Author Topic: Ainge: "lets see what else happens" (ended conference call on trade with that)  (Read 5976 times)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
who else is on the block?

Have you been paying attention this offseason?  Virtually everyone is on the block, from the looks of it.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
He has his eye on a top big man and it's not Noel, Cousins or Drummond.  I'm guessing they're under 29 years old based on Kyrie & Hayward, so not Marc Gasol.  I don't think he necessarily pulls anything off, but that sounds like Porzingis or Davis to me.

I think the funniest would be a move for Klay though.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This trade has left me in shock but Danny always seems to win these trades even when they look like he lost the trade or it was an even trade at the time. Danny is taking some big risks this year but that's why he gets the big money. DA only has one goal and that is to win another banner. I am still in shock but I'll be ready for training camp!

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Have you been paying attention this offseason?  Virtually everyone is on the block, from the looks of it.

There isn't much of a block left anymore!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

i haven't heard of anyone lately.    who?   melo doesn't fit.  who are kyrie's boys?

okafur for the duke connection?

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
He has his eye on a top big man and it's not Noel, Cousins or Drummond.  I'm guessing they're under 29 years old based on Kyrie & Hayward, so not Marc Gasol.  I don't think he necessarily pulls anything off, but that sounds like Porzingis or Davis to me.

I think the funniest would be a move for Klay though.

Either would make me a pretty happy dude!

As would Cousins for that matter.

At this point I would welcome just about anybody above 6'10" who rebounds and either scores/defends.

Here is a list of all the bigs I can think of who may potentially be available:

* Cousins ($18.0m - Possible concerns over fit with AD in New Orleans)
* Greg Monroe ($17.8m - I get the feeling the Bucks aren't that in to him)
* Nic Vucevic ($12.2m - Seems to have been on the block a lot lately)
* Jahlil Okafor ($4.9m - Clearly seems outside of Philly's plans)
* Marcin Gortat ($12.8m - I think I read that he was unhappy in Washington)
* Julius Randle ($4.1m - Is he in Lakers' long term plans?)
* Robin Lopez ($13.8m - Possible rebuild in Chicago?)
* Thadeus Young ($14.9m - Possible rebuild in Indiana?)
* Al Jefferson ($9.7m - Possible rebuild in Indiana?)
* Kenneth Faried ($12.9m - Not much to cling to in Denver really...)
* Deandre Jordan ($22.6m - Will the new GM decide to rebuild with CP3 gone?)
* Gorgui Dieng ($14.1m - Might be redundant with Towns and Gibson there)
* Tyson Chandler ($13m - Does he have anything left?)
* Lemarcus Aldridge ($21.4m - Reportedly wants out of San Antonio)
* Derrick Favors ($12M - Could Jazz decide to rebuild after losing Hayward?)
* Krisaps Porzingis ($4.5m - Recent dramas, etc)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:39:47 AM by crimson_stallion »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I think this trade is the definition of "blockbuster."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I think this trade is the definition of "blockbuster."
fireworks for sure
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Porzingis would make sense in terms of being someone that's been rumored to be available, he's someone Ainge would like, and he makes us much better both in the short term and the long term.

The question there would be what we'd need to send to NY in order to get him, and whether or not the Knicks would be willing to trade their franchise player to a longtime rival. Not only would the Knicks be trading him to a longtime rival, but to a longtime rival that - in this scenario - would then become serious title contenders for years to come.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
2 of the 3 guys that were recently put on the block are gone in AB and Jae with Smart the only one standing. Maybe he isn't safe either. IT4 was said to have been on the block before last season and now he's gone. I almost forgot about Roze but if we go by reports he has been on the block his entire (short) career.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
What does Smart and the Lakers pick get us?  Jabari?

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Hard to trade Smart now IMO. Financially, paying him next summer is more viable now, and he's an excellent long-term complement to Kyrie.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/SMyW0Pbr8ks

^Full ainge conference call on kyrie

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Hard to trade Smart now IMO. Financially, paying him next summer is more viable now, and he's an excellent long-term complement to Kyrie.

I've traditionally not been the biggest fan of Smart's fit for this team, but after this trade I have to agree. 

With Hayward and Kyrie out there we now have enough offensive firepower and outside shooting that we can afford to play smart at the starting SG spot and utilise his defence, physicality and energy. 

That trio of Kyrie / Marcus / Gordon could actually be very tough.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Porzingis would make sense in terms of being someone that's been rumored to be available, he's someone Ainge would like, and he makes us much better both in the short term and the long term.

The question there would be what we'd need to send to NY in order to get him, and whether or not the Knicks would be willing to trade their franchise player to a longtime rival. Not only would the Knicks be trading him to a longtime rival, but to a longtime rival that - in this scenario - would then become serious title contenders for years to come.
Porzingas makes a lot of sense for the hint Danny gave. His contract would be easy to match and the Celtics can trade a ton of picks to the Knicks. Porzingas' relationship with NYK's front office could be irreparable and he could have asked for a trade. We don't know for sure. But

To NYK: Yabusele, Larkin, LA/Sac pick, 2018 Boston pick, Memphis pick, 2020 Boston pick
To Boston: Porzingas

Irving/Rozier
Brown/Smart/Nader
Hayward/Tatum/Ojeleye
Porzinga/Morris/Theis
Horford/Baynes

Cash in those pick assets Danny!!!