Author Topic: What's your win prediction now?  (Read 6389 times)

Re: What's your win prediction now?
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
High 40s.

This team is very young and will take time to get it together.  I think they'll be on a similar level to the Wizards and Raptors all season.

Kyrie will score almost as much as IT did last year, perhaps with better defense.  Hayward will score 18-20 a game with solid playmaking and defense thrown in.  Horford will be a 14-6-5 guy who helps everybody play better and keeps the team functioning on both ends.

Everybody else will have to figure out how they fit into this new team.

The hope will have to be that Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford figure out how to jam together by playoff time, and Jaylen and Jayen develop enough to have some big games when it matters.

High 40s?   Ouch.

I can't see Brad letting that happen.  Personally, I think the C's are about to storm the east. 

Kyrie won't need too much time to gel, not with players like Hayward and Horford alongside him.  Basketball is going to be easy for them.   Brad had been waiting for something like this for some time, I expect this new group to come out a well-oiled machine. 

Gordon and Kyrie is comparable to Curry and Thompson.

And we still have Smart, whom no one -- especially Curry or IT -- wants to face.   

Not to mention, we may also be sitting on the ROY.   

I like our makeup.  And I think this trade made the Cavs much worse.  Corrosive to their chemistry, trading their 2nd best player to a top rival.  And Kyrie is going to know -- time is now to back up that trade demand.

We're going to be good.  2008 good, but that still may not be enough to beat GSW. 

65 wins.

This is...something.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
50+
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
same as ever. 82-0.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
I had 57 and sticking with post trade. But I am now switching from the Celts losing to the Cavs in 7 in the ECF and I am taking the Celts in 6 against the Warriors.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 06:05:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
My win prediction is swept by Cavs in the playoffs

Lol we're going to the Finals, brah.

It's going to be hilarious when Brad *literally* exploits IT defensively every trip up the floor. There's simply going to be nowhere for him to hide, and Brad is savvy enough to realize this, especially after seeing it work so well when Washington employed this tactic.
Good luck stopping Bron and IT on defense. What are you gonna do? Use Marcus Smart and Jaeeee....oh, I mean Kyrie and Jaylen.

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 06:09:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
High 40s.

This team is very young and will take time to get it together.  I think they'll be on a similar level to the Wizards and Raptors all season.

Kyrie will score almost as much as IT did last year, perhaps with better defense.  Hayward will score 18-20 a game with solid playmaking and defense thrown in.  Horford will be a 14-6-5 guy who helps everybody play better and keeps the team functioning on both ends.

The hope will have to be that Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford figure out how to jam together by playoff time, and Jaylen and Jayen develop enough to have some big games when it matters.

High 40s?   Ouch.

I can't see Brad letting that happen.  Personally, I think the C's are about to storm the east. 

Kyrie won't need too much time to gel, not with players like Hayward and Horford alongside him.  Basketball is going to be easy for them.   Brad had been waiting for something like this for some time, I expect this new group to come out a well-oiled machine. 

And we still have Smart, whom no one -- especially Curry or IT -- wants to face.   

I like our makeup.  And I think this trade made the Cavs much worse.  Corrosive to their chemistry, trading their 2nd best player to a top rival.  And Kyrie is going to know -- time is now to back up that trade demand.

We're going to be good.  2008 good, but that still may not be enough to beat GSW. 

65 wins.

This is...something.

I think this is reasonable. I'd say the gap between Curry and Irving is about the same as the gap between Hayward and Thompson, who I think is an overall more complete player than Thompson.

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

It's going to be hilarious when Brad *literally* exploits IT defensively every trip up the floor. There's simply going to be nowhere for him to hide, and Brad is savvy enough to realize this, especially after seeing it work so well when Washington employed this tactic.
Good luck stopping Bron and IT on defense. What are you gonna do? Use Marcus Smart and Jaeeee....oh, I mean Kyrie and Jaylen.

Marcuz/ Rozier on IT

Jaylen, Tatum, Morris  on LeBron

May also sign someok like TA who can spend time defending both.

Who on Cle is going to guard Kyrie Irving ?

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Huh? Lol

Smart, Rozier, Brown, Hayward, and Morris have a much better chance of limiting IT and Lebron than they have of limiting of Kyrie and Hayward. They literally, not figuratively, have no person who can even think about containing Kyrie. Hell, AB and Smart, two of the best defenders in the league, couldn't do it, so Cleveland has no chance in hell in containing him.

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Huh? Lol

Smart, Rozier, Brown, Hayward, and Morris have a much better chance of limiting IT and Lebron than they have of limiting of Kyrie and Hayward. They literally, not figuratively, have no person who can even think about containing Kyrie. Hell, AB and Smart, two of the best defenders in the league, couldn't do it, so Cleveland has no chance in hell in containing him.

TP....nailed it JP

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
High 40s.

High 40s?   Ouch.

65 wins.

This is...something.

I think this is reasonable. I'd say the gap between Curry and Irving is about the same as the gap between Hayward and Thompson, who I think is an overall more complete player than Thompson.

I think this is insane. Curry comes in at 4 in my player ranks, but more importantly he fits into the elite superstar tier. I have Hayward as a star in the 15-17 range and Irving and Thompson roughly on par with each other in the 17-20 range. This isn't even to mention that the comparison is kind of bizarre in that we're not looking at the two backcourts, and we're not looking at the teams' top two players. These players are cherry-picked to make Boston look good, and they fail to even do that.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Curry is right there with Bron, KD, and Kawhi for most impactful player in the league.

Irving has been a top 10-20 guy.  Maybe he's more impactful than that on the Celts in an expanded role.  He may have the talent to equal Curry -- though likely never what Curry did in 2016 during the regular season -- but he hasn't been particularly close to this point.

Klay and Hayward are comparable talents, perhaps, but I think Klay's exceptional shooting is more of an outlier skill than anything Hayward brings to the table, so he's more difficult for the other team to handle.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:40:25 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Curry is right there with Bron, KD, and Kawhi for most impactful player in the league.

Irving has been a top 10-20 guy.  Maybe he's more impactful than that on the Celts in an expanded role.  He may have the talent to equal Curry -- though likely never what Curry did in 2016 during the regular season -- but he hasn't been particularly close to this point.

Klay and Thompson are comparable talents, perhaps, but I think Klay's exceptional shooting is more of an outlier skill than anything Hayward brings to the table, so he's more difficult for the other team to handle.

Klay and Thompson? I'd go so far as to say identical  ;D.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2017, 06:59:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Klay and Thompson are comparable talents, perhaps, but I think Klay's exceptional shooting is more of an outlier skill than anything Hayward brings to the table, so he's more difficult for the other team to handle.
Agree with all of that but I think it's worth noting that Curry didn't even make an all star team until his 5the season when he was 25 (the age that Kyrie will be this coming season) and he wasn't a top 5 MVP candidate until he was 26. Irving, having spent 6 years under Lebron, hasn't had a chance to break out and this could be the season he realizing his potential a la Curry in '15 or '16.

BTW, Looking at Curry's numbers, it's sort of bizarre that he didn't make the AS game in his 4th year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2017, 07:01:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Marcuz/ Rozier on IT

Jaylen, Tatum, Morris  on LeBron

May also sign someok like TA who can spend time defending both.

Who on Cle is going to guard Kyrie Irving ?
I'd consider putting Lebron on him.