Poll

Do you like the reported trade of unprotected Nets Pick, Crowder, Zizic and IT for Irving?

Yes I love it all time great trade!
10 (8.5%)
Yea,  seems solid
31 (26.5%)
I don't hate it but not thrilled
31 (26.5%)
This seems bad, but not worst ever
28 (23.9%)
Worst I can remember!
17 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Poll: Do you like the trade  (Read 5001 times)

Re: Poll: Do you like the trade
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We made Cleveland worse, and us better.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is the worst trade Ainge has ever made. The reason being is Irving doesn't fit in green. People that disagree will see how he looks without LeBron to keep everyone in line on the floor.

reallly?? maybe when Kyrie was younger

Lebron keep everyone in line also means =  everyone is a puppet

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:25:06 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Awful complete overpay for a guy demanding a trade, you give up the nets pick and I would say maybe didn't get better and the cavs aren't worse. If the cavs trade him anywhere else they get worse and we have a chance to win the east this is the only way we didn't, and on top of that we gave up the nets pick.
Cavs don't have to trade him, he has 2 years left.  It however is expiring.  You can make the argument that C's are actually more desperate than the Cavs.  Good trade.

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
IT was an operation waiting to happen. Signing him at the Max, with his liabilities on D would have been a mistake.

I'll miss Crowder, good solid player, but we have Brown and Tatum.

Zizic I really wasn't excited about.

Adding the Nets pick was too much, what other options did the Cavs have besides the Celtics, that lead to the necessity to trade that pick?

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I don't know. I really don't. I can see argument for it and agains't it. I have no choice but to accept it and see how it plays out.
I guess this is me too. I trust ainge and Stevens.

Lets wait two years before judging this. Of course, if the Celtics win the championship I will improve my opinion of the trade.  ;D

To be honest, the idea is this roster core does intrigue me.

Irving
Hayward
Brown
Horford
Tatum
Smart
Morris
Rozier
Yabusele
Ojeleye

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Bad trade, gave up too much.  But it's obvious that the Nets pick was the dealbreaker.  I'm sure Ainge tried to offer others picks - e.g 2 Boston future 1st rounders, but the Cavs wanted the Nets pick.  Can't blame em.

We still have a good chance at landing a great pick this year with the Lakers pick, or the year after that.  And frankly, I love IT but his defensive liabilities were getting tiresome to watch.  Kyrie isn't known for his defense, but's not the sieve that IT is.

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 08:27:40 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I feel many are underrating Kyrie Irvin.

I give up either Brooklyn or LAL plus 2  valuable players in order to get him.

I've quoted my last post above.
Yes, I like it.  I do this deal all day.  Kyrie Irving will one day win an MVP.  He's already a top 5 player in this league.  In fact, I would rather have him then Lebron at this stage of their careers.

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 08:28:26 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think this is the first trade Danny Ainge has ever lost

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 08:28:37 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
This is the worst trade Ainge has ever made. The reason being is Irving doesn't fit in green. People that disagree will see how he looks without LeBron to keep everyone in line on the floor.

reallly?? maybe when Kyrie was younger

Lebron keep everyone in line also means =  everyone is a puppet

LeBron has a huge ego but let's not act like Kyrie doesn't either. He wanted to go to NY  of all places! At least LeBron would pass the ball.

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Went with the middle of the road.

Pros:

I am very excited to see what Brad can do with a player as talented as Kyrie.

IT's hip injury scares me, as does the aging curve for players his size.

I think we're undoubtedly a better team in 2017 than 2016, and while you can't grade the deal to include the Hayward signing, I prefer Hayward and Irving to Crowder and Thomas.

Kyrie is only 25, so it's possible that he still has some additional upside in an expanded role.

Cons:

The Brooklyn pick is a tough thing to lose. A quality big man would have been great to add to this core.

Even if Kyrie is a better bet going forward, is the upgrade over IT enough to warrant the price? That's unclear.

We still lack size, and losing Crowder and Zizic don't help that weakness.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am having a hard time with the BKN pick like many others.  My mind is saying don't worry as draft picks are often over-hyped but my heart is saying OMG, we just traded the next transcendent player.  I am actually OK with loosing IT as I am worried about his hip.

I will go on the record as worth doing, better for it, but with trepidation.  Best case we extend Irving and the BKN pick ends up more like 5, sigh of relief and fist pump.  Worst case, Irving walks and CLE gets #1.  This is true of most trades but especially so on this one, it is impossible to judge today.

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 08:29:53 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Come on, worst trade ever? Overreaction

At worst this is a wash.

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I'm middle of the road - slightly negative on this. The sky's not falling in but I feel we came up on the short end of the deal. We gave up 3 players plus a lottery pick for Kyrie and those players went to our division rival. I know Kyrie is a great player and is 2 years younger but giving up IT, Jae, Zizic AND the Brooklyn '18 pick? If it was IT and Jae I wouldn't have been thrilled as I have a lot of time for IT and he really helped our rebuild, but could live with it. Not happy about losing the Brooklyn pick. Ainge must really not want to pay IT the max next year to give up that much. I feel like Danny had the better hand with Cleveland pretty keen to deal Kyrie, unless there was another suitor that was really close as well.

One thing's for sure, IT will blossom even more in Cleveland with LeBum there drawing all the attention on the floor. Good move for him personally.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I like it, because we still have the Lakers pick.
Plus, I never wanted us to sign IT to a big contract because he could not even make it through the playoffs. IT has great courage, but he takes a pounding.

AND we kept our young guys (unless you think Zizic is the next AD or Towns) in Brown and Tatum. Plus some of your binkines in Smart and Rozier. Yabu and Semi as well.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Just curious, but what are the Cavs fans saying about this?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva