Author Topic: To Quote What Tony Massarotti Once Said: I. HATE. THIS. TRADE.  (Read 12566 times)

Re: To Quote What Tony Massarotti Once Said: I. HATE. THIS. TRADE.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 09:47:37 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Trades like this are why I just can't invest emotionally in the Celtics anymore. Just when you start to get excited for the future, you pay $1.50 on the dollar for a shoot first, no D PG.

Just awful. Never hated an Ainge trade more. Oh well, now I can ignore the Cs this year!!

Yeah and I got a Thomas jersey a year ago SMH.  :'(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/tonymassarotti/status/753715692294242308

He also got Hayward and Horford here and did get us a meeting with Durant that summer we got Horford too. And even after all that he's done... just seeing him traded away like this makes it look like the Celtics did him dirty.

Exactly - like meat on the hoof ................... and we trade Isaiah, who loved being a Celtic, for one of the most self-centered players in the league.

Yep, and now watch Irving not re-sign here in a few years and go somewhere else.  >:(

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Love it. 

lets roll. :)

Love this post or the trade?  ???

Love the trade.

Oh well.. That's unfortunate.  :P

We dont need 4 lottery players all looking for max money within a couple years.  We still have a great pick next year. Irving has the potential to be a better defensive player and I think he is a better player On O as well. Plus younger. We get the young wings the PT they need to reach their potential.  I think we did well. I think Cleveland did well. We will be a better team more capable of competing with the upper level teams east and west.  My opinion.  Time will tell.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:20:17 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

He also got Hayward and Horford here and did get us a meeting with Durant that summer we got Horford too. And even after all that he's done... just seeing him traded away like this makes it look like the Celtics did him dirty.

Exactly - like meat on the hoof ................... and we trade Isaiah, who loved being a Celtic, for one of the most self-centered players in the league.

Yep, and now watch Irving not re-sign here in a few years and go somewhere else.  >:(
I advise you to take a day off, look at the trade again then when you are less emotional. Serious comment not trying to patronise, I'm feeling pretty bummed out right about now too.

To believe this trade then you should believe Ainge didn't want to give IT the full max and he [dang] sure wanted that. So you have to weigh this up against IT walking at the end of the year. Then it seems more palatable.

Then, being brutal to you and myself, we need to take off the green goggles and admit that as good as Isaiah was last year, Kyrie has the higher ceiling in his game and will very likely have the better career from this point forward. Crowder and Zizic were throw ins here, the Brooklyn pick is the only thing to mourn past Isaiah.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 04:39:24 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I'm done.
First it was the K. Perkins trade that cost the C's a potential championship.
Then it was Tony Allen, James Posey, Rondo, Avery Bradley, etc., and now IT.
Snake Danny "loves" all these guys- yeah right!. The minute he gets a player he's on the phone trying to trade him.
No loyalty, no pride, no tradition, no stability- just constant shuffling of the deck.
And this latest trade sucks.
I've been a fan for almost 50 years but this is really the last straw.
The best part of watching the C's this year wil be Scal and Draper, plus Tommy. But I have no interest anymore.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 04:46:38 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Truly love this trade.

25 year-old All-Star!

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 05:53:44 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Celtics gave IT his chance by building the system around him and IT convert, and Ainge won't make the trade without IT's permission
so no, Celtic does not do IT dirty

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Phantom, if you want to lighten your mood then have a look at the latter half of this..

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/22/kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-trade-twitter-reactions

The bits on JR and the general NBA stuff at the end made me giggle.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 07:01:43 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
It does feel as if we did IT4 wrong. He heavily recruited Durant, KLove, and was instrumental in us getting Big Al and The Haymaker.

The Boston Celtics - perhaps more than ANY other NBA team in history besides maybe the Lakers - thrives on CHEMISTRY and HEART.

He "LOVED" BOS and promoted us big time. He has a HUGE heart and at least RIGHT NOW more grit than Kyrie.

For ME, it's easier to stay attached to IT4 since he WAS BOS (and in my heart will ALWAYS be).

But I trust Danny (and Coach Stevens).

I don't know Kyrie personally but I've questioned his character in relation to him wanting out of CLE....his dancing with Steph, etc, etc. But his talent is UNDENIABLE - as well as his youth.

Unless things fall apart here in BOS over the next few years (they WON'T) I can see him resigning here again. He'll have The Haymaker, Big Al, Jayson Tatum, Smart, Jaylen, Morris, Baynes and whomever else Danny brings in here with that Laker pick.

Jayson is a fellow Blue Devil so there's a connection right there. Didn't these two JUST take a picture together or something?

We "COULD" have yet ANOTHER Blue Devil next season in Marvelous Marvin Bagley. That will be THREE.

We could very well be called the Duke Celtics (or the Boston Blue Devils) here in the next year or so.

There's already been some speculation as to WHY it happened (IT's health, paying him the max, his defense, etc, etc, etc) has already been discussed. Danny (and Brad) knows a LOT more than any of us.

The heartstrings will be tough to break, indeed. IT playing through his sister's passing..........those HUGE games of his....... :'( :'(

This is not to even mention Jae. He was one of our better defenders and added a LOT of grit to this team as well.

Kyrie will have HUGE shoes to fill for us ALL on the EMOTIONAL side. Character-wise he will need to get to BOS and WORK hard. No dancing with Steph Curry. BOS is BUSINESS.

I have no doubt he will do this.

Talent-wise there is no denying Kyrie. I believe we will be marginally better overall.

As long as Kyrie gives LeBron the business on October 17 I'll be happy.

Danny Ainge showed me with the Perk trade that he can make moves regardless of how it could affect the team chemistry-wise. The "ONLY" good side in regards to chemistry is that the season has NOT started yet and we're still a few weeks away from Training Camp.

The Perk trade was made mid-season.

What is the saying - "Fortune Favors the Bold"? Well, Danny HAS been bold the last 7-8 years or so.

We'll be fine as a team. Just have to let this all settle in.

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, I slept on it, had dreams, woke up, and guess what...

I STILL HATE THIS TRADE.

But in my dream I had BOS-CLE in the ECF with Game 3 @TD Garden and Celtics DOWN 2-0. Kyrie scored 45 to win us the game. But I figure we lose to Cavs in ECF THIS season anyways LOL.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Mazz said that^ (link) in response to the Drew Pomeranz trade the Red Sox did last summer, and frankly, I thought the same thing about that one lol (a Top-15 prospect in ALL of MLB for a dang #3-4 starter???).

But this trade, is AWFUL. Cleveland won it.

Kyrie Irving is NOT that much better than Isaiah Thomas, and the fact that they needed to include the Brooklyn Pick in this deal (with NO protections)... YIKES. I'm not super upset about losing Zizic and Crowder (although I will miss Crowder a ton), but this deal overall.... YUCK.

Say what you want about Isaiah Thomas, but he's the ONLY reason this team made the playoffs in 2015 and made the ECF last season. He also got Hayward and Horford here and did get us a meeting with Durant that summer we got Horford too. And even after all that he's done... just seeing him traded away like this makes it look like the Celtics did him dirty.

I'm sorry, but I'm NOT a fan of this trade one bit. It will look A LOT worse if Brooklyn's pick lands 1-3 and the Cavs get any of Porter or Bagley (YUCK again...).

And what exactly is our big man depth behind Horford now? Baynes... then who?
perhaps worth noting the Red Sox look reasonably likely to win the Pomeranz trade right now.

Hes pitched like a high end #2 this season and the kid we gave up got hurt.

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Mazz said that^ (link) in response to the Drew Pomeranz trade the Red Sox did last summer, and frankly, I thought the same thing about that one lol (a Top-15 prospect in ALL of MLB for a dang #3-4 starter???).

But this trade, is AWFUL. Cleveland won it.

Kyrie Irving is NOT that much better than Isaiah Thomas, and the fact that they needed to include the Brooklyn Pick in this deal (with NO protections)... YIKES. I'm not super upset about losing Zizic and Crowder (although I will miss Crowder a ton), but this deal overall.... YUCK.

Say what you want about Isaiah Thomas, but he's the ONLY reason this team made the playoffs in 2015 and made the ECF last season. He also got Hayward and Horford here and did get us a meeting with Durant that summer we got Horford too. And even after all that he's done... just seeing him traded away like this makes it look like the Celtics did him dirty.

I'm sorry, but I'm NOT a fan of this trade one bit. It will look A LOT worse if Brooklyn's pick lands 1-3 and the Cavs get any of Porter or Bagley (YUCK again...).

And what exactly is our big man depth behind Horford now? Baynes... then who?
perhaps worth noting the Red Sox look reasonably likely to win the Pomeranz trade right now.

Hes pitched like a high end #2 this season and the kid we gave up got hurt.

Yeah it definitely looks better now. And I don't wish injury upon anyone but Espinoza having TJS makes this deal look good now, although I hope he does have a speedy recovery.

Pomeranz's performance this year has been huge and vital with Price being injured and Porcello having a down year (although he has looked really good the last 7-8 starts though).

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 11:21:13 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
IT was great for us, but tell me how is his hip? I'm hearing could still need surgery. IMO we are building a team and IT became great here because he was the man, to win a championship you need more than a 5'9" shooing guard that dominates the ball. IT's continual talk about "backing up the brinks truck" didn't help him IMO. But he should be thankful the C's allowed him to get to that point. On a better team he may not have reached his potential.

Trades are always hard to evaluate immediately, lets see how things shake out going forward. Also this deal really helps to manage the salary cap going forward so lets not forget that.