Author Topic: Horford next?  (Read 4147 times)

Re: Horford next?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
State of the Celtics under Ainge- trade everyone and everything you can the thrill of the deal makes it worth making no one knows for sure how these things will turn out.  Mark Blount and Scals contracts still haunt me

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
14 points and 7 rebounds on 44% or so shooting isn't going to cut it for $30M a year.

If you just see Horford's value based on numbers, that's all said.

I dont give much weight to people whos opinion is solely based on numbers without context. Its very sad.

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Horford is the only adult in the room left, so I doubt he goes this season. But could see him being traded after this season, given his age. 

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 12:46:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
14 points and 7 rebounds on 44% or so shooting isn't going to cut it for $30M a year.

If you just see Horford's value based on numbers, that's all said.

I dont give much weight to people whos opinion is solely based on numbers without context. Its very sad.
Horford is a very valuable player. He also probably isn't 30-million-salary-slot type of valuable. These are not mutually exclusive.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 01:09:25 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Horford will be the glue on our Team. Tatum will be our 3rd star.
I believe DA brought in KI for his window. It will hurt us in Free Agency if we trade him without him signing off on it.

I think he will leave on his player option if he sees we can't win with this group.
I love the way he plays.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek