Author Topic: Irving / Smart Backourt  (Read 1028 times)

Irving / Smart Backourt
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:13:56 PM »

Offline The_Truth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'm pretty excited about having this duo on the court. They can complement well and fed off each other's energy on offense/defense. Thoughts? Excited about this season!

Re: Irving / Smart Backourt
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like Smart being there to help Kyrie. Kyrie needs players who can offset his selfishness on the court. Who will keep the ball moving and keep other players involved because Kyrie regularly fails to do that as a PG. So starting a second PG next to Kyrie is something I am a fan of.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:25:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Smart needs to increase his FG% by 3-4 percentage points.  I am convinced that's the most important thing to lead to success this season.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think Smart will be a 6th man to make sure nothing crazy happens in the 2nd unit, we've got enough playmaking in the starting lineup with Hayward and Horford helping out. I think Brown will start at SG to give us some more versatility and size.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:35:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smart needs to increase his FG% by 3-4 percentage points.  I am convinced that's the most important thing to lead to success this season.

yes .....key point

Irving demands alot of attention , Smart has to make the open shots and take his man down low at higjer rates .

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:42:18 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm. excited to see what CBS can draw up with Irving and Hayward .  Prime young studs . Stir with Brown , Horford and Smart .   Should be tasty.

He made steak out of hamburger with IT , Crowder and Turner .  Type of coaching Pop seemed to get out of nobodies turned into Spurs stars.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 07:46:53 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

He made steak out of hamburger with IT , Crowder and Turner .

This is the logic that justifies the trade. If you believe CBS+Kyrie >>> CBS+IT, and if you also believe that the Brooklyn pick won't be that good this year, then it makes a lot more sense.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I like Smart being there to help Kyrie. Kyrie needs players who can offset his selfishness on the court. Who will keep the ball moving and keep other players involved because Kyrie regularly fails to do that as a PG. So starting a second PG next to Kyrie is something I am a fan of.
I'm curious how Irving will react when Smart gets on him for some of his various bad habits. Not sure how he'll respond to that.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:46:43 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I'm excited about Irving and Brown.