Author Topic: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)  (Read 15835 times)

Re: Trump And His Administration (Day to Day Thread)
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2017, 10:26:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 271
Most of the fans will be leaving the stadiums in droves if there is kneeling

trump won in a landslide for a reason- this country stands by him

Didn't he lose the popular vote?
https://youtu.be/PyrHzQGQHt4
https://youtu.be/nCrxeZwLyBI

Man more garbage like this.  He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.  Good job with the trump conspiracy theories though...really super legit.
smh
so now facts are garbage. Interesting. The illegal alien literally bragged about voting illegally on tv. What part of that is a conspiracy? You seriously think she was the only one?

What part of 3 million votes do you not understand?  Do you seriously think there were 3 million cases of illegal voting in the US?

Trump tried to get the states to go along with his crazy theory and literally all of the state election offices said there was no validity in his claims.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/05/kris-kobach-said-states-abiding-voter-fraud-request-where-states-stand/451763001/
there's like 60+ million illegals in this country. You uhh... Realize that right? 3 mill is very possible

The number is actually 11 million, not 60+

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/04/25/undocumented-immigrant-population-united-states/100877164/

The likelyhood that all 11 million managed to vote illegally, and all voted for Hillary, is virtually impossible.
that is an estimate from a biased newspaper. Some estimates are closer to 60 million. Thanks to Obama's wide open borders, no one knows how many we have

How is it visually impossible that 1-5% of illegals voted? Its very possible. 1 already bragged about voting 5 times for clinton. That's how "secure" our election system is

It allows for mass fraud from employees as well in clinton counties:  http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2017/08/ex-miami-dade-elections-worker-will-get-house-arrest-for-voter-fraud.html

yup, within seconds of me posting my frustration of trump supporters pulling in the hail mary of the 'fake news' it pops up in an argument.
sad!

« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 702
  • Mr. Emoji
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893

So sad! ::) :laugh:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893

Someone in the White House needs to take the President's phone away from him and keep him off Twitter. He looks more and more like a 10 year old internet idiot every time he posts.

It's amazing how accurate Alec Baldwin's portrayal of him was, isn't it?  "I’m going to set my alarm for 3:20 a.m. and go sit on my golden toilet bowl and tweet about it until completion.”     L m a o :laugh:.

« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2017, 11:59:28 PM »

Online CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 298
"Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!"

That's a real president... Unlike obama who let north Korea get away with whatever they wanted

« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2017, 12:16:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2388
"Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!"

That's a real president... Unlike obama who let north Korea get away with whatever they wanted

Yes....because giving Kim Jong Un a disrespectful nickname like "Rocket Man" is so MANLY and BOLD......

Why is so often the "tough talking folks" are the ones seemingly less Combat experienced? I think after President Obama saw SO MANY Flag-drapped caskets coming home war became quite real to him - even though he didn't serve.

We need to stop this phony narrative of President Obama being weak.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2017, 12:20:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2388
Some random thoughts of of President Trump's last few weeks in office -

Over time I can see "some" of President Trump's angst against the media. Just last week I saw some outlets giving him and The First Lady some disrespectful comments.

I saw him giving a speech to some active duty service members and he didn't greet his wife with a hug and kiss. I thought that in a setting like that "Public displays of affection" is discouraged. I thought he and The First Lady handled it appropriately.

Some media outlets made it seem like he and his wife weren't getting along.

About Ms. Jamele Hill's recent comments about Mr. Trump - sadly he is not painting a different picture to defend himself with his speech about the NFL and GSW's Steph Curry tweet. While I don't believe Mr. Trump is racist he needs to present himself as friendly to ALL PEOPLE.....

I've said on here before that I respect Colin Kapernick's decision about kneeling for the Flag. And I am a retired Navy Veteran who happens to be Black. And I know quite well - after over 20 years of honorable service - what the Flag means to ME.

As for Ms. Hill's comments about his Administration being White Supremacists - I can't agree with her here. Mr. Bannon didn't present himself well but he is no longer in the WH.

Everyone else? Mr. Kelly...Mr. Mattis...these two alone I really like and respect. They are retired and respected Generals.

Mr. Tillerson...Mr. Pence...Mrs. Nikki Haley...not racists and I like them as well and think they are well-qualified.

I just wish President Trump would listen to his advisors. I'm hoping he has better days because the last few haven't been.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:41:09 AM by GreenFaith1819 »
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »

Offline greece666

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1055
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
LeBron's tweet got 1.1 million likes and 550k retweets. It is now in the top-20 of these two cats, and moving upwards.

Also, here is GSW's statement

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/911671699480879104

Here is a thread with all the players' (and in general the League's) reactions. They keep updating with new stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/71z8yb/megathread_league_reactions_to_trump_comments/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:55:53 AM by greece666 »

« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2017, 08:45:50 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1251
What an absolutely stark and disturbing contrast: 
In the aftermath of Charlottesville, the President unnecessarily decides that he's going to find some good in the protesters.  At a time when he absolutely could have gotten away with calling a group of people SOBs (Nazis, KKK, White Supremacists) --  the  so-called patriotic "Americans" who came prepared for violence and aggressive provocation and who boldly slung Nazi slogans and anti-Semitic chants --  he instead comments (repeatedly) on the good folks who marched alongside them.

In Alabama, Trump unnecessarily (he didn't need to bring it up) decides to target Colin Kapernick and others who peacefully protest against what they believe to be mistreatment of Americans by kneeling at the national anthem.  He calls them SOBs who should be fired.  Further, he instructs fans to walk out of the stadium if players kneel.

He has left absolutely no ambiguity with regard to his feelings about people who kneel during the national anthem.  And despite belatedly renouncing White Supremacy, he has continued to find the good amongst the Charlottesville protesters.   He chooses to picks fights that divide America where he could use his pulpit to encourage important unifying conversation.

I am not one who believes Trump is a racist (despite my statements above), but the optics of what he is doing in the service of his ego and his base, is divisive, ignorant, and understandable fodder for those who claim Trump has racial bias.   He has been a disgrace as president and as a leader.  I hope somehow this changes over the next 3 years.

« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2017, 09:20:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 5173
Some comments from NFL owners:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/09/24/the-nfl-is-going-to-war-with-trump-as-several-teams-have-condemned-his-attack-on-players/23220891/

From San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York: "The callous and offensive comments made by the President are contradictory to what this great country stands for. Our players have exercised their rights as United States citizens in order to spark conversation and action to address social injustice. We will continue to support them in their peaceful pursuit of positive change in our country and around the world."

From Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank: "We are at our very best when we are working together, building unity and including everyone's voice in a constructive dialogue. Creating division or demonizing viewpoints that are different than our own accomplishes nothing positive and undermines our collective ability to achieve the ideals of our democracy."

From Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: "Our country needs unifying leadership right now, not more divisiveness. We need to seek to understand each other and have civil discourse instead of condemnation and sound bites. I know our players who kneeled for the anthem and these are smart young men of character who want to make our world a better place for everyone. They wanted to start a conversation and are making a difference in our community, including working with law enforcement to bring people together. We all can benefit from learning, listening and respecting each other."

From Tennessee Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk: "I am proud to stand with our players and support them in their work on and off the football field. I completely agree with Commissioner Goodell that we are better off as a nation when we are unified and pulling together... Our players make public contributions day-in and day-out and when I hear anyone making disparaging remarks about them, I know it has to be the result of not knowing what they bring to our communities or what they have accomplished.”

From Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay: "“I am troubled by the President’s recent comments about our league and our players. Sports in America have the unique ability to bring people from all walks of life and from different points of view together to work toward or root for a common goal, and the Indianapolis Colts are proud to be a part of that tradition in our home city and state."

From Green Bay Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy: "It's unfortunate that the President decided to use his immense platform to make divisive and offensive statements about our players and the NFL. We strongly believe that players are leaders in our communities and positive influences. They have achieved their positions through tremendous work and dedication and should be celebrated for their success and positive impact. We believe it is important to support any of our players who choose to peacefully express themselves with the hope of change for good. As Americans, we are fortunate to be able to speak openly and freely."

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2017, 09:27:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
What an absolutely stark and disturbing contrast: 
In the aftermath of Charlottesville, the President unnecessarily decides that he's going to find some good in the protesters.  At a time when he absolutely could have gotten away with calling a group of people SOBs (Nazis, KKK, White Supremacists) --  the  so-called patriotic "Americans" who came prepared for violence and aggressive provocation and who boldly slung Nazi slogans and anti-Semitic chants --  he instead comments (repeatedly) on the good folks who marched alongside them.

In Alabama, Trump unnecessarily (he didn't need to bring it up) decides to target Colin Kapernick and others who peacefully protest against what they believe to be mistreatment of Americans by kneeling at the national anthem.  He calls them SOBs who should be fired.  Further, he instructs fans to walk out of the stadium if players kneel.

He has left absolutely no ambiguity with regard to his feelings about people who kneel during the national anthem.  And despite belatedly renouncing White Supremacy, he has continued to find the good amongst the Charlottesville protesters.   He chooses to picks fights that divide America where he could use his pulpit to encourage important unifying conversation.

I am not one who believes Trump is a racist (despite my statements above), but the optics of what he is doing in the service of his ego and his base, is divisive, ignorant, and understandable fodder for those who claim Trump has racial bias.   He has been a disgrace as president and as a leader.  I hope somehow this changes over the next 3 years.
Its very difficult to not see Donald Trump as a racist when he called Mexicans names during the campaign, defends white supremists and Neo-nazis in Charlottesville, and them calls black NFL players names and calls for the owners to fire them and people to walk out on them over a peaceful 3 minute protest each week. David Duke has even come out praising Trump's actions in Charlottesville. So even KKK members think he is racist otherwise they wouldn't have come out in support of him.

« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2017, 09:31:36 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
Add this to the list:

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS CHAIRMAN AND CEO ROBERT KRAFT
"I am deeply disappointed by the tone of the comments made by the President on Friday. I am proud to be associated with so many players who make such tremendous contributions in positively impacting our communities. Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger. There is no greater unifier in this country than sports, and unfortunately, nothing more divisive than politics. I think our political leaders could learn a lot from the lessons of teamwork and the importance of working together toward a common goal. Our players are intelligent, thoughtful and care deeply about our community and I support their right to peacefully affect social change and raise awareness in a manner that they feel is most impactful."
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2017, 10:38:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
Trump doubles down on NFL with another tweet this morning. Guy is just clueless.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911904261553950720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-15686216753506223698.ampproject.net%2F1506041909031%2Fframe.html

"If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country, you will see change take place fast. Fire or suspend!"

« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2017, 11:01:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1055
Some comments from NFL owners:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/09/24/the-nfl-is-going-to-war-with-trump-as-several-teams-have-condemned-his-attack-on-players/23220891/

From San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York: "The callous and offensive comments made by the President are contradictory to what this great country stands for. Our players have exercised their rights as United States citizens in order to spark conversation and action to address social injustice. We will continue to support them in their peaceful pursuit of positive change in our country and around the world."

From Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank: "We are at our very best when we are working together, building unity and including everyone's voice in a constructive dialogue. Creating division or demonizing viewpoints that are different than our own accomplishes nothing positive and undermines our collective ability to achieve the ideals of our democracy."

From Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: "Our country needs unifying leadership right now, not more divisiveness. We need to seek to understand each other and have civil discourse instead of condemnation and sound bites. I know our players who kneeled for the anthem and these are smart young men of character who want to make our world a better place for everyone. They wanted to start a conversation and are making a difference in our community, including working with law enforcement to bring people together. We all can benefit from learning, listening and respecting each other."

From Tennessee Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk: "I am proud to stand with our players and support them in their work on and off the football field. I completely agree with Commissioner Goodell that we are better off as a nation when we are unified and pulling together... Our players make public contributions day-in and day-out and when I hear anyone making disparaging remarks about them, I know it has to be the result of not knowing what they bring to our communities or what they have accomplished.”

From Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay: "“I am troubled by the President’s recent comments about our league and our players. Sports in America have the unique ability to bring people from all walks of life and from different points of view together to work toward or root for a common goal, and the Indianapolis Colts are proud to be a part of that tradition in our home city and state."

From Green Bay Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy: "It's unfortunate that the President decided to use his immense platform to make divisive and offensive statements about our players and the NFL. We strongly believe that players are leaders in our communities and positive influences. They have achieved their positions through tremendous work and dedication and should be celebrated for their success and positive impact. We believe it is important to support any of our players who choose to peacefully express themselves with the hope of change for good. As Americans, we are fortunate to be able to speak openly and freely."

And yet Colin Kaepernick still does not have a job. It seems pretty clear to me these statements by NFL owners are just hollow words they don't really mean and are only saying to save face.

Personally, I just don't care about any of it. If someone wants to take the opportunity to use the National anthem to protest in support of some cause, that's fine by me. But I also don't have any issues with other people, including the President, speaking out against them. That is their right as well.

I don't agree with Trump's stance on the matter, but I just don't see it as all that important. I really don't care what athletes think about anything. All I care is if they are good at the sport they play, so long as they play for my team.

« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 50
  • Gimme a break!
What do you think of Steve Mnuchin's statements:... that NFL players can do freedom of speech on their own time...while of the job they have rules to obey, like tucking in their shirts, etc....and that HONORING OUR FLAG IS UNIFYING - not divisive?

Nobody told me there would be days like these.  Ainge days indeed.

« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 488
  • On To Banner 18!
The Steelers WILL NOT take the field for the National Anthem today.

Trump isn't going to win a fight against the entire NFL and NBA. No way.

« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
What do you think of Steve Mnuchin's statements:... that NFL players can do freedom of speech on their own time...while of the job they have rules to obey, like tucking in their shirts, etc....and that HONORING OUR FLAG IS UNIFYING - not divisive?
I think each business has rules regarding just how far someone can go in exercising their first amendment rights before there are consequences. If an NFL owner wants to institute a policy of standing during the national anthem or you will see consequences, then so be it. If they don't want to issue that rule then players have the right to exercise their right to speech and protest.

And I agree with all that.

Personally don't care if they protest or not but think they have a right to protest. I wouldn't protest in that manner but that's just me. I don't force my actions on others or demand they do as I do.

And frankly, I think the President just shouldn't broach the subject. He has more important things he should be worrying about than NFL and NBA players protesting stuff.