Author Topic: Hayward and the trade  (Read 965 times)

Hayward and the trade
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm still processing the trade - sad for IT, not a fan of Irving although I understand the rationale - but I'm wondering if Hayward knew about this scenario before signing or, if he did not, if he could feel "cheated".

I've followed the NBA news from afar this summer and I assume the Irving wakting out rumors started after Hayward's signing but still. Thoughts?

Re: Hayward and the trade
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It's not like Ainge swapped IT for a 2021 first-round pick and went into rebuild mode, which is the kind of thing that would leave Hayward feeling betrayed.

If anything he went in the other direction. He swapped a valuable pick and some players for a player who promises to be a long-run talent upgrade in the starting lineup.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:14:50 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Not sure how Hayward could feel "cheated" from losing a guy he never played a minute with for a guy who is arguably much better.
The 2018 BRK pick means nothing to Hayward, he wants to win now and Kyrie gives him a better chance to do that.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Not sure how Hayward could feel "cheated" from losing a guy he never played a minute with for a guy who is arguably much better.
The 2018 BRK pick means nothing to Hayward, he wants to win now and Kyrie gives him a better chance to do that.

Good point, but I meant "cheated" if the team sold him on his duo with IT with whom he won't play a minute now.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Good point, but I meant "cheated" if the team sold him on his duo with IT with whom he won't play a minute now.

I think the only way Hayward would feel cheated is if CBS decided to take the Indiana coaching job after he recruited him to come here. I truly believe reuniting with CBS was the reason for his signing, not teaming up with IT.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 09:02:34 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
They probably consulted him and he went "Oh you mean we now have PG locked up for years with a championship level player and I get Jae's minutes?"