Author Topic: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap (UPDATE: Deal Done Did)  (Read 47340 times)

Re: ShamBomb: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
What does this mean for Lebron? He's always spoken highly of IT, so maybe this is a last ditch attempt by Cleveland of keeping him there. I'm sure he's a fan of Jae, too.

But, man, their D is going to be even worse now with IT in the mix. It'd also provide Brad a go-to permanent mismatch to plan against. No matter who starts of Kyrie, Brown, or Smart, IT would get absolutely killed on post-ups by Smart and Brown or isolation ball by Kyrie.

Man, opening night would be LIT if this happens!

If this trade keeps LeBron in Cleveland Ainge already lost it.

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I can't imagine there is any way on Earth Ainge gives up a top pick. 

I think Danny is screwing with them. He's gonna hold the line just like he did with PG-13 and Jimmy Butler and the Cavs are gonna get screwed waiting and have to settle for nothing just like the Pacers and Bulls did.  Then the Cavs will either be stuck with a cancer and implode or will settle for a lot less than they thought they'd get.

Also....if Ainge does send IT, it would hopefully prevent Bron from going to the Lakers or OKC next year.  It would give Bron a chance to go to the finals with yet another supporting cast further cementing his reputation as an alpha dog.  The Cavs would get to keep their golden child.

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
At some point rooting for a team has to be about more than just the pen and paper ... you root with your heart.

I'd rather root for IT.  Plain and simple.
same but trader danny is meticulous about finances it seems

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
IT is not resigning in Cleveland without Bron being there. The Celtics will run the East for awhile.

This is a great deal for the Celtics. We lose some heart with IT and Crowder.

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2017, 06:43:02 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
At some point rooting for a team has to be about more than just the pen and paper ... you root with your heart.

We watched Paul Pierce and KG get traded. At this point, I'm ready to root for whoever's in the jersey.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What does this mean for Lebron? He's always spoken highly of IT, so maybe this is a last ditch attempt by Cleveland of keeping him there. I'm sure he's a fan of Jae, too.

But, man, their D is going to be even worse now with IT in the mix. It'd also provide Brad a go-to permanent mismatch to plan against. No matter who starts of Kyrie, Brown, or Smart, IT would get absolutely killed on post-ups by Smart and Brown or isolation ball by Kyrie.

This means CLE knows Bron is leaving after this year, so this way they pick up a BRK / LAL pick to rebuild with when Bron (and like IT) are gone after next season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 06:43:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I watched Paul Pierce and KG get traded. At this point, I'm ready to root for whoever's in the jersey.

I loved those guys, but the team was going nowhere at the time and those guys had reached a point where all they could be was role players.

IT is a superstar and the heart and soul of this team.

Are we winning a title with Kyrie?

Nope.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Trenni on CSN says Zizic is in the trade and either LA or Brooklyn pick

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:01 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I can't wait to see what Brad could do with Irving, he made Jordan Crawford a serviceable player and IT an All-NBA player, Irving could be a perennial MVP in his system.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:08 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
IT, Crowder, Zizic, and one of the LA or Brooklyn picks? Yeah, that's a bit too steep for me. Now if that pick is something like the Memphis and/or LAC pick, then I'm down for that.

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:37 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I love Isaiahs grit, i love his skill and i love his ability to acomplish the un-acomplishable BUT,

Kyrie Irvin would make this team an instant Eastern Conference Favorite right off the rip IF,

Its a IT/Irvin swap with maybe LA's pick thrown in. Anything else makes no sense for Boston.

1, Tatum is untouchable
2, Brooklyn pick is untouchable
3, if Jaylen Brown is moved, got get atleast a lottery pick in return

I donnot see this happening. None of this makes sense for Boston and even less makes sense for Cleveland.

Kyrie to Boston for Tatum n picks is a complete loss for Ainge and i dont see Ainge making that mistake. I believe Tatum is probably more untouchable then both 1st round picks in 018.

Cleveland is a mess and will be even more of a mess after Lebron leaves next year. If i were Ainge, i would not trade anything for anything with Cleveland. They are in up over their heads with their hands tied behind their backs. Let the enemy fall apart.

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

If this trade keeps LeBron in Cleveland Ainge already lost it.
It might be better than him making a super team out west

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think it's a smart move for the team's competitiveness and future, but the idea of it makes me feel gross.

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
The trade has to go down now. You can't bring back a player that is going to be slighted by doing nothing but cherish wearing green.