to try to convince him otherwise.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:27:33 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Bogut is intriguing at only 32.  His last injury was a broken leg that should heal.  But I didn't realize he was such a bad FT shooter.  About 55% career and he was 3-11 last season before Dallas cut him.  That is free throws!

We could really use a solid big.  I don't like going into the season with Theis and Yabusele as our big depth.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 03:31:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

If Bosh is able to play 10 games, his salary goes back on the Heat's books, pushing them far into the luxury tax this season and next season.  Might see them forced to make some salary dumps.

In other words, even if it didn't work out, there is still value in Bosh.  But I think he's done, and finally accepted it.  And I can't anticipate the Celtics being a team to try to convince him otherwise.
that is an added bonus to Bosh, but if he could get his clotting under control, he could be a real difference maker.  that is why I'd take a chance on him if I could get a lot of doctors to sign off on an acceptable and approved medication regimen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 03:40:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Are these still the rules? I thought it was 25 games now, and the money might not go back in Miami's books if Bosh did come back due to an "elevated risk of death" clause.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I like Lavoy Allen since he's a very good rebounder. Not on your list but perhaps a good guard who can put up points is Leandro Barbosa.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'm all in on Tony Allen, provided JaMychal Green is unrealistic.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Are these still the rules? I thought it was 25 games now, and the money might not go back in Miami's books if Bosh did come back due to an "elevated risk of death" clause.

My mistake.  I missed that change.

EDIT: Although I believe Miami was granted relief in June, so it's not clear which CBA would apply should Bosh be allowed to return to the NBA in the future.  My guess is the current one, but I can imagine a petty owner making an issue of it.  Although it's probably moot.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:00:43 PM by saltlover »