Author Topic: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap (UPDATE: Deal Done Did)  (Read 47690 times)

Re: ShamBomb: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #330 on: August 22, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
The pick thing doesn't actually bother me.

The team has enough young guys, there's only so many you can develop at once.

This.

And again, this is a trade that has to have support from ownership and Coach Stevens. I'm actually okay.

Eh, I still think this is too big of a risk for there not to be something else at play here, like:

1) The Brooklyn pick being top-1 protected with them getting the LA pick if it doesn't convey, and/or

2) IT was simply going for the highest payday next year, regardless of where it was, and/or

3) IT's hip injury is worse than is being let on.

It wouldn't surprise me if IT's hip ended up being part of the issue, especially after Brad talked about it yesterday in uncertain terms. They might've received a less than favorable prognosis about it in the last several days and decided to go this route recently.

« Reply #331 on: August 22, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I had to put my daughter to bed and get my air conditioner fixed (fun).  Holy crap we actually did it???? This fast???

« Reply #332 on: August 22, 2017, 08:15:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
The pick thing doesn't actually bother me.

The team has enough young guys, there's only so many you can develop at once.

This.

And again, this is a trade that has to have support from ownership and Coach Stevens. I'm actually okay.

I get it, but it's still to much value to give up.

If were getting some more things back, maybe a future Cavs pick for it, it would have been easier.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »

Offline LaBran Jaymes

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
We lost this trade big time.

Re: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2017, 08:17:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Also after much consideration + prayer I've decided scoops by Shams shall be know as "ShamWow"s from here on out.

EDIT: Swear I just saw this:

And also can we officially start calling these ShamWow's?

Big TP regardless. It's just common sense.

« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Look Danny had to overpay at some point

yes IT4, Crowder, Zizic looks like a fair deal for Kyrie on paper

BUT what if IT4 walks after next season

then its Kyrie vs Crowder/Zizic.....  That is a ridiculously lopsided win for the Celts

So Cavs are asking the Celts for an insurance ...which was either Tatum or one of the lotto picks

Danny and staff thought the Nets pick will end up being the worst  out of the three

Danny prob thought he has fleeced the Nets this far....  Basketball gods would prob not allow him to gain another top 5 pick

Well I think it is obvious that Cleveland demanded a big asset like the Brooklyn pick knowing that IT was at best a 50% chance to stay there.  I am just wondering why not the LA pick?  Isn't that a better deal for the Cs.

« Reply #336 on: August 22, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I give Danny this:

He is one cold blooded dude.

After the year IT had, to see him traded like that just shocks me.

Never thought I'd see this.

dude after IT4 and his wife were part of recruiting efforts for Hayward to sign....

LOL .

to be fair, that's one of his strong points, is having no attachments to players, which is why he is in the position he is in, but ****n, did he do IT dirty...he did him very dirty

It is a snake of a move by Danny....... no doubt about it

BUT its not like he traded IT4 to the kings or something....  IT4 has a chance to make the finals

DANNY prob was torn to make this trade ....BC not only he had to trade IT4 etc....but also help Cavs stay strong.   

IF Danny didn't make this trade... Cavs were prob going to lower their demands (not for the Celts) but for another team.  And as a businessman, Danny was not going to let that happen. 

There is a 50/50 chance the Celts can't beat the Cavs again.........but this should be the last season this happens and Celts could be the future of the east for many many years to come ....  Hayward,  Irving, Tatum, Brown....are all very young. Irving already has a ring under his belt. Knows what it takes

« Reply #337 on: August 22, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900146591499145216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

Really hoping Irving buys into the system. With an engaged Kyrie, we're a much better team on both sides of the ball with a legit shot of knocking off the Warriors.

« Reply #338 on: August 22, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
https://mobile.twitter.com/isaiah_thomas

Looks like he might have been blindsided. Posting as usual earlier today. Did he change his picture already?

« Reply #339 on: August 22, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Also after much consideration + prayer I've decided scoops by Shams shall be know as "ShamWow"s from here on out.

EDIT: Swear I just saw this:

And also can we officially start calling these ShamWow's?

Big TP regardless. It's just common sense.

Lol, all good. Happy to be part of the team.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #340 on: August 22, 2017, 08:22:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/900146591499145216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fboston-celtics

Irving thrilled w/ joining Celtics and they'll have great chance to eventually re-sign him. Boston made deal with strong belief he'll stay.

Really hoping Irving buys into the system. With an engaged Kyrie, we're a much better team on both sides of the ball with a legit shot of knocking off the Warriors.

I think so also...  Irving does not look like a guy that likes moving around

but 1st and formost does not want to be a puppet under an ego like Lebron

« Reply #341 on: August 22, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This team is very far away from the Warriors.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #342 on: August 22, 2017, 08:26:21 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

ehh we show them a lil adversity and Durant will fold.

« Reply #343 on: August 22, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Disagree

especially if Brown and Tatum have strong years.....

Hayward with a supporting cast last season, gave OkC a tough time.... in some ways performed better than the Cavs did

Now add Horford, Kyrie etc

Not saying the Celts are a shoe in to beat the GWS but I think winning 2 games in a playoff series is not entirely out of question

« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
We lose the trade only for next year. In the long run, the Celtics win this deal.

Now when Bron goes out the game, IT is the go to guy. I trust that Stevens already knows how to defend him. Who do the Cavs have to defend Irving? Now with Crowder gone, the Celtics have no one to defend Bron...well they didn't before either but now it's all on Brown, Semi, Morris.