Author Topic: If I had told you this morning "We're trading IT AND the Brooklyn pick....  (Read 3513 times)

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Cavs made the deal for the pick. When LBJ leaves next season they are in full rebuild mode. Don't think IT stays there.

Crowder...thankful he is gone. He pouts and should be a bench guy. Cleveland really wanted Tatum. Boston said no.

IT was not coming back to boston next season. He is older, has a bad hip and Ainge was not backing up the truck to pay him. Zizic is young but nobody knows what he can do. The biggest loss is the pick

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Obviously, if we win a title, it worked. But if the BRK pick turns into Bagley or Porter and we aren't on GSW's level 2 years from now, we made a horrible trade. You can't trade away a potential generational talent and still fall short of the mark.

Ainge better pray that pick falls down the lottery or that Tatum becomes a superstar, otherwise, he's going to be roasted for this misstep.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Cavs made the deal for the pick. When LBJ leaves next season they are in full rebuild mode. Don't think IT stays there.

Crowder...thankful he is gone. He pouts and should be a bench guy. Cleveland really wanted Tatum. Boston said no.

IT was not coming back to boston next season. He is older, has a bad hip and Ainge was not backing up the truck to pay him. Zizic is young but nobody knows what he can do. The biggest loss is the pick
We also lost an all-nba guard who got mentioned in the MVP conversation last year

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And Zizic and Jae Crowder!"

Who would you have thought we were getting? What would have made you happy?

To me these were the acceptable answers in no order...obviously some were impossible

Durant
Anthony Davis
Steph Curry
Bron
Kawhi
Harden (wouldn't have liked it)
Bron
Giannis (woulda been on the fence)
KAT

I saw this post before going to bed. I thought eja was doing a thought experiment and moved on. I only found out the news after I woke up.
I find this post very funny...sorta tragically

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Eliminate emotion and fantasy trades, and the only part I don't like is the Nets pick had to be included. But I realize because of the hip issue, the Cavs needed some insurance. I still don't like it.

Honestly, I don't think Danny wanted to pay max to a 5-9 defensive liability, with a chronic hip problem, closing in on 30 years old.

Irving is 25 years old, scores just as well as IT, and will be doing it for years to come, and has the ability to defend at a fair level. He can be left alone as a defender most of the time, saving team energy.

I liked Crowder, but he would take minutes from Brown and Tatum who need to develop. Brown will be just as good of a defender as Jae, very shortly. I'm looking forward to watching both grow this year.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
People are GREATLY overrating IT's trade value, especially with his injury and contract concerns.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I have stated the two only things that worries me now is IT's injury and Jae's attitude :-[
They both gone now!! ;)

seems like Danny really share thoughts with me  :P

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don't hate the trade, but I don't like it either.

Obviously, if we win a title, it worked. But if the BRK pick turns into Bagley or Porter and we aren't on GSW's level 2 years from now, we made a horrible trade. You can't trade away a potential generational talent and still fall short of the mark.

Ainge better pray that pick falls down the lottery or that Tatum becomes a superstar, otherwise, he's going to be roasted for this misstep.

Maybe I'm out of my mind, but Kyrie Irving is a generational type of talent. Let's not forget, Cleveland probably wins two titles in a row, if Irving doesn't get injured in their first Finals appearance against Golden State. As great as LeBron was in their second Finals matchup, it was Kyrie who took over late in the fourth and hit the game winner in game 7 to help win the championship. 

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
BTW, I like Isaiah and truly appreciated everything that he did for the Celtics. However, I hated his "I'm a max guy" and "back up the brinks truck" comments. I don't need a supermodel to tell me she's beautiful, because something like that should speak for itself. If you feel the need to tell everyone your a max money type of player, then maybe you're actually not.