Author Topic: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap (UPDATE: Deal Done Did)  (Read 47331 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We complain about the Brooklyn pick now but there's a pretty decent chance that the Lakers pick could land higher than the Brooklyn pick.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Stephen A. Smith Reacts To Cavaliers Trading Kyrie Irving To Celtics | SportsCenter | ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCdf2X4K5A

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
So we got marginally better at pg, lose depth and our best draft pick next year, still have the same holes in roster needing to be filled. All so we could delay paying a max contract to our pg by a year.. Ainge haters might've been on to something these past years..
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Man, with Zizic gone now, it does seem like we'll need another bench big:

PG: Kyrie, Rozier
SG: Brown, Smart
SF: Hayward, Tatum, Semi
PF: Morris, Theis, Yabu
C: Horford, Baynes

I'm not all that comfortable with how young our bench is. Think we could get someone like Lavoy Allen, Brandon Bass, or Terrence Jones on a vet minimum contract?

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Let's not forget how badly Irving torched us in the playoffs, especially our best defender Avery Bradley. He was unstoppable.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Man, with Zizic gone now, it does seem like we'll need another bench big:

PG: Kyrie, Rozier
SG: Brown, Smart
SF: Hayward, Tatum, Semi
PF: Morris, Theis, Yabu
C: Horford, Baynes

I'm not all that comfortable with how young our bench is. Think we could get someone like Lavoy Allen, Brandon Bass, or Terrence Jones on a vet minimum contract?

Wish we could have grabbed Motiejunas before he went to China.

Re: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2017, 08:46:25 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
After processing this for a minute, I feel kinda sick.  Kyrie's an excellent player who's young, under contract and has already shown he can make championship-winning plays. He got sick of LeBron. It happens. Not a dealbreaker for me.

But while losing IT sucks but was understandable, losing Crowder too hurts, and giving up the UNPROTECTED BROOKLYN PICK is just a straight gut punch.  Who were we bidding against? We couldn't get them to bite on the Lakers/Kings contingency package instead?

Exactly how I feel. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If we weren't gonna sign IT (which we won't ever know for sure) and the pick lands outside the top 4-6 spots, I think we won the deal. If the pick lands in the top 2-3, we lost.

I probably need a day or two to fully process the trade, but right now, IMO it's that simple.
Maybe, but draft picks are a crap shoot no matter which way you look at it.

This trade was about getting "certainty".  IT was uncertain with his hip situation, draft picks are uncertain.  What is certain is that Horford/Hayward/Irving is a very, very good threesome.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
We complain about the Brooklyn pick now but there's a pretty decent chance that the Lakers pick could land higher than the Brooklyn pick.
How do you figure?  The Lakers look significantly better than the Nets to me.

« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Kyrie vs Lebron ECF finals would be war

I'm highly anticipating for this ....

actually can't wait until Oct 17 when Celtics meet the Cavs in the regular season opener

Its going to be kind of awkward to see IT4 in a Cavs uniform

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
So we got marginally better at pg, lose depth and our best draft pick next year, still have the same holes in roster needing to be filled. All so we could delay paying a max contract to our pg by a year.. Ainge haters might've been on to something these past years..

Harsh but yeah you have a point. Trusted Ainge up until this point. This trade feels like someone trying to shot their way to a title. Have a good young talented team that is going to take more time to come together. Pretty much rebooted the whole team and now we continue to wait for another move to still get over the hump.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHaQoRg3kD/

😂😂😂 "Shake and Bake is dead!"

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

Of course we were

« Reply #373 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Kyrie vs Lebron ECF finals would be war

I'm highly anticipating for this ....

actually can't wait until Oct 17 when Celtics meet the Cavs in the regular season opener

Its going to be kind of awkward to see IT4 in a Cavs uniform

Yeah, the Cavs vs Celtics matchups this season will certainly be crazy! Great ratings for the league at the very least.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
How do you figure?  The Lakers look significantly better than the Nets to me.

they do?  Lakers are a team full of youngsters.... except Lopez who lives on the injury reserve list

Nets added Crabbe,  Mozgov,  Russell, Carroll......... nothing amazing... but solid vets. 

Nets > Laker next season