Author Topic: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap (UPDATE: Deal Done Did)  (Read 47351 times)

Re: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2017, 08:30:51 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
It is basically the 2018 puck and 2 players. DA was not going to give IT the Money so he took KI. I trade the other three for KI everyday. We still have good pick for a young big. I like the Move. KI will be motivated and Gordon does not have to be ALPHA dog on the team. When Lebron leaves at the end of the Year we sail in 19 to the Finals. I think DA believes in Smart too.

"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2017, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
After processing this for a minute, I feel kinda sick.  Kyrie's an excellent player who's young, under contract and has already shown he can make championship-winning plays. He got sick of LeBron. It happens. Not a dealbreaker for me.

But while losing IT sucks but was understandable, losing Crowder too hurts, and giving up the UNPROTECTED BROOKLYN PICK is just a straight gut punch.  Who were we bidding against? We couldn't get them to bite on the Lakers/Kings contingency package instead?

« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2017, 08:32:06 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Ainge is a fool to give up that pick. Why did he hold it for just to trade it for Irving. Severely overpaid with a team that had to make a trade. This will come back and bite the C's in the ass.

« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
holy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..  kyrie!

« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Brooklyn 18? For Kyrie? Michael Porter is the best player in the deal.

« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900146591499145216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

Really hoping Irving buys into the system. With an engaged Kyrie, we're a much better team on both sides of the ball with a legit shot of knocking off the Warriors.

This team is very far away from the Warriors.
an entire country between 'em!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also forgot.... Awkward #2

Jae Crowder now having to share a locker room with .... JR Smith

« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ainge is a fool to give up that pick. Why did he hold it for just to trade it for Irving. Severely overpaid with a team that had to make a trade. This will come back and bite the C's in the ass.

so that in 2018-2019 ...  if IT4 walks

its crowder and zizic vs Kyrie

Cavs are not run by a dummy

« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900146591499145216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

Really hoping Irving buys into the system. With an engaged Kyrie, we're a much better team on both sides of the ball with a legit shot of knocking off the Warriors.

This team is very far away from the Warriors.

Have to disagree. They're still clearly the favorites, but we actually match-up pretty well with them.

I really like how our lineup of Kyrie, Brown/Smart, Hayward, Morris, and Horford matches up with their starting lineup, and now we don't have that major defensive mismatch with IT. And we're deep enough and young enough to play their uptempo game and run with them.

« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2017, 08:37:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

don't worry...we can get him with the lakers pick  ;D

« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2017, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

... and IT4 might be the second. He was better last year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2017, 08:38:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
After processing this for a minute, I feel kinda sick.  Kyrie's an excellent player who's already shown he can make championship-winning plays. He got sick of LeBron. It happens.  But while losing IT sucks but was understandable, losing Crowder too hurts, and giving up the UNPROTECTED BROOKLYN PICK is just a straight gut punch.  Who were we bidding against?

Who were we bidding against is my big issue too...

But we've gotta remember that where this BKN pick ends up is a crap shoot.  There will be more teams tanking from day 1 this season than last.  Even if Brooklyn does end up worst in the league, it still requires luck to land a top pick.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i like that we got the ONE PERSON who wouldn't put up with lebron's crap

he said ENOUGH
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
If we weren't gonna sign IT (which we won't ever know for sure) and the pick lands outside the top 4-6 spots, I think we won the deal. If the pick lands in the top 2-3, we lost.

I probably need a day or two to fully process the trade, but right now, IMO it's that simple.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We lose the trade only for next year. In the long run, the Celtics win this deal.

Now when Bron goes out the game, IT is the go to guy. I trust that Stevens already knows how to defend him. Who do the Cavs have to defend Irving? Now with Crowder gone, the Celtics have no one to defend Bron...well they didn't before either but now it's all on Brown, Semi, Morris.

Like you said, Crowder never guarded Lebron well either. He was actually fairly mediocre defensively all year last year. I think Hayward, Morris, Brown, and Smart will do a much better job containing Lebron this year than what Crowder did last year.