Author Topic: Kyrie Irving Wants To Be An Alpha Right?  (Read 1742 times)

Kyrie Irving Wants To Be An Alpha Right?
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »

Offline Bumb_Celtic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Something to think about: Kyrie Irving wanted to be an Alpha Dog right and wanted to get out from underneath LeBrons shadow, so does that mean this is it for us as far as huge blockbuster deals are concerned? And I don't mean for just this year, but if the Celtics traded for lets say Anthony Davis next summer doesn't that put Kyrie right back in the sidekick role? I don't like this trade... this is just something else to think about. If we trade for ANOTHER Superstar player doesn't this just leave Kyrie once again unhappy?

Re: Kyrie Irving Wants To Be An Alpha Right?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
How are we getting Anthony Davis?

In a real, logical way I mean.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:37 PM »

Offline Bumb_Celtic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Smart, Brown, and Tatum, Lakers pick, + other picks and contracts matching up for AD ... Idk that's not my point.... the point is doesn't this handcuff the Celtics if they want to keep their now Star player happy?

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Smart, Brown, and Tatum, Lakers pick, + other picks and contracts matching up for AD ... Idk that's not my point.... the point is doesn't this handcuff the Celtics if they want to keep their now Star player happy?

No, because it's silly to plan around a player we don't currently have and who we have no solid, tangible proof we will have a chance at in the future.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
And I don't mean for just this year, but if the Celtics traded for lets say Anthony Davis next summer doesn't that put Kyrie right back in the sidekick role? I don't like this trade... this is just something else to think about. If we trade for ANOTHER Superstar player doesn't this just leave Kyrie once again unhappy?

I think if we trade for another superstar like Ant Davis, Kyrie will be more like the #1b and he would be OK with that.  This is entirely speculation, but I always sensed that his issue was he was viewed as a clear #2, a significant level below the guy he didn't even like as his #1.

When we brought in KG (clearly the better overall superstar), Pierce was still our 1b and very happy.  Similarly, I think Kyrie would be cool with that if we were able to.  Just my speculation though.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:00:45 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
And I don't mean for just this year, but if the Celtics traded for lets say Anthony Davis next summer doesn't that put Kyrie right back in the sidekick role? I don't like this trade... this is just something else to think about. If we trade for ANOTHER Superstar player doesn't this just leave Kyrie once again unhappy?

I think if we trade for another superstar like Ant Davis, Kyrie will be more like the #1b and he would be OK with that.  This is entirely speculation, but I always sensed that his issue was he was viewed as a clear #2, a significant level below the guy he didn't even like as his #1.

When we brought in KG (clearly the better overall superstar), Pierce was still our 1b and very happy.  Similarly, I think Kyrie would be cool with that if we were able to.  Just my speculation though.

Agree I think the problem was just LeBum

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:40 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Something to think about: Kyrie Irving wanted to be an Alpha Dog right and wanted to get out from underneath LeBrons shadow, so does that mean this is it for us as far as huge blockbuster deals are concerned? And I don't mean for just this year, but if the Celtics traded for lets say Anthony Davis next summer doesn't that put Kyrie right back in the sidekick role? I don't like this trade... this is just something else to think about. If we trade for ANOTHER Superstar player doesn't this just leave Kyrie once again unhappy?

Kyrie is older so I don't think he would view it the same way as being Lebrons underling.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 05:53:40 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Simple, we trade him for AD :)

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, Kyrie will get his opportunity.

I hope he's ready and I believe he WILL be.

And even "IF" we get AD down the road Kyrie will still be The Alpha. He's already been to the Finals 3 years in a row and performed admirably there the last 2 years.

If this is what Kyrie wanted then I have to believe he's ready.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:09:46 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Irving didn't want to be the alpha, he just didn't want to play with LeBron anymore aside didn't want to stay in the ever changing Cleveland management structure
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 06:46:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He wanted a real coach and normal situation.    .....got to think he was tired of punching the clock for Lebron

Lebron ...the player , coach , GM .....controller of the team. .....Dictator of Club Lebron

Chris Bosh said it got old being under Lebrons watchful eye and playing your role down 24/7

Lebrons n can't function in a structured team .   He is spoiled and used to getting his way all the time.

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 07:07:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You know Brad was talking to Coach K probably.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

There's no worse sidekick role than one behind James. I don't think there's any other superstar which has more roles in a franchise than LeBron has. Which means Kyrie would appriciate any shadow except LeBron's. Guy just wants some fresh air. That's all.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Don't think about Anthony Davis, just stop.  You are worrying about something that's not likely to happen anyway.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I am not worried about whether or not marrying my beautiful wife is going to affect my chances with Janelle Monae.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008