Author Topic: IT is P---ED  (Read 3104 times)

Re: IT is P---ED
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 10:58:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He doesn't get paid to be happy.

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
However fictitious this story is, it's a given that he would be p---ed! If he wasn't I would be surprised. 
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He's going to go scorched earth on the Cs.

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I dont think you could have possibly made this less believable.

I mean, I'm an anonymous poster on a internet forum... it was always going to be hard to believe. But if you want to take my word for it, which you should, it's fun basketball gossip.

I promise I'm more legit than Keith Smith. Does that make you feel better?
Im just saying that if you are gonna make up an "inside scoop" just try to make it sound like a little bit possible next time. IDK maybe start with a rough draft and run it by some friends and then build that out into an almost believable story.

I have high hopes that your next attempt will be far more successful.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
Here's the nightmare scenario.  Cleveland nixes the deal due to IT's hip, IT is forced to come back and refuses to re-sign as payback.

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Ok ok, I know, this is coming from a shady source, but my cousin works in the same building as the C's practice facility. He's a grown ass adult and I see no reason for him to lie about this. This is the text he just sent me:

Can't make this up. One of the doctors that works at health point dropped his phone in the parking lot. One of my managers found it and as she was holding it, a text message from Isaiah Thomas popped up "This is ****in bull****. I can't believe they did this to me. After everything I've done for the organization."

DEAR DIARY!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
I dont think you could have possibly made this less believable.

I disagree.

It could have been less believable if the OP had referenced his cousin's Canadian girlfriend as the source ("I swear, it's real, but you'll never meet her because she lives in Toronto!") or if it came from the pizza guy after the OP opened his door and said, "Hey, I didn't order a pizza!"...

And to the OP, a TP for you because my bitterness comes from my being in a p---y mood this morning, much like IT probably is.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Ok ok, I know, this is coming from a shady source, but my cousin works in the same building as the C's practice facility. He's a grown ass adult and I see no reason for him to lie about this. This is the text he just sent me:

Can't make this up. One of the doctors that works at health point dropped his phone in the parking lot. One of my managers found it and as she was holding it, a text message from Isaiah Thomas popped up "This is ****in bull****. I can't believe they did this to me. After everything I've done for the organization."

1. I don't find this believable at all.

2. Danny and Brad made IT's career. Before this he was a role player - a bench spark plug - who wouldn't get more than $15/m in FA (and that's being generous). Danny traded for him and put him in a system where he could shine. Now someone is going to give him $25m+ a year for 4 years. While he's helped the team, the team has helped him just as much. He has nothing to complain about.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
I'm not one to make up stories or rumors, so please consider that while I tell you this TRUE story.

My parents have an old school box tv connected to a rooftop antenna. For years, whenever we turned the tv to a blank channel, full of static, we would pick up the audio from people's personal cell phone calls. This morning I stopped by my parents' house to pick up some laundry. I turned the television randomly to channel 59 (my favorite) and there was audio of someone who said his name was Isaiah. He was talking about how angry he was at being [inaudible] to Cleveland, and that someone named Manny Hainge(??), really let him down with some bad news.

The audio went in and out for several seconds then I swear to god I heard the speaker make like a 'wince' due to pain and said he had to sit down for a while.

I'm only telling you what I heard.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
well.....he has to survive injuries now with Lebron as his coach ,  ALpHA dog hovering over him .

If IT has more injuries his Brink Truck could turn into a small Wheelbarrow.

IT now has to start from scratch , come back from a bad injury and RE prove himself to Lebron and new team .......and worse re earn his Brinks Truck with a new organization .....who just might be on the total rebuild IF Lebron doesn't make the finals.   ......Whew ....talk about a gutt punch.

An injury and failure for Cavs to reach finals could mean his demise..or worse traded off by the Cavs in a rebuilding mode for picks or let walk to a team for peanuts signing once again.

He is under alot MOrE pressure from Team Lebron

AND

unlike Boston ......the CAVs owe him NOtHInG .....no gratitude.......nada ......they will use IT for cannon fodder .....

IT has to pray and pray hard his hip holds up .....or he might be better off in the NBA booth.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:18:04 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
He got traded to Cleveland - it's not like he's stuck in Brooklyn or Sacto.

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 12:16:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I believe you; TP.  Sounds about right.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I'm not one to make up stories or rumors, so please consider that while I tell you this TRUE story.

My parents have an old school box tv connected to a rooftop antenna. For years, whenever we turned the tv to a blank channel, full of static, we would pick up the audio from people's personal cell phone calls. This morning I stopped by my parents' house to pick up some laundry. I turned the television randomly to channel 59 (my favorite) and there was audio of someone who said his name was Isaiah. He was talking about how angry he was at being [inaudible] to Cleveland, and that someone named Manny Hainge(??), really let him down with some bad news.

The audio went in and out for several seconds then I swear to god I heard the speaker make like a 'wince' due to pain and said he had to sit down for a while.

TP You are pathetic...why are you listening in on other people's telephone calls. That's just plain wrong. Please stop... : ) 

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The C's made him a star. It works both ways
This.  If this story is true, it may be an emotional reaction, the same you might get if your boss said you had been relocated to a different division someplace else. 

Still, IT has consistently said he is grateful for having his career revived in Boston.  Now he goes to a title contender.  Doubt he will remain upset.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I heard it's more like Channel 57 without shoes on  ;)